Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

interesting assumption.

May = potential for abuse, not guaranteed. There may be a variety of reasons people leave - and a number of ways in which people will find to abuse the system.

Finish a dungeon with verbally abusive and toxic players? No. They can deal with it themselves and I’ll happily switch characters or find something else to do.

This update seems a bit heavy-handed and the implications of players abusing the system are more severe than the previous iteration of the deserter debuff.

I mean, you’re saying “there may be” and have yet to name one, while the reality of people leaving groups after a boss is real. You can mute/ignore and report verbally abusive and toxic players, or you can simply cop the debuff and move on, while also reporting them.

The fact is that the current version of the system is not heavy handed enough, because it doesn’t deal with the issue. Your opinion that it isn’t that big a problem is just that; your opinion, which is now definitionally not shared by Blizzard. Imagined abuses of a not-yet-implemented system are not a reason to do nothing about a problem.

And your opinion that it isn’t heavy-handed enough is also…an opinion. It appears there isn’t a universal consensus in the community. As such, people are expressing their views.

We don’t agree - and that’s fine. That’s why their is open discussion and debate on issues like this.

1 Like

that’s the problem. the community as a whole doesn’t agree on the problem or the solution… there are flaws pointed out everywhere.

It feels like a huge overreaction for a problem that solves itself in less then two weeks when these types of players move onto m0’s,M+, Raids. where this problem has no chance of existing.

Implements a system like this does nothing but punish a player that isnt involved in what is actually happening.

The “community as a whole” doesn’t need or warrant an opinion, the reality is observable. This fix will be in place for next season, or next expansion, or next time it is warranted, and the downside is extremely minimal to nil. The cross-section of people who have to drop group for a legitimate reason after a single boss, but are ready to play again prior to the 30 minute debuff timer, is extremely close to zero; and, even in those cases where this does happen, the downside for those players is also extremely minimal.

It’s not an “overreaction”; it’s barely a reaction.

heroic gear is trash in like 10 days… why care so much?

1 Like

Yes the fix will be in place and the only people that will feel the outcome are the people not abusing the so called “problem”. This issues is only being created by an artificial timegate.

saying that its extremely close to zero… well lets be honest you dont know that because you dont know what percentage of the playerbase has outside circumstances that arise on a average week.

what we do know is that these items lose SIGNIFIGANT value once higher content opens up which inherintly will make this style of farming less effective. There is already a system in place to refill groups in a very short amount of time.

yes, we understand you feel wronged cause they didn’t hold your hand till the end of the dungeon. there is already a system in place to get a new friend to finish the run.

So is it really worth it to hurt the playerbase that is affected by this for a very small problem that already has a in game working solution?

It’s not just this season, what if next xpax the same thing happens? What if time walking it happens again?

Let’s not pretend this is the only time qued content will ever be the most relevant content.

it pretty much is, when does timewalking ever matter? queued content is designed to be little no barrier of entry. its exactly what its designed for… its low setup content.

who cares if 1 week of beginning of expansion has this happens? heroic are never relevant in season 2,3,4 because there is no waiting period for higher content. Its only because of artifical time game that this is happening.

Hmmm. Let’s look up “Xastii” on raiderio.

Oh look, first and only return is “Xastiidk”, same server, stormrage. I wonder what trinkets this character has.

Oh, Xastiidk doesn’t have the first boss Ara-Kara trinket despite having nearly full 4/8 gear? What an amazing surprise. I wonder how many kills Xastiidk has on the last boss of Ara-kara.

Well, turns out you can’t see other character’s statistics anymore, but hey, I’m guessing it would be a comparatively low number compared with the first boss!

:roll_eyes:

Imagine being so insanely obvious in one’s bad faith.

So now i know you’re new or casual and that " hurdur I’m 60% of the DPS" is a crock. Whetstone before it’s nerf, as well as the dark heart trinkets before their nerfs all performed better then even mythic tier raid trinkets. So dragonflight, and shadowlands both had relevant time walking trinkets. But your such an expert you knew that right?

Interesting, I have the trinket on every character I want it on. Because I gear my characters. im actually spamming ara-kara as we speak cause its fastest dungeon for valor stones. i can pull entire dungeon in 5 pulls and get 60 valor stones. but hey you caught me.

Uh huh.

“Things you say”

vs.

“Things we can see with our eyes”

One of these is not like the others.

right… so having the trinket on makes you bad faith actor… tbh I dont care if they change the rules cause it doesn’t affect me. it only hurts the people that enjoy this level of content.

Ill be moving onto harder content as will most people that are spam farming that trinket.

don’t be shocked when the result of your attitude is nobody queuing heroics.

It won’t give me back the cumulative 20 minutes of time I spent waiting in dungeons this past week for at least one non-DPS role to fill after a leaver. That’s another queue and a half everyone else and I could have been in otherwise. How much would you bet that leavers would cry the loudest if this happened to them? And of course, it’s easy to waste someone else’s time and tell them it’s not a problem.

Stop acting like being a M+ player makes your time more valuable than other players. I got KSM the two seasons I played back in DF and earned over 1800 CR the one DF season that rewarded a good mog for my main. I intend to play M+ this expansion as well, and yet I saw every one of my groups through to the end this past week. The M+ community as a whole doesn’t necessarily condone the leaver sentiment.

1 Like

People will just be abusing the leave in mythic 0’s too. The only difference is there is no penalty for leaving pre made groups.

It’ll be just be better to put the trinket at the last boss where people have to stay until the very end.

if 20 minutes was so valuable you would queued one dungeon as a non DPS role. you would have regained the so called time you lost.

I didnt say it was, im just saying that this is only happening because there is artificial time gate currently. it completely vanishes when people can do different content.

There is already a system in place to refill a group with a priority. I dont see how punishing the casual player base with rule changes is the best solution. As far as leaving content its what you sign up for in random content. You dont know who on other end you get what you get. They dont owe you anything and you dont owe them anything.

no they wont because there is a one day lockout.