Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Imho this is why it shouldn’t flag right away only if done 2+ times within 24 hours. That way people can leave for legit emergency or get kicked and not be punished. Only people attempting to leave over and over areml

2 Likes

I agree with the 30 minutes. It puts the group and the person replacing at a disadvantage. But now you run into the issue of people logging out on purpose. They need to crack down more I believe against deserters as this happened alot last season in Mythics, causing ppl to lose keys.

I still think that’s a lot of exaggeration… considering that groups fill up almost instantly.
So what’s the problem?
If player X leaves… you can just find another player.
Player Z who got the announcement that he can go to a dungeon which has a defeated boss, can clearly see the sign that says “1/3” “1/4” “2/4” of defeated bosses and can choose whether to go or not.
In case he makes a mistake, he would just need to leave and sign in again, however there are other people who stay because either way or not, it will give them loot or “valor”

I don’t see any problem really.
The only problem would be if the LFG queues were extremely long, making players who are left without a tank or healer have to wait more than 10 minutes, then the complaint is obvious.
However, since that is not the case, it makes no sense.
Also, don’t worry, next week we will be doing other activities even though that would mean that the amount of players who sign up for LFG would be reduced.
Things will get even worse… in 2 weeks, as far as finding more people for LFG is concerned.

In fairness why would I want to do heroics after mythic plus opens, regardless of any changes? Once mythic plus opens I have zero total reasons to ever enter a heroic on any character

So the noobs can gear

I don’t see a problem with people leaving after the first boss or the second boss or whatever… why do you feel like you need people to stay who otherwise has no motive to stay (no preraid gear for them)

They don’t play for you…

Did you ignore the entire thread?

Or, here’s an alternative. Form a group within your guild? Y’all sound like you’ve never played Classic and are use to getting everything you want by pouting.

interesting mog, also most if not all changes to the game came from pouting.

If you leave for an emergency… clearly you aren’t going to Q back within at least 30 minutes right ? The deserter debuff will be gone by then, you can re-queue immediatly after dealing with your “emergency”

It’s a 1-4min wait to refill. They’re not taking your first born child from you.

Yes, this is silly and inane, but I want to point out how this change is a MASSIVE overreaction that will barely affect those that already farmed their trinketsl etc., but will now forever affect people dropping because of brief but important real-life distractions, or because the group is toxic. Hostage situations will be more common: “Give me that item from the first boss or I won’t continue this dungeon and make you wait.” or other toxic things like getting kicked because they didn’t like your name.

1 Like

Don’t need to… just the op is everything else is irrelevant

Is this fix going live or did it already?

1. Now, for dps.
  2. if you inconvenience four people because you refuse to finish the thing you signed up for, then the problem isn’t with the other four people, but with you. Thus, you get to take the time-out.

Changes like this aren’t designed to punish previous offenders, but dissuade future offenders.

No one is saying that things don’t come up. If something is more important than the dungeon (this is a game, so that list is pretty long), then go do that thing.

But if something is more important than the time spent on the Heroic, then it’s more important than the penalty.

Also, you can mute chat. I do, works great.

Both of these are already the case, and are made no worse by the rule.

If someone is trying the hostage thing, just kick them.

If someone doesn’t like your name, they have always been able to kick you.

Your examples are, in fact, non-examples.

This thread honestly cracks me up. I find it fascinating that people think that they should be actively allowed to screw over a group of people in a thing they voluntarily signed up to do, without consequence.

In what realm of work or play, real or virtual, is that the case?

4 Likes

Did this change actually happen? Downed 1st boss, everyone left. Sitting as a healer in queue for replacements for over 3 mins so far. What gives?

It doesn’t matter because people are going to leave and just do something else until they can queue again.

They don’t care that Blizzard wants them to stay and they don’t have to care.

5 mins now. If I leave, will I get the deserter debuff? Legit in here now by myself. Tank and all 3 DPS left. This is lame.

1 Like

How dare you?

Seriously though I have no idea if it will give you a deserter or not in that situation.

I don’t want to, I want the gloves off last boss and the valor off last boss. I WANT to do the entire dungeon. Though it doesn’t seem to be refilling?

ETA: I did not get the debuff, still frustrated though I couldn’t finish the dungeon

2 Likes

Hey they might not have fixed the problem at all but at least we have longer deserters now, right?

Like breaking your toe so you don’t feel the pain of the hangnail on your index finger.

1 Like