Has anyone actually changed their mind about RDF?

I was there and saw how it was the first time, when LFD wasn’t as needed as it already is now. People blaming LFD for the state of retail are simply wrong - it’s been deteriorating for over a decade because of Blizzard’s decisions. It took years to be considered bad.

I’m not sure why you’re responding to me in this manner, since your initial reply is the logic of anti-LFD posters who will never change their mind.

2 Likes

What? The vast majority of players supporting Classic prior to it even launching wanted no changes. That includes later expansions.

The people who wanted to gatekeep and make their game wanted it from the start, too. And they weren’t catered to until much later.

2 Likes

I would argue that not many more would leave even if LFD isn’t included in the game. Wotlk’s staying power isn’t in the LFD system. It’s in it’s raids/story/PvP content.

So given Blizzards ‘decision’ regarding LFD, we would need a more substantial argument to overturn their decision. “No changes” was originally the guideline, and while I don’t believe “No changes” was wrong, I do see how degenerate player behavior has taken advantage of the situation and deteriorated the experience. Regardless, Blizzard believe this to be a ‘Healthy’ change for classic WotLK. It falls on us to convince them otherwise, or offer an alternate solution that achieves our goals while supporting their ideals.

As much as I believe this, it’s one of things we don’t have any metrics on. Majority is a completely speculative term without data and therefore a useless phrase on these forums.

1 Like

I mean, via poll data the majority is definitely not in favor of removing LFD.

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to play Wrath either way, I don’t have a horse in this race.

But it makes me chuckle that almost all the people that wanted to turn classic/TBC into wrath (and there were a LOT of people suggesting wrath changes to these expansions) now are seeing the problem with a some-changes Wrath… Couldn’t have happened to nicer people!

That being said, they should just add the full feature in the ICC phase.

If I think something’s wrong and something is going to make the game worse I’m going to say something about it And I’ll repost and keep arguing it as much as I possibly can.

It’s the point I was trying to make I’m not going to stay silent on something that I think could make the game better and especially when yeah I was there too I’ve been playing the game since 2004.

And the truth is we don’t play the game the same way and yeah you are right people may never change their minds that’s probably true however that doesn’t mean that I’m going to stay quiet.

Because even if those people don’t if there’s enough of an outcry make I’m an outcry maybe just maybe blizzard will do something you can call that hoping or false hope sure but I would rather talk than stay silent because they don’t say anything than nothing will change.

If or a better way to say it is this I would rather complain about something that’s bad because at least I know I did something than be upset about something that’s bad and do nothing about it

[/quote]
What? The vast majority of players supporting Classic prior to it even launching wanted no changes. That includes later expansions.

The people who wanted to gatekeep and make their game wanted it from the start, too. And they weren’t catered to until much later.
[/quote]

If this were still 2019 I would agree with you however even most of us can look back at classic and say yeah phase one was completely fine with no changes.

But after the disaster that was faced too especially if you were on APVP realm and the bad effect it’s had even now on the game as a whole I’m pretty sure people looking back what have said yeah probably good for people to make some changes.

Just like anything people forget and people remember And people are kind of realizing We don’t play the game the way we did in 2004 the truth is we killed classic we killed it with mid maxim we killed it with the robe buff Meadow and we killed it with Is logs in parses.

People don’t socialize in dungeons anymore because there’s no reason to back in the day it would be a question if we clear it not how fast that’s we’re just way better players now plain and simple.

And just like the game is changed over the years well we’ve changed it the past 2 years as well and blizzard has missed that.

Sure there has been some changes to tbc but I would make an argument If that not enough was changed And some of the changes that they did make were a mistake like like I still to this very day don’t get why they change the blacksmithing hammer so where they did it was just a bad idea.

And I still say we should have had dual speck But my point is we’re different people than we were back in 2019 plain and simple

The only thing that’s changed in my mind, is that some people don’t actually like the teleport. But if they did my preferred implementation of realm-locked LFD, it could be removed without issue.

How would that even work?

“Go to Gul’drak”

Oh, i don’t want gul’drak, i’m leaving.

Part of the who RDF thing is since it teleports you there you might as well do it, because you’re there already.

1 Like

Deserter debuff.

JFC this is like the epitome of “I’m a lazy player who can’t be bothered”.

I agree that I ‘think’ pro-LFD is the majority. But no poll even samples a fraction of the total player base. Polls are also generally have a community bias, account/vote duping along with several other problems that kind of invalidate them if they aren’t controlled properly nor sample the ENTIRE player base.

Therefore a ‘majority’ based on polls is completely redundant because there could EASILY be thousands of people that are of the complete opposite mindset and have their own reasons for not responding to the polls. While ‘unlikely’ in this case, as something of a scientist myself I see these polls as inconclusive.

1 Like

When has that stopped anyone.

I mean, I don’t leave dungeons personally. But it just seems silly to lose the teleport. I’ve seen like 2 people argue against it.

Most people don’t like the xrealm if they don’t like a part of RDF.

The teleport is the only thing I’ve seen significantly argued against, besides cross-realm. And the teleport is only necessary because of cross-realm.

As always I can only speak for myself: I will not quit in Wrath if RDF isn’t put in. But if it’s still not there in Cata, I probably wont keep playing. I can see many people feeling the same way.

That’s one reason why I wish that Blizzard would just send out a poll to everyone that actively plays Classic and asked what they want. And then publicly share the results. I would yield if it actually does show that the vast majority do NOT want RDF.

4 Likes

For one thing

You don’t need more than 1000 people to get a good margin of error, this is statistics and sample sizes, it’s science.

and another

If it were one or two polls sure, but it’s multiple polls, from all over, both before and after the announcement, they all say the same thing.

1 Like

It’s statistics, which is a humanities discipline. :rofl:

Don’t know what kind of Jank place you went to, but Statistics is mathematical science

1000 people of a 100,000+ is a pitiful 1% of the player base. The margin of error is MASSIVE. 10,000 would be decent, but still the margins of error would be patheticly large. A 50% sample MINIMUM would let give you a level of confidence that at least removes many of the bias’ around polls.

This is why I believe pro-LFD IS the majority. But you can’t quantify how much, there are also bias’ that would need to be taken into account (is just the same pool of people who actually bother responding to each of the polls? or is it different people? you can’t tell).

You have no idea how sample sizes work do you?

You use 10% of the population, but not exceeding 1000, as anything over 1000 doesn’t provide enough change to warrant the extra work (or cost if it’s like, a poll you send out and pay people to process)

A poll of 1000 americans gives a margin of error of 3% for ALL of the population of 260 million.

3 Likes

i promise you if 90pc had voted to keep it in , blizzard still remove it just to get revenue from lvl boosts and xfers,its a play to win game at this point. take a good look on the insane amount of gold bids on TBC runs now. my sub end in 6 days. it wont be renewed until RDF is back in wrath.

2 Likes