Has anyone actually changed their mind about RDF?

absolutely not. we have all hardened and ossified our positions. we are dug in deep. there can be no compromise.

Yeah I would agree with you on that the thing is even if they did Someone or some other people would argue well this could have easily been altered or something like that at the end of the day blizzard is going to do what they are going To do.

The biggest problem is there financially and synthesized not to put in RFD because people paying for server transfers and boosts.

And they make a lot of money from those people boosting and bots I don’t care what they say I still say that’s the reason they’re not giving it to us because they make way more money if it’s not.

2 Likes

Honestly, they likely will just put it in later and say how they listened and how good they are, so praise them.

And people will.

3 Likes

My opinion was the removal was fine if Blizzard actually did something about dead servers and implemented the tool from Retail instead of the worthless TBC one they wasted dev time on. My opinion after seeing the kinds of people who want LFD included is that they should stick to their guns, even if they fail to properly address other issues.

If it keeps the trolls on their dead private servers, I’m all for removing it.

I don’t really get how people claim to want to remove RDF for being antisocial, and then advocate for a tool that is technically just as bad.

Not saying you have that mindset, but a lot of people do.

This is only true if the selection process for WHO responds to the poll isn’t subject to bias. With community polls they VERY much are. If we to randomly distribute 1000 surveys to wow players, then sure I would believe it. But since responding to polls is optional, you already have generated a bias in your sample.

But, imho, there are ways to find a “middle” ground.

Biggest issue some may have with RDF Is it being 24/7 farmable & bonus rewards that may make some feel obligated to do it. So, he middle ground could be removing the bonus loot and introducing heroic lockout system to RDF.

Like, do heroic Utgarde via RDF - you get lockout for 24h and you can’t do it in group, nor via RDF until next day reset.

With the numbers we’ve pulled from multiple sources, even with biases (and some areas were generally biased towards anti-rdf people, like certain youtubers who are anti-rdf but their polls were still pro-rdf) I honestly find that the polls are probably pretty accurate.

Realm-locked LFD, which allows them to remove the teleport if they feel that’s also needed.

Sure, remove the two extra low level badges.

Probably fine as well, most normal people wouldn’t hit that point anyway.

Its worked well for Ion.

Look! he put this in! all you haters, what ya got to say now?

Umm…beta testers told this this wasn’t floating in beta. they put in a beta tester recommendation at 9.2. It should have been there 9.0.

“We can pull the rip-cord”
“There is no rip-cord”
“Look, we pulled the rip-cord”

Like I said, I don’t doubt that pro-LFD IS the majority. But I think the bias’ on what has been collected make them inconclusive. Yes, they are all showing pro-LFD support for a reason, but we can’t project that over the whole player base just yet.

I mean, the mentality is there in classic already.
Want xp? Buy boost.
Want ez gold/gear? Gdkp.

People will take the path of least resistance, and leave if not given it. Forcing people to “socialize” isn’t going to do anyone any favors. Wotlk with no RDF will just wind up being tbcc 2.0 after 2 months with nothing but WTS boost and gdkp spam.

What would it require?

We already have pre announcement poll showing pro-rdf (no reason for a pro-rdf person to go seeking a poll pre announcement, as we all expected RDF to be in wrath)
We have anti-rdf biased youtubers with pro-rdf polls
we have historically anti-rdf sites with pro-rdf polls

I feel like nothing would please you.

Only a Blizzard conducted survey on a random 1000 sample size that has been vetted for duplicate accounts (though I think duplicate accounts probably make up such a small portion of the total population that it is negligible). Results would need to be published too.

That’ll never happen, they’ve never published the results of their polls.

Aside from silly crap like “what free mount do you want”

Funniest part being, that a lot of this mindset came from those private servers where gold selling was “hated” but constantly done.

Exactly, which is why their lack of transparency often leads them to terrible decisions >.>

If they just took the stance of announcing things as “Hey guys, we have seen a lot of support for X in the game. We are thinking of doing Y” instead of “We are introducing Z for reasons unknown” we would be moving towards a better place.

But what can you do with CM’s that just get roasted all day in forums. I wouldn’t want to engage with us after looking how we treat them day to day. Not to say that some of the hate isn’t warranted, but really just building transparency = good consumer relations.