Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

Yes, I have. I bet you personally could go into blind with just the basic must know mechanics and learn it on the fly.

Spoken like someone who hasn’t seen a mythic boss outside of a transmog run in a very long time if ever.

I did say I play casually. I still learn everything as I see it and adapt. I assume since you actually do content, and this is just an assumption, that that should make you even better able to learn things the same way.

Spoken like someone who never seen a 5 min buff spam over 40 people for a Leget Rag kill OG
 This game rewards all you people with legendarys, Purples, blues!! ever second
 It took me 3 months to get my dugneon set epic Fearlhart gloves 
 from my widheart set

I’ve healed mythic+ pugs all of DF.

It’s still face roll.

1 Like

I’d rather raids and keys have similar difficulty to reward ratios is all.

DF season 1 launched with probably the best one in that regard, but mythic+ tears drown the forums until Blizzard clobbered the dungeons with nerfs.

Valor was capped. Harder raid bosses gave better gear than easier raid bosses. A 20 was needed for max gear.

8 week catalyst and collection rate of concentrated primal focus weren’t great though for keeping parity.

I still have no idea why you bring raid logging into this. Raid logging is dead as long as mythic+ exists and I don’t want to raid log I enjoy mythic+. But you always put that line in there when it makes no sense.

WoW is about character progression through gear. M+ Gearing allows character progression pretty much at all times. If M+ gear didnt allow gear progression comparable to raiding, you would see M+ participation nose dive.

Then you would be where we were in Cata, Mop, WoD. You hit max level. Then you raid log. Once you have ran the raid at the difficulty you want, then log off till next week. Character gearing slows down. Players leave.

M+ and M+ gearing has, without question, been the best thing added to the game to increase gameplay and longevity.

The problem is you’re not adding content you’re just moving people attention from raids to M+ like stats have pretty much showed as the game hasn’t grown.

If there was no M+ you would have to do normal and heroic raid for longer.

With M+ you skip most of that and gotta choose if you want to push mythic or not as you’re done so quick. In a couple clears I’m already done with heroic raiding in less than a month except the last boss for the legendary.

Raiding not giving gear is one of the many things that ruined raiding.

Or rather, raiding itself ruined raiding. Too much time spent on just assembling group compared to m+. And for what? Bosses that might as well have been 5 man if not for having to turn the boss back and forth between two players.

If they implement vendors that give best items, I bet that will kill m+.

People can level to max, and then quit I guess.

M+ is just too profitable, spam it for a couple weeks skip most of the gear progression.
Even with a vendor raiding would need to start at minimum drop double the loot to start competing with M+ gearing speed.

I mean just straight up vendors for gear (like on ptr/ beta where they give out gear for gold.)

The gearing process sucks, and once people have gear, most people stop.

ah lol. Yea that would be extreme xd

As it stands, for people farming trinkets or weapons, I’m sure they didn’t enjoy running X dungeon for and over again. So, what if people just had gear without effort, then the fun can just begin? Or would people move on to another game because 'there is nothing to do?"

In the past, I did suggest tier sets should be craftable upon tier release. (Like with professions.) Week 1 catalyst moves in that direction.

Probably yes, most of the semi-casual content is gearing up. You’d get maybe 1 week of people playing if gear was obsolete.

The early level of catalyst is to help raiders toward tier sets rng early on, you do not really get that much more charges in the first months, you just get them more early.

thought original catalyst took 2 months and 2 weeks for 4set whereas new catalyst takes a month?

You get one charge each 2 weeks instead of getting one every week after a month.

so one month vs one month 2 weeks.

(3 pieces + mark of mastery.)

Yea you pretty much only need to do drop 2 pieces in the 2 first weeks to be able to get 4p. And if you don’t and only got 1 the 3rd week will get you. That’s the really big advantage from that change.

Probably to clarify a bit.
2 months = 4p in both case

Nope. /10char