Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

The food is pretty similar, but the wait times and the prices are way lower. The dress code is more casual. You can only order off the chef’s menu once on Tuesday, but the cafe is open 24/7 for lighter faire.

So what it boils down to is: you take your large party dinner/meetings at the established “la raid odieux”, but for every other meal, you go to “m+ amusant cafe” because in the end, time is money and nobody wants to schedule their lives around food, they schedule food around their lives.

M+ can drop up 470 gear (on par with Heroic raiding) at the highest and creates vault items that can be as high as 483 but then upgraded to 489. (on par with Mythic Raiding)

Mythic raiding has some items that can go to 496 but you’re only going ot see those FROM mythic raiding and/or the vault slots that open up from mythic raiding.

Raids usually have the best trinkets for most classes AND they have the items needed t-mog wise to “finish” out t-mog sets.

Hard agree that people who raid now in a dedicated guild are becoming more rare, but raiding is probably still designed for those people and is arguably the most enjoyable when you have a dedicated team.

No, just like people who complain about mythic + normally don’t actually do mythic + or raid on any meaningful level usually

curious why you dont think it’s fun.

Except crests are not dungeon currency, they’re used to upgrade raid items just the same.

3 Likes

It make’s quantifiable dollars and “cents” to Blizzard. They have the data that’s driving costumer retention and loss.

The upcoming 4th pillar for solo players is a good example. They’d finally lost enough of that core demographic.

The “1%” wound up being closer to 30% which doesn’t cover the overhead.

My fellow FGC player!
As an aside in SF6 - Gief main against tons of JP opponents. THAT’s all about getting my butt kicked in a fighting game.

2 Likes

So we agree aspect crests are essentially a dungeon exclusive currency and are the only method of upgrading higher hero track, all of mythic track, and crafting all 486 gear in the game?

Players are doing M+ over raids because the barrier to entry is much lower. It’s a lot more difficult to PuG a normal / heroic raid than it is an M+ run.

To that affect, I would be fine if there was an adjustment in terms of how rewarding M+ is compared to raids to put this idea to rest (one way or another).

But so long as Blizzard insists on not addressing the barriers facing players when it comes to making friends and finding a guild to raid with, players will continue to opt for the ease-of-access of M+, even if it’s less rewarding than raids.

Agreed.

Back in Wrath, I was in a casual raiding guild, and I remember being super stoked to get home from work every day to play WoW, only to feel deflated when I realized it wasn’t Friday, our only raid night, and the only thing I could meaningfully do was the daily Heroic dungeon, which was faceroll easy by TotGC.

I remember lamenting to myself, “If only they could do something to keep Heroic dungeons relevant throughout the expansion’s lifecycle so running them wouldn’t feel increasingly tedious and boring as the expansion wore on…”

I quit the game a month into Cata because of how bad trying to make friends and / or find a guild to play with had become (due to things like the CR RDF and Guild perks), but I eventually came back in Legion because of M+ and LFG, so M+ definitely brang me back to the game. I doubt I’m the only one.

They are valor that has been improved to include both raid and pvp. I am confused why people are confused that dungeons are still the best source.

We can go back to S1 if you’d prefer. When it was a dungeon exclusive currency and raid/ pvp items couldn’t be upgraded… if that made raid logging easier for you.

I can tell you’re confused. The raid isn’t the hard part. It’s getting the other players to do their part. That’s why raids are such a time sink. The difficulty of the content is still relatively similar.

1 Like

Yeah, because there exist 18-20 keys that take the best players in the world a few hundred attempts to time…

1 Like

I’m glad someone else in here who is intelligent agrees how ancient and antiquated raiding is.

Blizzard is trying to keep a plush toy bear from our childhoods from disintegrating with time by patching up the stuffing and smushing it back inside the plushie rather than just doing something new. It’s not cutting it.

1 Like

I am not saying they didn’t under tune dungeons this season. I play casually these days and I can do twenties without much effort. They kind of feel like 14s to me from season one. I am just talking about mechanics.

Well yeah. Most dungeons bosses or trash pulls have about as much going on as the average raid boss does on normal.

1 Like

If M+ feels too easy, roll a healer and heal pugs. No one wants to hear about your face roll adventures.

so the content is harder because you choose to play with bad players? I don’t follow.

If you chose to bring 20 of that caliber of player you struggle to heal in 20s to one of the later M raid bosses, the boss just wouldn’t die, vs the 5 of them would probably finish the key (maybe not in time, but they’d probably finish)

That’s my point. It’s not the mechanics that make the mythic raid difficult. How hard is it to spread, stack, drop puddles in a designated spot, avoid lines? It’s the same mechanics we have seen for years. The hard part is getting the entire group to do it. That’s all I am saying. The difficulty of the mechanics is all relative. Do I think they need to address drops and crests for raiding? Yes. Do I think mythic+ show give you a maximum ilvl of 10 below heroic? No.

you’ve seen a Fyraak kill, right?

2800+ could of beend 3k+ but why…

I stopped M+ing after 2100 s3

No rewards no reason. Now Raiders need thier aspects and crests they need us … Give me a reaon to try to suppor a system where the best gear is in Raids but you need M+ to get upgrade it. without being a M+ raider…

sad little tools