Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

I’d have every boss drop 30 crests. The front half of raid drops wyrm, the back half aspect.

1 Like

Already answered that before, saying that people complain about everything is not argument. It’s bad faith to generalize everything under the same hat.

You’re the only one saying that you need to, I’ve always defended my point as M+ being too powerful for raids. The difference with doing it or not is too great. So you can buff raids to reduce that or split them off. It’s not super hard to understand. Also any crafting gear might as well be considered M+ gear as you cannot cap your aspects crest unless you’re clearing the mythic raid on day one. Which is also why I am asking for heroic raids to drop them.

So we agree.

Everything else was just trash so we can wrap it up if we agree.

Yes there are many solutions to making it work and that would be much better.

1 Like

If item level = power, but that’s never been the case. Maybe if you could get raid items from m+ vault that would be a different story.

And in any event, item level is meaningless in this game. It’s what you do with it that matters.

The loot that actually drops from mythic raid bosses is higher than any loot that drops from any level of mythic keystone dungeon. However, the loot rewards in the great vault for mythic keystones completed at or above +18 will provide a mythic-level loot piece from the dungeon pool, while the great vault for mythic raid still just provides a piece of mythic-level loot from the bosses you’ve killed in the raid. So completing +18 or above keys will get you one piece of mythic-level gear a week. There are a very small number of rare drops in the raid that exceed the level of mythic-track gear, but again, it’s very few and they’re rare.

1 Like

Someone that does mythic raid is around 489 ilvl when capped. I’m currently 485 and have not stepped into a mythic raid this patch. People like to overvalue mythic gear because it was way much better before.

I mean after awhile it still a lottery if you’ll get the pieces you need once a week. Any raid tier player will still beat a mythic keystone player generally.

This is true for anything from the great vault, whether raid, dungeon or pvp lol.

Honestly, I would say that might be true if they’re both raiding and running keys. I’m not sure a raid-only player would beat out someone who is spamming keys all day long. And I seriously doubt there are many raiders who are farming mythic raid.

Mythic raiding is a nightmare.

On average clearing a full raid drops 2 items per player, your vault gives one. Most people do not clear half of mythic in the first weeks while you can easily get a M+ vault equivalent to mythic raiding with 3 slots. The early advantage of M+ is very strong.

1 Like

I have very limited experience with mythic raiding, so I can’t speak on it. But I loved AOTC raiding with my guild in BFA. I’d replicate that in a heartbeat if I could find a guild on my realm that raids when I’m available.

Early yes, late not so much. However it looks like from this thread I’m being told not so much anymore. I still agree with the set up though.

It’s 3 trinkets. 1 for each role.

That’s it.

Yeah. I’d consider 3 a “very small number.” I suppose 2 is even smaller. One even more so…

We also have the legendary 2h but that will cost ya also around 300k and the mental power to farm tons of superbloom. The 2nd part being the worse part of course.

For any given character, it’s 1 item.

When you say “a small number of items”, people will mistakenly think there are weapons, armor, rings, necks, cloaks, whatever, that are higher ilvl than what M+ gives.

There are not.

I always figured the issue was barrier to entry. I’m on an RP server so the guilds for Mythic are very limited. Even if you can get into a guild that mythic raids you still have the issue of being able to play a class you like. Either way I’m not sacrificing my home server just so I can try out mythic for once.

Aggressive server mergers are long overdue.

(Of course, it would have been preferable not to foolishly open 240 servers back in Wrath. But c’est la vie.)

1 Like

They won’t do it as they pretty much will probably do crossrealm mythic next as soon as they figure out how to do crossrealm guilds (no don’t talk to me about communities)

My statement wasn’t inaccurate. But I appreciate your rare specificity with clarifying it’s three trinkets. :+1:

Except…

This shows m+ to be the most preferred game mode with DF raiding a distant 7th… kinda puts a wrench in your theory, me thinks.