Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

Just like M+.

I guess you don’t like M+, either. That’s okay, most people don’t.

2 Likes

no, if anything has ruined raiding, its lacking anything good on the loot table.

Like the fire rings in season 1.

oh, and needing the herd cats through a raid pug because there is 0 ZERO NONE NOTHING consistent about the telegraphs. one mechanic is a stack the other is a spread and unless you have an addon telling you, you wont know which is which til the raid wipes 1-20 times.

There are visual distinctions between soaks and avoids.

1 Like

M+ is different. I haven’t farmed for gear. (Others have.)

Are we playing the same game? All raid tiers of Dragonflight have highly coveted raid loot.

Realistically to put raids and mythic+ on par the changes need to be:

All raid loot drops quantity is doubled. Raid vault no longer needs to be different bosses to count.

Heroic has no lockout, drops aspect crests, and gives mythic track in the vault.

Normal drops wyrm crests, LFR drops drake crests.

Mythic now awards heroic gear but at a higher quantity and aspect crests. Loot ID lockouts (no lockout?) and cross realm from start.

This makes the rewards more comparable to the difficulty where heroic is about equal to 18-20s and mythic to keys way above 20, which don’t award power.

1 Like

It did for a while, but things like superior raid weapons, trinkets, and exclusive enchants have fixed the problem well enough.

The crests are a problem though. All raid difficulties (except Mythic) should drop 1 tier higher if crests than they currently do, and they should increase the quantity of aspects dropped in Mythic raid.

My Forgestorm & Crawg Tusks from last season say “hi”.

Shows you my collection of Shadowlands Hakkar trinkets from every season.

Congrats? I never said it was universally true my guy. I said it fixed it well enough.

It hasn’t, though, because raiders still need to spend hours every week doing M+ just to get the gear to raid.

1 Like

That wasn’t the discussion. Raiding isn’t “ruined” for you, you are just supplementing it with something else.

That IS the discussion. Sorry you haven’t read the thread.

Raiders ruined raiding, M+ is the best thing that has happened to the game, and while the new raid is nice I’d still rather do M+

Well my comments reflect on the OP just fine. LOL at calling someone out for not reading a 470 post thread.

There are 2 main problems

-Mythic+ is far far easier than raid for similar rewards

-Mythic raid is completely unapproachable for 90% or more of the playerbase because of its lockout restrictions.

You can’t “fix” the issue by making Mythic plus rewards even lower than mythic raid rewards already are without removing raid lockouts to make it puggable. (No, the coordination needed isn’t the barrier, the barrier is the lockouts)

So your bias is showing here, since mythic raid is already far better for gear than mythic+.

The solution is to make mythic+ harder and have the same level of legendary and broken trinket & weapons as mythic raid, & to remove mythic raid lockouts, make it just like the other difficulties, you can keep the no flex though, pugs can deal with that.

people can pug mythic day 1 next expac.

1 Like

Meaning if I kill a boss in mythic I can still help someone else kill the same boss after, and join raids without getting locked to them if they already have kills?

Because thats 90% of the issue.

No, but being on the same server will not be required anymore.

So thats a no, one restriction that wasn’t that big a deal for puggers anyway is getting lifted (cross realm gets lifted eventually for awhile now and usually there aren’t enough puggers who can do it until a few months in anyhow, but it stays impractical for 99% of puggers due to raidlocks.)

I don’t know why my guild raids.

We all have better gear from M+ than what drops in the raid.

But we do it anyway, every season.

3 Likes