Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

And that’s all good, I generally believe that it’s not really a big problem if a UI update for gear sets is provided and that bag slots aren’t used for gear. Without something like that I wouldn’t go forward with splitting.

At the end of the day if they do use the same concept as pvp you’d still want to farm M+ gear early on, it would just not be as good later on.

I’ll never say never, but I just don’t see that happening between two pve pillars. At least not in a way that would reduce the effectiveness of one type being used in the other.

I would love a GW2 model for armor sets, where they’re basically equipped in a set you can swap, but take up no bag space.

1 Like

It will probably not happen with current leadership as M+ is the main way they fight against raid login and raid login is seen as evil by current leadership.

But it still ask the same question as why they removed borrowed power grind for many, it doesn’t respect players time.

For me grinding AP or M+ is the same concept.

If Legion and BFA had followed Cata, instead of MoP/ WoD, we would not have seen the complaints about AP.

But after 4 years of raid logging 4-6 hours a week, WoD players don’t want anything that impedes them.

Same thing for the leveling experience. Lots of people ask why its so quick and shallow. Why? WoD players don’t want to level. They want to fotm reroll in a day or two, like they are used to.

Why would it be? Your MAU counts for one whether you get on for 4 hours a week or 4 hours a day. Doesn’t make a difference in the numbers.

I wouldn’t be so sure about all of that.

Legion in itself was fine but the balance asked for a return to normal after which they didn’t seem to be willing to do.

The first black sheep expansion at the start was MoP with its tons of dailies, cata was pretty tame with tol barad or fireland.

Moreover, older expansions even mop were really easy to raid log.

Don’t know why you feel WoD is worse than others on that part, WoD was just designed with the pillars in mind and they forgot content for the more casual players and didn’t finish the expansion.

Moreover, leveling in WoD still took about as much time as in MoP but they removed the xp bottles that you could drop in mop (which inflated their price).

But even if WoD had more casual content it wouldn’t have affected people raid login ability.

Because they do not like people raid login and making empty guilds a thing during the week. Moreover, they do not only track MAU but player activity now, if you play more numbers go up.

I suspect it’s less to do with how much you log in per day/week as much as how our brains rationalize the time we’ve spent. If you’re only logging on for the raid, as soon as you’re done with the raid, you can cancel your sub until next tier. If the raid sucks, you have nothing else keeping you playing.

Whereas if you have other activities to do, you are more likely to keep subbed after raid and if the raid sucks. Further, even if you treat those alternate activities as secondary and would unsub if you feel the raid isn’t worth your time, the sunk cost of the time you invested around raid might compel some players to stick it out until they beat the raid.

To be clear, I don’t know any of this to be true, but it makes sense in my head at least.

1 Like

So this thread is useless then. If they do not want raid logging, m+ is here to stay, unchanged, because raid loggers can’t help but do m+ even though they hate it. If they let that go, we’re back to raid logging.

I wouldn’t say useless, but it’s a forum thread to start with so you can just always provide feedback. Like the titanforging wars it might take more than an expansion to happen ^^ It’s not like players “can’t help but do m+” more that there’s other avenues for them like classic or just playing other games if their playstyle is not respected. For me, nowadays I only play about one patch of the new expansions because I feel M+ just cause me to burnout.

With them seeing how borrowed power grinds were bad for players I think it’s reasonable to think that a change toward M+/vault could happen. But I do not see the current leadership being open to it yet.

Would be interesting to ask devs the question about their current stance on raid loggin.

I’m fairly certain m+ only players outnumber would be raid loggers, so any negative change against m+, only because raid loggers can’t control themselves, would cause a lot of backlash.

1 Like

I think there’s many people that mainly raid and do M+ that wouldn’t care much.
And people won’t stop doing M+ as long as the shower of loot exist even if the endgame loot is a tad worse.

You haven’t really read what I wrote up there. Raid loggers control themselves they just stop playing the game for something else xd

You can still raid log though. It’s just longer.

Oh yea totally you can have a worse experience and play with terrible players if you want to be way behind. Not really interested.

I’d rather play something else.

You can have terrible players that do do m+ so, and a terrible time nonetheless, so I don’t see relevance. If you want to break your head on the 7th boss because you can’t wait until reset, that’s on you.

Yes you’re not helping your point by saying that M+ is terrible.

And now who is misreading…

:person_shrugging:

Ok… and? Where did I say m+ is a terrible time?

Didn’t you understand the logic behind me not wanting to deal with playing with terrible players as that make content worse?