Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Please think how your mothers thought:

• Whoever eats all the peas has an extra prize at the end of the meal (you reduce the prize you usually offer to 50% of its real value, be it gold or xp and that’s the “extra prize”)
  • Whoever gets up from the table and does not eat the peas, receives nothing. And if he had received something, it was taken away.
  • Those who vote kick the person who is eating peas from the table receive nothing.

Mom was right.
Always.
And if you think she was wrong, at least she made us all eat the peas and keep quiet.

this should be the GD motto

“i don’t care what happens, as long as somebody who isn’t me gets punished for something”

I want to bring up again what you said regarding heroic gear being replaced very quickly once m0 and m+ comes out. we can also look at this and say, why not give the players the ability the gear up easily? Its going to be replaced by m0 quickly anyways and they are limited to how much they can upgrade since crests are limited.

Gearing up for new content at the start of an expansion shouldn’t feel like a chore. I’m fine with farming m+ or raids multiple times because you have the vault and power progression takes time as they should. But the pre-season period is basically a pre-expansion period where it should be a time period where players should be able to gear out and be ready for the new content.

1 Like

I also am bad at dragonriding lol. I got pathfinder immediately in this xpac so I can forget about “skyriding” and just use my regular flying. Skyriding is way too hard on my wrist.

2 Likes

Gearing up is easy right now getting exactly what a specific player wants may not be… Most, if not all of my pieces I’ve gotten by just crest capping, crafting, and maybe helping a few friends with tank queues. I feel I’ll have almost zero issues doing a 0, then advancing keys until my group hits a wall and has to hard farm a specific key level for more gear. By then, most of my heroic dungeon gear will be gone and long forgotten.

If you’re advocating for a vendor that just lets you buy the specific dungeon pieces you want for say 1g a piece (aka being free) because “why not, it doesn’t matter and will be replaced anyway”, then idk how to respond to that. On one hand I wouldn’t care because gear is stupid easy to get as is right now (in general, not specific gear). But on the other hand that sounds so silly I just can’t picture it being a thing.

when dps sucks but i normally just go AFK or just stand there like the other people looking at my phone. With the occasional blast here and there just to make it look like im trying, and guess what, if they kick you no deserter debuff.

nah, definitely not advocating for a vendor to sell the gear for 1g each. I’d much prefer a accumulation mechanic or of some sort. Whether it be something like a mechanic that makes you more likely to drop loot for each dungeon you haven’t dropped loot or something like dropping a token and you can buy from a vendor a specific piece for x amount of those tokens.

1 Like

Sure. But again, I can’t see why Blizzard would ever put in something like that when us chasing gear is one of the things that keeps people playing and if we are playing, we’re paying. I don’t have an issue with people who target farm gear because they want it. I just take issue when people decide to hinder others because of their selfishness in leaving dungeons simply because “well, I can’t benefit from being here anymore, screw everyone else”.

1 Like

Don’t heroics give a vault spot now? Or maybe I made that up?

I agree, people shouldn’t be ruining other people’s experience. But the whole thing circles back to how specific loot will not drop even after 40, 50, or 60 runs. You can see how this will push people to leave after the boss they need is killed right? Putting in a deserter is a temporary fix to a problem that can be solved by implementing a accumulation system at the start of a expac. They dont need to retain players before the season starts. They’ve already gotten the money since they run on a sub system. Once S1 releases, people will come back since new content.

1 Like

If they do, im not aware of it. But great vault doesn’t become active until S1 starts which is when m0 is released. We are specifically discussing the leave issue happening before S1 release.

Fair, but in that case your statement about m+ having more of a reason to complete is also irrelevant.

Regardless, it’s already been covered that this issue pretty much goes away once the season opens and people can farm stuff at better levels. Changing the deserter or moving the loot to the end only makes things more annoying for people who leave for other reasons in the future.

1 Like

Yes, this is correct. My initial point was that for those that want to farm specific pieces, blizzard should address the issue of drops instead of applying an annoying change of deserter buff or moving loot to end boss.

The players that leave are still being selfish. They are prioritizing their gearing over everyone else. The people that waited 5 to 10 minutes possibly hoping for that very item then get a dungeon that says that the boss is already dead. Yes, they can choose to decline, but then they are pushed back to waiting another 5-10. All because someone couldn’t take 5 more minutes to finish the dungeon.

The 30 min leaver penalty is fine, it takes longer than what completing the dungeon would take, which incentivizes staying.

Yes, some people will still do it, but it will help the amount of people doing it in the long run.

2 Likes

If everyone gears up super fast by this system you run into longer queue times for people who won’t have as much time to play as others. Or for people who play off “normal shift” hours. I hate to use the word normal here but I’m using it to describe weekday afternoons, weekends, etc. This will negatively impact their ability to gear up. Do those people get to use less of said currency to buy their gear? What about them?

Deserter doesn’t have to be a temp fix. It can be a long term fix. We can even improve on it and make it so if you keep doing it eventually you’ll just have a 3 day long deserter.

I have a better solution. Have only the final boss contain any loot and have only 1-2 pieces drop from the boss for each person. Keeps people in the dungeon and awards them gear every time.

Make the debuff increase so that people who bail often cannot requeue for a day or longer. (Have it be 10 minutes, 2 hours, 24 hours, 5 days, etc)

1 Like

People who need to leave for legitimate reasons shouldn’t really be affected by the 30 min leavers penalty. It’s not like legitimate reasons that take less than 30 min happen all the time.

What the 30 min does do, is it disincentivizes people from using it as a legitimate strategy to farm gear. It makes completing the dungeon the faster option, which does help with the overall number of leavers. I remember shadowlands also having this issue, so I’m glad they are putting in a leavers penalty that isn’t too harsh for legitimate reasons but does make staying the most optimal method of farming.

It would be quite the oversight to miss when implementing something as impactful as the Deserter Debuff and it effects Follower Dungeons.

It’s still a terrible strategy to farm low RNG drops. Blizz opening the season earlier would be a better disincentive.

1 Like