Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

now if Blizz really want to solve this problem while not punishing players like the OP who are after a particular item, they should implement a dungeon wide loot drop instead of just a boss drop. So, any item in a particular dungeon can drop from any boss any time, even multiple times. Players like the OP would hang around.

1 Like

I believe after a time there is a kick protection mechanism that ‘kicks’ in. How exactly it all works I don’t think they’ve ever gone into great detail about. So while I believe they can kick you for whatever reason it does build up a bit of a timer on their end if they abuse it.

Holy christ. What? Absolutely not. Heroic and normal dungeons are already terribly boring. There is no need to alienate even more players from them

Happened to me today. Same dungeon, 4 players left after first boss.

Sounds like you’ve got enough playtime to finish the dungeon.

I’ve done thousands of dungeons in this game, LFG and otherwise, and have never been “held hostage by bad players”, even when solo queuing. Do the players sometimes not have the gear or skill to omegapull? Yeah, of course, that’s the price you pay for LFGing, you get players of all skill levels and you have to account for it. If it bothers you that much, try this cool thing called “premades”. That said I’ve literally never had a problem with an LFG since they added it in Wrath so I have no clue what all you whiners are on about other than entitled self-importance.

To all the people justifying leaving and crying about a change that is already in other games with LFG (like FF14): skill issue lol. You brought this on yourself by queuing for LFG without a premade.

And the issue isn’t that the groups aren’t getting refilled, it’s that you deliberately and maliciously screwed over the person who now has to come in and finish the dungeon for you. They don’t get a drop on that boss because you’re a selfish jerk. So now you have to finish the dungeon. Which you should’ve been doing in the first place.

1 Like

lol, who cares if someone’s buying a carry. Dungeons are still getting completed and players still get the gear they’re after.

So then form a group…jfc

While I understand this is being implemented for trinket farmers, I think this will hurt others as well who end up in a miserable group or ones who can not do Dawnbreaker due to the motion sickness type of experience. In theory its a cool dungeon however the push from the wind and flying ship to ship is incredibly disorienting and makes myself and others nauseous. If youre going to crack down on deserters please give us an option to blacklist this dungeon!!!

there w ton of ideas here in how to deal with this problem but I think most of them really could cause a lot of other issues.

I think shared loot pool for every boss would make the most sense. You won’t really shift anything but now every boss kill in a dungeon that you want loot from could be a thing.

That said the least disruptive right now…would just be to move the trinket to the last boss. Not all loot. Not changes to how all dungeons work. This trinket is too popular and causing issues either nerf it (fun detected) or just out it in the last boss in that one dungeon.

Sometimes a scalpel works better than a nuclear bomb.

1 Like

I demand the other players help me farm my trinket, but I ain’t helping them with s***.

Not only am I not gonna help, I’m going to inconvenience them. After I get help, I’m dropping group. Thanks suckers!

You are inconsiderate horrible people and i hope the deserter debuff is increased to 3 weeks.

6 Likes

No. I want to respect the other people. If I want fast I go with my own people. If I’m put in a random group I understand I’ll go at the group pace.

Are you entirely incapable of seeing the 5 other people that effects as human beings?

3 Likes

Absolutely the wrong call here but not for the paper-thin strawman arguments set up in the thread already. Dungeon Deserter’s existence is a net negative for the game overall and the majority of times it’s seen in the modern day are people getting griefed in queued content somehow, be it a premade of bad actors rigging the vote or a tank/healer holding the instance group hostage and forcing you to deliberately take the debuff. Any “buffs” made to it will only increase its power as a tool to be used in bad faith in the long run.

Also, powergamers will always powergame, there isn’t a hotfix potent enough sans dishing out permabans on an individual level that will ever work. Remix demonstrated this countless times over with the hyperspawn/nerf game of cat-and-mouse that frog farming started as well as Ward of Salvation, 479-only raid groups, et cetera. The most you can do is force them to play in a non-reductive manner like LFR Battle of Dazar’Alor having G.M.O.D. drop from Jaina instead of Mekkatorque (which a lot of people ITT seem to remember given how that exact thing is being suggested a bunch).

You’ve contradicted yourself.

People abusing the free leave will thus vastly punish people after m0 is out because “nobody is queing” so that instant fill becomes 5,10 minutes?

I don’t want to deal with this bs when time walking comes out either. Just do the dungeon. It’s rude to the 4 people you used to get a boss kill and it’s even ruder to the guy filling for you.

Social game. Have manners.

3 Likes

its not assumptions… its been my experience gearing two chacters to top 10 on a mega server.

Anyway, it seems that people only know how to complain or cry about this kind of issues.
That there is a simple solution “sign up again” or “find another dps/healer/tank that has left the dungeon”.
It’s not difficult, omg…
After the M+ appear, it will be more difficult for people to sign up for LFG.
And add to that that they add that stupid idea of ​​deserter power (forcing the person to stay).
They will only get groups of item farms (trinkets/weapons) to form, causing LFG to be slower than it is now.
It is very much appreciated that you can find each other and play in less than 1min instead of complaining that 1 or 2 leave your dungeon…
If it were a 10-15min wait, I would perfectly understand your discontent but since it is not, it is just a simple whining honestly.

I only need two pieces of gear to just have all 571 items from H. I don’t want to stick around for every boss if they don’t have loot I need. LFG groups fill almost instantly. I don’t understand this change.

Top ten what exactly?

“ive tried to do 10+ keys this week all 10’s. 9 of them have been instant quits on first wipe. something got to change with M+ its just getting to point if its not perfect run people just instant leave.”

The irony of you crying about people leaving your dungeons is entirely lost on you. Also if you can’t face roll 10s you certainly weren’t top 10 anything.

We can have differences of opinion but if your going to try and bring credit to your argument try and actually have that credibility.

If this killed your drive to run Heroics then literally nobody doing this content casually will care or miss you. It’s that simple - it’s to curb bad behavior and the side effect is that people can’t drop after the first boss kill. The horror, having to play 8 more minutes.

2 Likes

This dude said it better than me.

1 Like