Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

No it’s a fact. If there’s an advantage in running m+, they will do m+ even if they hate it, otherwise we wouldn’t have this conversation. All the changes you proposed doesn’t remove m+ from the equation, just makes it faster. And barely at that, because people take exception in EoD rewards, not the vault, which is all the change you proposed.

I just do not think you want to take this seriously. As I have proposed other changes.

You aren’t concerned by this subject and just want to waste my time.

There was never this all or nothing scenario but in your head.

1 Like

Am I?

Still makes m+ the best place to farm crests. edit : (unless you didn’t miss a week of raid)

Still handicapped by the lockout so m+ is still better.

Bonus loot limited to one per boss, and are limited acquisition per week. M+ still better.

Doesn’t remove EoD rewards which is what people farm for, not for the vault which is limited to 1 item a week anyway.

If you can cap crest while doing raids and you already are doing raids then you won’t need to farm m+ for crest, so you aren’t needing to do both. That’s a win and doesn’t make M+ the “only place” to cap your aspect crest.

And still is BETTER.

And still are better than nothing.

And that is still… better.

The all or nothing scenario only works in your head.

You’re either trolling or taking yourself seriously which is worse.

But that’s what people are complaining about, this made up need to m+. That wouldn’t disappear even with those.

I’m not trolling, I’m just waiting for the inevitable conclusion that only a divide or a severe nerf to m+ would fix the “issue”. And I don’t want any of it, so I’m paying attention.

1 Like

Like I said before this all or nothing scenario doesn’t lead to constructive discussion when it comes to finding solution. Sure splitting them is a solution which I would like, but making improvements are still not something I would disagree with. Which you seems obstinate on disagreeing on. It would still make my time in the game better so I don’t see why you gotta be that way except to make me waste my time.

I agree or otherwise am neutral with the changes you proposed, it’s just not a solution to the topic here. Raid loggers are still gonna complain.

And that is never an argument. People will always complain about everything so I guess we can just wrap everything up and say that Blizzard will never be able to fix everything. So just close the forums and remove any way to provide feedback, people will always complain.

Changes can be made to accommodate, sure, and while your solutions do, the others I’ve seen here are actually very detrimental to other players, so that’s why I’m here.

How much detrimental would it be and how much would it affect people that truly like m+? To some point I don’t even think splitting both content would affect most people negatively moreover if the UI problem for gear is fixed. I think most people that enjoy raids would rather not have to do m+ as that has been the biggest complaint I have heard from people that quit the game and that a lot of people just do it because they gotta do it.

Your experience of raiding with a guild that clears content after pugs is not a good experience for many people.

Which I’m glad you can see some changes can be good.

1 Like

Gear management is just a part of the issue. I don’t know how to feel about having to farm every slot twice, and suddenly become weak with a slower rotation, gcd and everything. Also tier, now I have to depend on vault to get tier for m+, and catalyst. So at worse I have 4 set after 2 months!

Also, and I guess if push comes to shove they would do it anyway, but they would absolutely need to put 2 vault, cause there ain’t no frigging way they make me choose just 1 item.

Most of those issues can be easily fix by buffing each content drops, but to be fair current game has also the problem of gearing you too fast so I’m not sure it would be much of a problem.

As far as feeling differently they have normalized haste for a lot of specs unless you have some extreme level of difference you won’t see much different.

To be fair raiding doesn’t even need a vault and the vault is a pretty clunky system for raiding but yes if they do like pvp I would expect like pvp to get the vault splitted of. (which they are planning to do next expansion as it never made sense)

The game isn’t forcing you to do M+, you are choosing to do it, because you have chosen to be competitive with those that do. Your choice, your responsibility. This is a you problem, not a game problem.

Incredibly selfish of you to expect the other 80% of the game to change because you can’t seem to control your impulses and stay in your pillar.

They tried World of Raid or DIE the last two expansions, and bombed. Now it’s time for the other side of the pendulum.

Just get radical.

Remove raid lockout.

Promote crests in each difficulty to next tier.

Promote raid vault rewards to next difficulty.

1 Like

There’s nothing more wrong than to think having a bad choice makes it good.
Yes I have the choice to have fun and play the game or to play another game if I don’t find it fun.

Yes it’s a personnal problem but also a game problem as it is designed that way to make it so to have an enjoyable experience for me and others that you need to do M+.

There’s no “control” problem, I just choose to not play the game for most patchs as I don’t see why I would play it more than that if it burns me out.

Raid or die and having raiding be a better experience is not the same.
The last 2 expansions were not raid or die and you barely know what is raid or die if you think expansions since Legion have been raid or die.

That is only moving the M+ spam problem to raiding, it doesn’t solve the problem.

How would it be a problem if both game modes can be spammed?

Because a lot of people want to be somewhat competitive without having to grind gear for 20 hours a week. This isn’t an arpg even if M+ works mostly that way.

If you double dip across progression pillars, that is your choice. Nobody is making you do it.

You want to keep up with others, and others are doing it, so you feel compelled to. This is a problem of your own making.
Yes, being competitive takes work, and often consists of things that aren’t fun. That is the price.
Making the rest of the game worse and neutering the other pillars because you have a need to be competitive is straight absurd. It makes zero sense to sacrifice the other pillars and the whole rest of the game because you feel peer pressure.

1 Like

So we cap people’s progression just because some have limits that would no longer make them competitive?

Or just keep as is?

Anything you just added doesn’t answer to my arguments.
I’ve already said making a bad choice doesn’t make it better.
“That is the price” just show how disconnected you are.

It makes tons of sense that we removed borrowed power grinds because they didn’t respect player time, M+ should be next because of the same reason. If not then they should definitly buff raids.

Yes because that would open the game to more people and would improve a lot of people experience in it and that we have seen the problem with other designs that look the same.

Else why remove AP if people truly enjoy grinding side content for their main content?