Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

People will intentionally misbehave (or act AFK), and wait for the inevitable “free” kick.

Accepting false positives may be better than solving for the exceptional exception.

(Most people don’t get kicked.)
(Most people kicked aren’t without good reason.)

The reality is that this is a complete non-issue: if someone leaves your group, you have the option of putting your group into the LFG to fill it. Takes 15 seconds to refill.

Another reason this is an entirely and completely non-issue: no one will even be doing heroic dungeons when mythic zeros release on September 10th.

And mythic zeros are not and never will be queued content - another reason this issue is completely a waste of time to even consider

2 Likes

All I can say is that I play a tank and I already got all the gear I needed from heroics by Tuesday evening.

I do still need Valor stones so I was planning on spam farming heroics to get those but I really disapprove of this implementation by blizzard, so I will elect to not tank anymore heroics in LFG and just wait for mythic zeros.

I’m sure many other tanks feel the same way as me and your LFG queues will just be longer because of this

1 Like

The repair bill from constant wipes is more than enough incentive to leave, had a normal group the other day where we wiped 5 times because the tank refused to believe blizzard had buffed the mobs, in that case we just kicked the tank though after laughing about it.

He then proceeded to msg me that they hadn’t buffed the mobs and then called me a dummy lol

1 Like

Hey blizzard - how about fixing ACTUAL issues we presently have such as the completely unusable auction house, as opposed to clamping down on how people are playing the game and forcing them to do content they won’t get any reward out of because they can only get an upgrade off of one boss.

I fully support deserter debuffs across entire accounts; If you are so selfish as to leave because you didn’t get what you wanted in an MMO, you should be penalized.

3 Likes

Because on 11.0, we will be back to this same experience (still an issue, just deferred).

The only comment worth considering there is:

And you’re absolutely right. But what is the issue?

For you, you may read the issue as “dungeon progress is stalled”.

For me, it’s that players are able to abuse an unintended feature of the tool to target farm specific bosses. To me, it seems clear that a dungeon tool is the completion of an entire dungeon and not intended to kill just one boss and bail. The argument I see then is “Why should deserter be enforced only up to the first boss?”

It is seemingly intended to prevent tanks from selling priority queues. That also could be a non-issue, because there is a cooldown on the tool in addition to deserter. But when you scope further and further back along these issues, you start to see the general pattern. Blizzard wants you to complete the dungeon you signed up for or take a break from signing up for them. And that’s a great expectation because then everyone goes in with equal expectations of what everyone else’s goals for the dungeon will be. Finish the content, and move on.

I don’t feel this way (tank). I will especially continue queueing for the bonus bags. Also, your queue time argument looks exclusively at the queue time. The volume of tanks willing to finish a dungeon hasn’t changed, and therefore the real time (queue time plus completion time) can be expected to be static.

1 Like

Honestly when it comes to dungeons sure, but if they did that to lfr…. Lol

2 Likes

I do not feel this way at all.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be an issue if we were allowed to purchase dungeon items with a currency. Give the players more deterministic loot options and people will play more.

3 Likes

Is there any way to prevent the group from arbitrarily kicking a single player who has not done anything wrong?

1 Like

i couldn’t agree more. we need to start banning players who don’t kick or dispel or cc. the dps players doing 100k overall at 570 ilvl need to be punished. they’re ruining gameplay and it’s not fair.

that’s what you meant too, right?

2 Likes

That level of microtransactions is when I quit. People can literally pay 2 win in the more obscene ways than they already do.

You are supposed to learn to work with groups as much as possible. You should never be encouraged otherwise. Dropping should be a last resort which means you should rarely have to deal with deserter.

1 Like

Man I love how many people here are so willing to defend dirtbag behavior.

4 Likes

“Live and let live” as opposed to what exactly? Whatever the opposite is to “live and let live” probably doesn’t apply here.

Except you can’t tell who the dirt bags are.

I love how many people are willing to defend screwing over people who have a legitimate reason to leave.

The “legitimate reason to leave,” outside of real life stuff, is finishing the dungeon.

3 Likes

And real life stuff that takes more than few minutes but less than 30? Before I could just leave, and you get a replacement, and no one was bothered. Now I have zero incentive to leave, I’ll just go AFK for 5-10 minutes, and I’m sure you’ll kick me, same thing happens to me, I get a deserter debuff.