Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Why do we care about the group after we leave? People are there for an item to make their character better. Every single group I was in, all left, then me. You’re not white knighting anything here.

1 Like

I agree.
It happened to me several times with my shaman.
And hey, I didn’t complain, in the end I got items or got valor, you win something at the end ^^

you underestimate how bad some players are. I’ve had groups wipe in normal

there’s no such thing as unable to beat the first boss on a heroic, if your group is that terrible then just commit to having bad luck.

i’ll just quote this

the avg player in the game is really bad

No, they don’t, however they do not make any given item and go “yeah, that’ll be the best in slot for x y and z specs”. No, the community does the math and figures it out, and often enough when they make a class change that bis can and has in the past, changed.

The sim community could pull a fast one and call a piece of junk bis and 90-95% of people would lap it up and believe it.

1 Like

You don’t. That’s the problem, and that’s why there needs to be a consequence for selfish behavior. Once it affects you directly (instead of just 5 strangers you don’t care about), maybe you won’t do it anymore.

4 Likes

That isn’t the full issue also, ironic you say there’s no waiting time until:

I guess you were the one making a “huge exaggeration” by saying there’s no waiting time, then waiving away 2 minutes like it’s nothing.

I don’t understand why you feel the need to inconvenience others by dropping group when the boss you are after doesn’t have the loot you want, and preventing other people from getting possible loot from the boss as well.

Especially when there is already a tool to fix it: Premade groups.

If you want to farm a single, or number of bosses: form a premade group.
If you just want transmogs off a single boss, use a follower dungeon if you don’t want to form a premade.

If you’re joining the LFG tool for a random PUG, the expectation is that you are there to finish the dungeon.

Translation: I want to let others get away with selfish behaviour, because letting them get away with their self-centered gameplay is ‘selfish’. Not their behaviour though because - that level of selfishness is accepted.

2 Likes

Leaving after a sacbrood attempt literally never made sense to begin with. It doesn’t clear the baseline 15 minute dungeon requeue timer if you leave, so you’re still there with almost half a deserter buff worth of timer before you can queue up to try again. You can literally finish the dungeon, get some valorstones and such, within that timer.

2 Likes

I’m talking about a huge waiting time.
Since this topic would make more sense if it took us 10-15 minutes to find people, I would support that, but since that’s not the case, I see it as an unnecessary complaint.

2 minutes is almost nothing, to find the players to replace those who left.
Or is it too difficult or impossible?

No, that doesn’t really happen.
As I said, you quickly find another player to take my place or to take the place of the one who left.
I say this because they also left the dungeon I needed and I just started searching again and voila I found the missing players.

As well as you can also use “Search for a new player” or “use the search again”

Not many use that tool.

That’s a solution for those looking for Xmog, which was a good move on Blizzard’s part.

Not really, the ones who write down are also players with different goals.
Also, as you mentioned before, if you want to finish your dungeon for that there is “form a premade group” to complete the whole dungeon.
Why imagine that you go with people in LFG who only care about lore or roleplaying, even if it takes a lot of time, would you want to stay there “wasting time”?

Those players you call “selfish” are also a group of players with different goals than yours.
You have to keep that in mind, just as you value the time of those who use LFG who are usually casual, you also have to respect players who also have another focus.
As I said, you are already exaggerating a lot when you have the tool to search for a new player that never fails!
On the other hand, creating a premade is difficult, because it is not very striking unless it is challenging content or legacy content.
We are all players, selfish in our own way because we are human.
So we just have to learn to deal with it and know how to handle it instead of complaining.
Especially when there is already a way to fix it that Blizzard provided us.
Also, I would be on your side if the following happened:

1 - The waiting time is very long, exceeding up to 10 minutes, either to find a dungeon or find a player.

2 - If leaving causes the entire dungeon group to automatically disband (if there is a system implemented in this way).

3 - If there is no tool to find new players (if there is one and you can see it using the I in the game or however you have it configured to open the LFG box).

I use it all the time to farm certain gear, I have no troubles finding like players. As long as you explain the expectations of the run, it fills up quickly. Stop relying on randoms to fit your goals.

1 Like

I said “not many” so congratulations on your luck.
Also, I’ve been through similar situations where my dungeon got abandoned and I’m not complaining, because it’s easily fixed bruh

Doesn’t matter if they incur harsher penalties. The problem is still there. The problem being RNG.

the real funny part is WHY farm a BiS item in a heroic… just wait for the real version to be available. People are so stuck on the “it’s my BiS” when most of them can’t even play the toon they selected for the “season”. They just pick what ever class is at or close to the top of some magical list put out by elitist and follow it no matter what!!

If they didn’t timegate stuff, we wouldn’t have that problem

1 Like

Eeeeh. I kinda get it. The heroic upgrade won’t be changing the upgrade track, just bumping it from 1/8 to 4/8 so it will be BIS outside of mythic and with M0s being daily locked it’s kind of the best you can get until you can farm keys so I can see how it’s pretty important to people wanting to hop into keys ASAP.

That said trinkets that are good for everyone like Sac have a habit of being nerfed. I hope it does. The tears will me. chefs kiss

stop trying to excuse peoples extreme selfishness with “trying to play a single player game” and conflate the two.

1 Like

Do what you do in Mythic Plus dungeons have the last boss drop all the loot forcing a full clear of the dungeon on all difficulties.

2 minutes is nothing, especially for everyone who can understand that not everything (aka “no waiting time”) is literal in conversation.

Could you provide me with a name to look up on warcraft logs or raider up, to put your money where your mouth is? Because the talking down to these people is insanely disrespectful imho.