Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Not me.
It is a policy, a decision of a player who tells me how he is and how he behaves when he plays in a community in an MMORPG: just thinking about him, taking advantage.
Then the attitude is selfish and capricious: “I want to have it and I want to have it NOW”.
Because that trinket will serve for 1 hour once the M0 & Raid starts and the drops are for higher and better items.
That player is the one that the majority of the community does not want to have in their party.

This makes 100% more sense…which is why it will never be done.

2 Likes

Or they could even move all loot to last boss like Mythic?

2 Likes

I’d be fine with them just making the game a treasure room at the end, similar to delves.

2 Likes

It’s so fun getting multiple boxes to open at the end of the delve.

My point about gear being easier to obtain would result in a net loss for Blizzard stands here. Easier gear equates to less farming equates to less time spent playing. With the insane amount of time we have between content you can already gear up your characters and get the gear you want. Between endlessly being able to farm keys, the vault, and 2nd best in slot items being pretty damn close to as good as their BIS counterparts I see no reason why Blizzard would want to make getting gear easier than it already is. If we are advocating taking things from FF14 just because they have it and we don’t, I’d fight for housing before guaranteed gear. But that would just be my opinion.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on guaranteed gear after x attempts because I personally can’t see why it would ever be a thing here.

Happens to me several times a week, but sure. I have an army of alts to level, I can just switch, no sweat off my back. But too bad for those who don’t have another character they can switch to. Sucks to suck I guess.

We had a solution, way back in Cataclysm/MoP: Justice and Valor points. A similar system could be implemented, to let people buy pieces of dungeon gear off an NPC after they’ve accumulated enough currency by running dungeons.

What’s better: running any ~10 dungeons and buying the weapon/trinket/jewelry/piece of armor you want, or running the same dungeon dozens of times in the hopes of getting the same item?

Not always, but again, if people leaving ques impacts them so negatively they are also free to make a 5 man, and avoid the que <3

Notice that their issue is solved by the same advice you tell others? Krazy right?

well obvi the first instead of teh latter, but wow wants you to refarm the SAME drop numerous times instead of developing lasting content. Helps boost the metrics the devs show off at shareholder meetings

Why? Because how they play inconveniences you? Because they choose to only play the parts of the game that has gains for them? Isn’t THAT what Blizzard should fix? You want the symptom to be fixed, why not ask Blizzard to fix the problem which is zero reasons for players to stick around past that boss?

Simplest solution i can think of like m+ just have a loot chest at the end of it.

That being said 18 hours of farming the plate gloves off that boss and completing the dungeon each time… each run… the boss only dropped valorstones each time i stayed in group… next run all i had to look forward to was valor stones… screwing over a group is not something i like to do… but 18 hours in the same dungeon, i get why people are farming that way…

1 Like

I understand why they are doing it as well. Currently leaving is the most optimal method for farming. Which is why the leavers penalty is a good idea, it makes staying the more optimal method of farming for a single character. Without that time incentive to leave then I do believe leaving will go down a fair bit. Some may just choose to level alts, but a lot are just leaving because it is optimal for their character.

The problem is for when a tank/healer queue together and then drop after first boss… I had this happen to me and we sat and waited for over 20 min just waiting for another tank & healer to join. That is why it is such an issue.

2 Likes

people wouldnt do this if the game respected their time, after running a whole dungeon 35 times and not seeing what you need i really cant blame them

Blizz should just do what Mythic + does, give loot AFTER defeating the last boss.

1 Like

That’s a crazy take, 90% of that post is me being sorry for them and offering to help, but because im glad the jerk had a consequence where they couldn’t just instantly be a jerk to someone else that reads as “i dont care” to you?

How bad faith can you get? Damn. SMH

This isn’t even possible. When this happens you are moved to the front of the entire Queue system, so you’re trying to convince us that no tanks or healers queued for over 20 min?

EDIT
and of course, posting on a sockpuppet with 1 post lol… ok you got me

The cascading effect is also bad. I’ve seen a ton of people leave because they were filling a half cleared dungeon.

Is the debuff there now?