Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Nerf it Blizzard. We know you like nerfing stuff and raining on people’s parades. Please of all the nerfs you’ll ever make do the right thing.

First heroic run of that dungeon and two people left after the first boss.

This is such an inconsiderate move. Especially to people who are also farming the trinket but are decent enough to not abandon the group. They get stuck replacing leavers after the boss they want has been downed. And I’m sure that eventually encourages more people to start doing the same.

I’m all for the freedom to do what you want, but you cross a line when your freedom inconveniences others.

1 Like

How? How does it hurt casuals more to have a penalty for dropping after a boss? Also, how are causals the issue. This is about players who do this, and players who don’t. The idea that casuals are in here makes no sense.

In order for this to hurt anyone more than single boss kill farmers you would need for them to drop more per run than single boss kill farmers. That is not happening. I would say when I am running a lot of dungeons I drop one run every 50 at worst. It just doesn’t’ happen in randoms very much because they are so easy and short.

Back up your claims with an argument. How could a person farming a boss and dropping over and over until they get there item be hurt less than someone just running super easy face roll runs?

Also

Stop being a troll. That is what you are doing if you are not being honest and straight forward with your opinions. Don’t change your ideas try to win an argument…have a straight forward one where you believe what you are saying.

1 Like

wow, people are so entilted. Referring to the person i replied to here!!

Can you just add the followers for heroics already please.

I cant believe people think its okay to use the group finder to farm a boss and just leave afterwards. Whats wrong with people who see nothing wrong with this.

1 Like

plenty of evidence go read the thread. its already been posted.

I can see one issue to this I was recently in a city where the trinket didn’t drop so the entire group left but me. With this new set up would I then get a 30 minute debuff for leaving an abandoned group?

2 Likes

Well supposedly it would instantly refill according to this thread so you are fine and everyone else would get screwed. Of course that whole idea likely wouldn’t happen if this was implemented so your scenario doesn’t really fit with reality.

edit: also sorry to belabor the point but…you just described a situation where the penalty hit 4 people correctly and one person accidentally. an 80% hit rate is pretty good for most regulations. I do think it would be better if it had a 1 free quit per day system account wide, but the idea that it will hit people playing normally more than people taking advantage doesn’t pass the smell test.

3 Likes

I don’t know - if the system is implemented with some notion of fairness, the debuff would be applied to the first group that dropped. Whether that’s an individual who queued, or the whole group if they applied together.

I think if your the last person, it’s a group disband, not a deserter as the instance doesn’t even exist anymore once you’ve left.

I’m not sure. But omg 4/5 is insane.

1 Like

What about whats worse than a person that leaves a heroic dungeon which are those that leave keys after one pull, wipe, or anything of the like? This changes is a bit backwards. “We are going to punish you for leaving a heroic dungeon, but you can do the same thing in mythic plus over and over and over (to the 100th exponent) and you wont ever be punished.” What message does that send? You punish the ultra casual players but not the hardcore or elite?

This sounds eerily similar to a company i used to work for. They had a zero tolerance policy for smoking cigarettes or cigars which did get people fired BUT if you got caught with drug paraphernalia which is illegal in the state i worked in (often times smoking pot) they sent you to a class for a few days but you got to keep your job. I saw this enacted on people i worked with numerous times. Same concept.

They dont punish people for doing the action that would waste more time for the other members of the group but rather punish others that waste the least amount of time comparably. Im so confused :confused: We now live in the twilight zone…

Its just astounding how many people are complaining anout a 30 minute debuff but its just like last time so i guess im not that surprised. This will all blow over a year after the change goes live and no one will remember what it was like without it.

2 Likes

This can totally be coded in as well. If more than 3 leave give the option to disband. That is a reasonable idea.

I didn’t realize this was even a way to gear until I read this post. So I did it as well to target loot,first boss drops plate gloves perfect …. Spam it until I get it to drop. Only hit dungeon lockout once. Run in kill boss leave and queue again as tank instant queue until I get the piece of loot I wanted or needed. Some bosses were two bosses in which made it longer. Very efficient way to gear thanks for the tip

Got my toon fully geared using this method actually super efficient

1 Like

You should have been in my weekend dungs. Awful.

I disagree with it being BiS.

edit: Give me the Harvester’s Edict, Bursting Light Shard, The Empowering Crystal, or Remnant of Darkness over the Sacbrood.

Still seeing a lot of leavers despite the penalty.

I had 3 people leave in one dungeon last night. On average its 1-2 people.

Just put it in the end boss loot table. Same for that one trinket in the dawnbreaker. Continue monitoring what players deem as bis and rinse/repeat.

That’s because this is a poor (but permanent) solution to a minor (but also temporary) problem.

People aren’t just going to start staying in the runs because of a deserter debuff.

They’ll leave and go farm until the debuff clears or play another character.

Because it hurts the playing experience of others that are hopeful for a dungeon and gets loaded into a half completed one. Especially when the reason they got that dungeon was that they may have also needed the trinket on the first boss.

The best solution is just putting in a leavers penalty that takes more than the 6ish minutes it takes to finish the dungeon. This makes it better timewise to just complete the thing.

1 Like

Just move the trinket to the last boss. Simple. For that matter, always put the trinkets on the last boss.

1 Like

Sounds great. It really needs to be stacking exponentially, though. It would be great to see this in PvP too. And account wide because this sort of behaviour is not being curbed and Blizzard is technically responsible for it continuing since the players cannot really do anything about it.