Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

In fact, The accumulation system would have less of those issues you proposed than you would think.

Why? well because of the following reasons:

1. Lots of people gear out multiple characters.
  2. Making gear easier to obtain using a accumulation system allows for a less toxic environment where people will be fine with running the same dungeon over again to assist those that haven’t gotten gear. (most people don’t want to re-run dungeons due to burnout).
  3. This has proven to work already. Use FF14 as an example. Their dungeon system uses the “allagan poetic”(This name can change based on the expac you’re in) currency as that accumulation system to allow players to gear up on top of dungeon drops.
1 Like

False.

What it does is, have the player log out and do the same thing on alts until the debuff clears then repeat until they get said drop.

If you think people are just parking in the city pouting about a debuff after seeing post of people who level 50 alts during remix and pre-patch you are not seeing the whole picture.

This is why, while Kaviax knee jerk replied with “a fix is in the works,” no actual fix is coming because they would have to penalize the account, not the character, and then it becomes all about preventing abuse of the kick… and just like they said a “fix was in the works” for M+ leavers in S3 of Dragonflight… where is that? NEVER HAPPENED.

1 Like

Some do that but we are talking about numbers here. It will disincentivize some people which lowers the amount that leave. Yes, some may choose the alt method, but some really want to gear up specific characters, and making the most optimal way to play as staying in the dungeon is a good change.

I do believe we will see the overall percentage of leavers decrease pretty drastically now that finishing a dungeon is the more optimal route for gearing a specific character.

The real impact won’t be seen until pre-season 1 of midnight. Once TWW S1 opens, anyone that serious won’t be farming heroics anyway.

1 Like

Which is fine. Even if this only really impacts the start of an expansion it is still a good change.

Has this system been implemented yet?

Edit- apparently they just have soon as to that change.

Well hopefully it can be implemented for midnight

It wasn’t yesterday

What about adding some sort of rep to dungeon finder? If you leave early you lose it, if you get high in it maybe you unlock some cosmetic. If you don’t use LFD, there’s no negative. Could also apply to M+ so you could see the rate people rage quit. Just incase there is some negative ripple I’m not seeing with not being able to complete the run, add an option where everyone votes if the run isn’t able to be completed. If it passes, no negative impact to rep. I’m just a tuba player tho

1 Like

Is it possible that was what maintenance was for today?

As a tip on your future dungeon design, put the most powerful item loot on the Final Boss… not on the first Boss. That’s basic.

But on Raid, pls have the first 3 Bosses drop a cool Range Weapon… for me. ROFL.

Thank you.

Sure there is, it forces people to grind LFD for the cosmetics!

Plus, how would you handle getting kicked? Loss of rep? No loss? Both are open to abuse.

1 Like

Honestly I doubt it, I assume today’s maintenance is more about bug fixing.

This won’t even matter in 4 days

2 Likes

A bunch of crybabies were celebrating this feature in a dungeon yesterday. I told them if I had a bad group I would just get myself kicked to avoid the debuff. The crybabies immediately kicked me for saying it and I can confirm I did not get a deserter debuff and as a healer I immediately requeued into a better group with no crybabies.

1 Like

Oh, I’d assume that the main point would be that as well, my hope is that they would add the leavers penalty as well.

An easier fix would have been to just up the drop rate in heroic dungeons while also bringing the sacbrood in line with other trinkets ( nerf it or buff other options )

If the sacbrood dropped even 1/5 th as much as the Remnant of Darkness trinket from Darkflame Cleft this wouldnt be an issue tbh. I swear there are multiple Remnant trinket drops each time I run through there, and it’s a pretty bad trinket.

To be fair, if they had released m0’s/raids earlier this probably wouldn’t bad a much of an issue too. There isnt much to do this week and last week other than farm pre raid bis junk that will be replaced once m0/raids open, and because the trinket is really strong for multiple specs/classes that is what people will be doing till they can get higher ilvl things.

It would be a good fix for midnight and the last titan though

True, but cosmetics are not tied to power level.

Ah, you’re totally right. If there’s no rep loss for being kicked, I just be an a$$ until you kick me.

1 Like

Moving dungeon loot to the last boss just like M+ is definitely the best solution imo.

1 Like