Has Blizz even addressed AV yet?

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Alliance in general don’t PvP. Alliance have a very small pool of people that do. So it’s easy for them to get into the same BG. Horde has more than twice the PvPers. Making it literally impossible to do the same. Educate yourself before you make yourself look like an idiot like right now.

Horde typically end up with at least one person generally leading the AV and we do our best with it.

Sure sometimes only 10-15 people actually listen Alfa the time while the rest mindlessly rush toward the alliance, but that’s enough to do some serious objectives damage.

You don’t need 40 people to listen to a leader, just a handful, while the rest are defending / attacking in mindless waves.

Heck there was a post a week or so ago about. 5 man alliance team that got a decent winrate out of AV with just 5 Manning stuff and trying to lead the AV., He had around a 50% winrate when people listened if I remember correctly, but overall he was at about 12% winrate because of the times people didn’t listen.

1 Like

Right but that’s much different than getting people to not send the druids. Even if you have half the BG listening to you that’s still 20 people who see the shiny druids ready to go and away they go!

Better to assign someone to hold them until you are ready to push with them. Holding the druids is a feature that enables wins if you have a good group to take advantage of the timing.

hey look another person who is too dumb to admit that this is completely due to the map, and doesn’t understand how bad the map is caused the other issues… making things up and trying to rewrite history.

No where in his post did he mention anything about people not listening or having a 50% winrate… you might wanna take the second to search for your post you are referencing before just making things up about it because like you said it wast too long ago and its really easy to find.

So since you have soo much “wisdom” i will ask you how do we win more games if the horde choose to defend?

What is you master strategy to break an IBGY defense, when horde reinforce 3x faster at that GY than alliance do?

4 Likes

Maybe if you didn’t start every one of your posts calling people dumb, more people might listen to you. As it is you kind of seem like hot garbage.

4 Likes

Maybe August 2021.

1 Like

And maybe if you didn’t start every one of your posts with the idea that alliance need to git gud…

I wouldn’t call someone hot garbage knowing that logs are public info.

Also I’m Alliance, so they can’t be trash.

Still waiting to hear how Alliance beat an IBGY def considering that its is a choke that CANNOT be bypassed and that the horde reinforce that GY 3x as fast as the alliance while it is contested?

oh and if they just “run past” then they have to survive 5 mins with even Worse reinforcements since alliance spawn all the way back at SH AT BEST.

Edit, I don’t call everyone dumb… just people who deny facts to spout nonsense that has been disproven countless times and refuse to learn.

4 Likes

There are horde who straight up seem to not understand the difference between a soft and hard cap.

Myth busted, horde are better at pvp than alliance…

I’m alliance, so horde can’t be better at PvP than Alliance.

Cauchy, I agree with you. The Alliance plays like crap. They never prioritize objectives and strategy over farming rep. This is in part because of the difference in communities. The alliance seems to be filled with more pve/rep focused RPers while the horde seem to like pvp more.

That being said, there are a small number of imbalances in AV when combined with the perception of the racials being better and the perception of horde favoritism that has created a weird hole that will not be fixed without blizzard making it a priority to deal with. This will never happen.

Two things need to happen to start a change. Both of these things need to be publicly talked about by blizzard.

1. The 20 rezes vs 10 rezes needs to be balanced. Either both factions get 10 or they get 20.
  2. Cross region battlegrounds need to go away. Any server that does not have enough people to create a living world needs to be merged with other servers until they do.

The Alliance has given up, and unfortunately, that will not change without help from blizzard, whether we like it or not.

That’s what gets me.

This info is common, how do people sit here and not see a glaring issue with the rez points and say there is no imbalance??

Hmm 1 faction gets a Rez of 20 LITERALLY 20 seconds away from the first Alliance objective.

The Alliance Rez 10 at a time LITERALLY 50 seconds away…

So who’s going to keep or retake that objective??

The army that gets DOUBLE the troops at over DOUBLE the speed or the other army who gets half the troops at over half the speed???

Real hard maths here guis.

4 Likes

Oh no, not my pve parses in my pvp spec, anything but that!

1 Like

Why anyone would try to teach you how to play the game at this point is beyond me seeing as how no matter what we say, with you always it can’t be done.

Look, you have a valid point. The problem is that fixing the cave respawn isn’t going to change much. We still have to get players past the chokepoint at IWB, which is being set up before we even reach IBGY. Softcap IBGY, die and rez north of IWB. You’re making it sound like IBGY is a massive 40v40 brawl, but most our poverty mounts didn’t even make it past SH. The chokepoint is a much bigger obstacle to overcome than the rez wave at IBGY.

Once the horde cave is moved, the respawn at IBGY is fixed and so is the ease of setting up a choke that absolutely shuts alliance down in almost every game.

Not a single person on these forums has given the solution to this problem.

So either you figure a way out how to solve that problem, or stop talking like this is not a problem with the map.

I am open to being wrong and have admitted as much many times on these forums, the problem is you have to actually show that you are correct, and not a single person claiming the map is balanced has presented a single shred of actual evidence to show that the map is not the problem.

The IB choke is still a problem in retail and Blizzard’s response to feedback about it was to raise SHGY, something nobody suggested. Still smh on that one. I don’t have much faith that IB choke will ever change as far as the layout.

I mean a choke is always gonna be a problem but that is the point of a choke, but when you combine it with the cave location and the double rez at the cave that problem just becomes near insurmountable if the Horde capitalize on it.

So either these people claiming the map is fine need to figure out a way to defeat a defense at that choke…
OR
admit that if the alliance wanna win it is only gonna happen if the Horde decide not to defend, meaning the Horde have to choose to let the alliance have a chance…

IF they can legit manage the first one, I have no problem admitting I am wrong and apologizing, I just do not see that happening.

The IB choke isn’t the problem now, the IWB choke is what’s shutting alliance down. Once the cave is moved, it wouldn’t surprise me if horde just set their choke up at IB instead of IWB because classic horde seem to want to play the game that shuts alliance out.

But the current problem isn’t horde shutting alliance down at IB. They’re shutting us down on our own side of the map because they get that 20 second head start.