Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

respectfully disagree.

10 man is barely raiding.

And people still have fun raiding, that’s even one of the biggest attraction of classic and classic is now an important part of world of warcraft players.

1 Like

M+ and raiding are on completely different planets, and it’s absurd that the gear from one crosses over into the other.

In order to bring them in line, they’d have to do the following:

1. Double the number of loot drops per raid boss to 2 per 5 players.
  2. Allow bosses to be done in any order (since you can do keys in any order).
  3. Remove weekly lockouts from raids (since you can do dungeons any number of times).

None of which is on Blizzard’s radar, because Blizzard doesn’t give a crap about raiding.

1 Like

They are from different time periods. Raids are the transatlantic shipping to m+’s transatlantic flight. If anything, they should be removing the barrier between PvE and PvP, not adding another subdivision of PvE(1) and PvE(2)

This is all fine. Highly recommend.

This is ridiculous. They go to great lengths to force people into raids so that they don’t just shrivel up and die.

1 Like

You have:

• M+ 20’s across the board
    vs
  • A single run of Normal Amirdrassil (1 kill of each boss) and 1 kill of 1 heroic boss.

Yet you were “forced” to do the raid. Which you really haven’t.

Uh huh.

1 Like

Oh, here ya go. Saved you a click.

Great length? you can get full 489 without even stepping into a raid or mythic raid. You don’t even get a mount for each tier. Tier sets can be obtained totally outside of raids.

1 Like

Ah, rerolling FOTM. Because of course.

So you were “forced” into the raid for
 looks
 a trinket?

That’s why we need an iron curtain. So you wouldn’t have to.

If people are doing m+ over raiding, then it’s because they enjoy it more. They’re having fun.

1 Like

More people do leveling so I guess they enjoy it more than everything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s take away the infinite fountain of free loot aspect of M+ for an expansion to test that.

1 Like

Raid isn’t harder than mythic+, it’s just a time sink. Now that raid gear can also be upgraded I think the gearing is fine. Back when it couldn’t be there was an issue.

M+ if anything has saved this game.

Raiding is fun n all but just a singular weekly activity. Is why the other game I enjoy is so dead between major patches.

It certainly changed the demographic but it didn’t save anything. Classic being that popular in many ways is proof that retail and M+ doesn’t correspond to everyone best vision of the game and of how they prefer to have fun. I doubt they can just roll it back in, so for the better or the worse the community will be split on this.

1 Like

I like classic for what it is too. They’re two different games at this point.

SoD is turning out to be one of the best things they’ve done IMO.

It’s true they are the same difficulty.

When people want to farm some aspect crests it’s 50/50 if they decide to knock out 8 +16 dungeons or go pug 9/9 mythic raid.

Actually shouldn’t knocking out a quick 9 mythic bosses be faster? Is mythic+ the time sink?

2 Likes

and /thread

I had this CE guild that I ran with for a better part of Legion, and I really enjoyed the community sense of “you’ll always have a home to come back to”

I don’t raid anymore, and instead I do a lot of M+
 But even still, I would say raiding and community offer an experience you cant get in a pure M+ setting.

No, M+ and raiding are two very different things.

1 Like

There are more variables than that. What are they serving? What are their prices? How long is the wait? Is the staff good? Is the food good?

1 Like

Is it Sunday? Or are we really out here pretending that the dungeon currency is rewarded from
 doing dungeons

Definitely one of the things that did.