Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

I understand its not all about the gear but has the gear rewards from m+ not ruined the gearing aspect of raiding?

I feel like m+ gear should be 10 ilvls lower than heroic raid gear at max. and maybe higher ilvls after a +22 key.

Something doesnt make sense when you spend 30mins(or less) in a dugeon and get better gear than a 5hr raid.

51 Likes

If it weren’t for raid loggers, dead horses would go out of business.

63 Likes

No, because the game is more then just raiding

80 Likes

Yes. It has.

Edit: And Delves will likely kill a lot of M+ participation too.

31 Likes

Still tons of guilds pushing heroic that love raiding if you look at Warcraft logs.

8 Likes

Think I’d rather be raiding than doing M+. Unfortunately I can’t commit the time so M+ it is.

Fortunately, this is the last time I’ll do M+. No idea how you all find this fun. Rather be wasting all this time getting my butt kicked in a fighting game.

22 Likes

If I can max gear myself without relying on other people, of course it would.

27 Likes

Only the lower end

2 Likes

Which is a lot.

Sure. We’ll have to see how it plays out. Cant get carried by others when its just yourself in a delve :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed. Won’t be carrying others either.
If it’s anything like H. Visions, it will be a blast.

12 Likes

I skipped that patch and came back like the last week it was available. Were you able to spam run those for rewards or were they on a weekly lockout?

“Ruined” is a strong word. But it definitely has a lot of influence on raiding.
It feels like people are not raiding for gear anymore but do M+ for gear so they can do raids more efficiently and maybe fill some remaining gear slots on the way.

I think the people still raiding do it more for cosmetic rewards, achievements, the social aspect (activity with the guild) and/or the challenge. Not really for the gear rewards.

14 Likes

You had to grind currency in order to run them. It was a pain. You could do them as much as you wanted as long as you hit the grind hard.

3 Likes

People who are focused on progression will probably do all three types of content.

5 Likes

True! but you also won’t get yelled out for messing up or expected to preform perfectly. Meaning if you mess up a Delve you just try again.

Which is huge for a lot of players who want to learn stuff as they go and not be held down by others. Look at mage tower and how many people did it.

5 Likes

Raiding ruined raiding.

24 Likes

M+ drops 470 gear (can be upgraded to 483)

Mythic raid drops 480-489

4 Likes

Look how many didnt complete it either lol

Rose-tinted goggles. Those were the most unfun part of that entire patch and everyone complained about them at the time as well.

6 Likes