Has to be level 10 to portal?

Is this a bug? or inteneded. I am at the exodar, and there was no barber. So I was like okay I will just got to darna, untill I go to click the portal and it said “I have to be level 10 to use” ? I mean shoot, if you are gonna lock us out of leaving till 10…put a dang barber in all main citys. This was on a level 1 ally alt …lol not the posting char :stuck_out_tongue:

Take the boat outside of Exodar.

1 Like

I went to the dock, no boat…I asked the Npc by the dock, and it said the boat is not working. So wth do I do now XD So I payed for a mage port, not cool blizz…

Srsly I should NOT have to PAY to get to a barber to try out new content! As well as be held hostage to get level 10, I don’t care how eazy leveling is now. You just don’t do that, put a dang barber in Exodar if your gonna pull this.

You’ll want to post that suggestion over in the General Forums so that it will be passed along. Unfortunately, the CS forums are not visited by the developers.

I think that you’ll find plenty who agree with you :wink:

And for the record, you didn’t really “have” to pay for a portal to another city, that was something you decided was worth it for you to be able to visit a barber immediately. You could have leveled up or found a mage who wasn’t going to charge you…I haven’t charged for a port in years!!

1 Like

Likewise.

edit - realised it was a low level alt.

I edited your post a bit so that you can retain your posting privileges. Though I understand your frustration, please remember that our forum policies prohibit the use of clear and masked language.

If you’d like to see a barber placed in more locations, Raijinfury, or that requirements to use the portal at the dock should be lower, I’d recommend posting in the General Discussion forum with that feedback. Customer Support have no involvement in developing or implementing game content.

That said, have you interacted with an Exodar Peacekeeper? They provide all kinds of directions for folks. If you select the option “Other Continents” and then “Stormwind City in the Eastern Kingdoms”, they’ll mark on your map a portal that you can take to Stormwind.

I didn’t seem to have any trouble using it at level one.

4 Likes

So sorry I did not think about it, again my apoligies for the use of it :frowning: pls do not ban me -tear

We try to keep communication open when we can, which is why I edited your post so that a moderator didn’t have to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was on my alt, and I did try to click the portal it said I must be level 10…so not sure why its not working for me. Do you need to see, i mean i can log the char and try again?

Are you clicking the portal at the end of the dock? If so, that’s the wrong one. Talk to an Exodar Peacekeeper as I indicated earlier. Select the option “Other Continents” and then “Stormwind City in the Eastern Kingdoms”, they’ll mark on your map a portal that you can take to Stormwind.

1 Like

oh okay lol, well -bonks head- I just figured the boat and the docks lol my bad ty ty! Tho mages are nice to be sure, thank you again for all the help …<–dose not play ally a lot :confused:

3 Likes

Okay so I logged a night elf alt, I asked the guards they all lead me to the dock…where the dock npc says the ship is broken, and the portal says level 10 to use. I will keep looking for another route, but this is extreamly frusrating at this point. I checked near the city leader, just a portal to exod can be used. The other says 10 to use, this needs addressed. If you are putting out new stuff for us all to try, you need to make it accessible to everyone.

1 Like

Having to level up a bit doesn’t mean it’s not accessible to everyone. It just means you have to level up a bit first.

If you’d like to see a change in what cities have barbershops and/or what level is needed for certain portals, you’ll need to make a constructive post in General and/or use the in-game suggestions feature.

Posting here asking for a change won’t do anything as the Blues here are not devs nor are they liasons to them (like the Blues in non-support forums are).

3 Likes

I just made a lvl 1 Night Elf and traveled to Darnassus. I then took the portal to Exodar and then took the portal to Stormwind. All without any issues.

The only portal I have seen that required level 10 to use was the Hellfire Peninsula portal in Darnassus. It is the portal on the left in the screenshot below. The portal on the right is the portal to Exodar.

Once in the Exodar, the portal to Stormwind will be right in front of you.

Once in Stormwind, you can travel back to the Exodar if you like.

2 Likes

To me its a broken system, and pointing is fine to do. I am not gonna move this anywhere, as I know like most posts they get nowhere. So let it be set to level, 10 I just will get a mage no biggie. Still seems laim, but hey w/e the big wigs want. Did you go from a level 1 on exodar to darnassus? Or did you make a level 1 trying to go from darnassus to sw?

1 Like

I made the level 1 Night Elf. I then traveled to Darnassus. From Darnassus I then took the portal to the Exodar. From the Exodar, I then took the portal to Stormwind.

I will get you some screenshots that prove I was unable to use them at level 1. Starting new level ones, 1 night elf, who would like to go to SW. Then I will make a level 1 dranai, who wants to go to darn. I will show you the portals in ?, as well as screen shots of the “you must be level 10 to use this portal” statment.

** Now you see the REQUIRES LEVEL 10 on both the screen, and in the lower right hand side?