Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

Yes, in several ways where it matters. But in this particular case, they’re counting guilds, so it’s a non-issue.

I should also add that there were another 350 guilds WORKING on Mythic Sark who would have killed it, were the seasons not so ridiculously short these days.

And another 386 teams working on Neltharion.

And so on.

1 Like

On what M+ being a main difference?

Still better than any of the opinions you have spouted so far :person_shrugging:

I disagree with that, you can blame the other trolls for trying to make it about something else. It’s well known a lot of people on the forums just purely hate raiding and raiders.

Already answered to that it’s false to say that M+ gear doesn’t help you and make your experience better at any levels.

And it is a legitimate problem that you don’t see it as one is more an opinion.

Does it? So you want us to go back to artifact power grinds? Respecting player time means not putting too many chores in the way and M+ for many players is one as its a side content for raiding.

Someone experience is relevant when they take a hard stance against something that wouldn’t affect them at all or very minorly to fix someone else problem like tons of people here seems to be doing.

“I know a guy” has barely been used in this thread as I have used my own experience on the game. What is ridiculous is typing all those words you did to say nothing and add nothing.

I wouldn’t say ruined. More like, more value for your time. Everyone always says that wow doesn’t value peoples time. To those that don’t want to die for hours relying on 24 unreliable people. It’s a godsend .

1 Like

Sure but if the content is doing 25m raid then it makes sense that 25m raid should reward the most rewards for it. Else why are you already doing raid in the first place if all that you wanted since the beginning was just the loot?

If your goal is to do M+, then it makes sense that M+ rewards the most reward for it.

Top raid gear still trumps top mythic keystone gear… so I kind of already feel like this is the case.

1 Like

Raiding has or at least used to have an incredibly high retention rate so I definitely think they should try to make it more popular. The truth is that any average joe could start creating groups for M+ and be completing 20s in a few days right now I feel like even if you are a starch M+ only player you have to admit they’ve gotten a lot easier and their rewards have gotten better as well. Even if you are a hardcore raider who has every single raid on farm it’s still likely that you’ll be in mostly mythic+ gear.

1 Like

You can’t only look at the point of the spectrum.

Crests are way in favor for M+ endgame and you can unlock the max loot from the vault way more early and easily than raids.

Doing M+ early for gear or for catchup is not comparable at all with raids.

There is a decent amount of changes they could do that wouldn’t impact much people outside of raids and would make the game better for those that do.

They both give 489. Only exception is a Fyrakk trinket for each spec.

It’s the only reason I’d want to raid personally. I like my life less stressful. So it is a little hard for me to understand admittedly. Raiding in SL made me feel like “never again”

1 Like

Is it really though? There are like two trinkets and a legendary from the raid. And these items are super rare. Everything else can be replaced by vault M+ gear.

1 Like

It is not.

People are trotting out talking points that are way out of date. And they haven’t actually looked at raid loot in ages, it seems.

1 Like

Am I missing something? Are you a mythic raider? Because I’m certain mythic raids will always have more ilvl than mythic + gear

9 months raid tier are just stupid. The face SL had 2 of those is pretty terrible.

Yes.

I run a Cutting Edge Mythic raiding guild.

You’re wrong.

Well I’m actually happy to hear that then. I hate raids lol.

It shows.

/10chars

1 Like

You see folks complaining about M+ as well, you see folks complaining about worgens not having tails, you see folks complaining about the game not being rambo enough, and so on and so on. No, there’s no “well known” aspect except that these forums are full of bad faith actors and trolls.

“Help you” =/= “Need to”; these aren’t the same things. Of course M+ helps you, the same way that Delves will do the same thing, the same way that using Warmode to get some earlier ilvl upgrades early on into DF were able to push you ilvl high enough to get max-ilvl pre-raid/-M+ crafting tokens.

You do more content. You get more options that will help you. That’s never going to change about the game regardless of difficulty you participate at.

Of course I don’t see a personal opinion as a legitimate problem. There’s been three people arguing it is and you are the only one who has regularly acted in good faith. Indicating that in a thread spanning 10 days and over 1.1k posts, there’s essentially just ONE person raising what could be legitimate issues.

At that point this is overall not a big issue if it is one at all. M+ has way more positives for the game’s overall health and only has very niche issues that would be solved by increasing the reward structure for other content rather than negatively affecting everyone and everything else for what are niche and personal issues. All of which has been said again and again.

Yes. It means nothing unless you specify it. And now you are putting words into my mouth because I already conceded that the way Blizzard has implemented some borrowed power systems weren’t good. Albeit I wasn’t that specific so, I will happily concede that. But hilariously, whilst Artifact Power wasn’t good because of how the weapons functioned, the necklace was actually good for the game.

Folks had a reason to log on and play, to participate in the world, and much more like that. In essence the community events that exists in DF does the same thing. Yes, Borrowed Power systems are a good thing for the game overall when introduced appropriately - even if it comes with no “power” associated with it, making it merely a community event rather than a world quest that folks would go to.

And no, M+ doesn’t fit the description you are providing here. Why? Because you can do literally ONE M+ a week and you have fulfilled the requirements to getting one of those pieces. You want more? Then do more. But that’s entirely a choice to make, and again, it’ll largely depend on how serious the difficulty of the content you are partaking in is.

Repeatedly folks have made it clear that effectively no one has an issue with increasing rewards for raids. But what people do have issues with is folks falsely scapegoating and arguing for the, removal in the most extreme cases but more commonly, significantly nerfing of an activity … when the basis of it is quite literally just personal opinions.

It is an argument used again and again, endlessly.

Ditto.

1 Like

Go to the journal. There are only a handful of trinkets that are 496. Everything else can be substituted by M+ vault gear. Hell, let’s talk about the actual stats on this gear I main HDH and many of the secondary stats on this raid gear is worse than crafted gear or gear from M+.

1 Like

I wonder how many other posters in this thread are actually just woefully uninformed and actually think that raids give better gear.

And have never even looked at something like this:

2 Likes

People like me stopped raiding after SL.

So yes I’m chipping in from last expansion.

If the very next expansion meaning this one changed that.

I’m all for it bub.