Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Also can I say I am genuinely impressed with the response time from this post to a blue post?

Kaivax even beat all the other players who usually come in to silence complaints against abuse.

This should be the actual conversation happening here.

1 Like

But if you legitimately have to leave, why are you concerned with a debuff?

Like, assuming you had to go answer the door, or check on a crying kid, like why would you really care? Your reason was legitimate, so whatever it was that took you away is going to eat some, if not all of the entire debuff time, right?

5 Likes

So instead of fixing the problem you create another that punishes players that aren’t leaving for this specific reason?
Why not move the trinket to the last boss instead, if the reason for so many people farming the first boss then leaving is because you put their best trinket there.
When are you going to implement this same deserter change to people who intentionally exploit PvP que pops with syncing?

3 Likes

Because people want to pretend that forgetting they ordered doordash qualifies as an “emergency” that they must leave the group for. More likely they want to pretend that not getting their drop is an “emergency” that they must leave for.

But they also want to go back to dungeons 10 minutes later after they are done eating.

1 Like

They don’t want to do that, because they’d be constantly refilling the spot left by the person that just got the trinket and then dipped.

They shouldn’t have to do that, only everyone else!

3 Likes

That’s a weak argument.

There are plenty of things that require your immediate attention but don’t necessitate taking up thirty minutes of your time. Given that the rest of the group are just as incentivized to complete the dungeon as quickly as possible, the likelihood that you get kicked even for a relatively short step away is high enough to negatively affect people who didn’t do anything wrong, let alone deserving of a deserter debuff.

When many of these dungeons are currently being run as fast as possible, any delay is a huge incentive to kick and replace, especially since heroics are the highest level content currently available.

3 Likes

Then queue as a full party. You shouldn’t be leaving “awful groups” in LFG when you know there’s a chance you can get one. I’ve never seen a group that simply couldn’t complete a heroic regardless of how bad they are. If you’re so impatient you can’t spend an extra 5-10 minutes completing a dungeon with a slower group, you shouldn’t queue with random people. If you do, then the punishment you get from leaving, is justified.

1 Like

TBF I’m only talking about people leaving, not people being kicked.

I hate how kick-happy some people are, for the stupidest reasons.

I’d honestly be fine with them removing the debuff for being kicked.

I’m only talking about people who abandon on their own volition

This is not a real issue. You have already coded a solution into the game for this - a dialog box that pops up automatically to refill groups. Groups are stabilized almost instantly with the amount of active players.

There should be zero work put into creating solutions for problems that do not exist. No player feelings should be hurt by a person having to leave a casual dungeon for any reason. This is not top tier content. Absolute waste to even entertain this idea.

2 Likes

And if you’re in that group that can’t kill the boss after 5+ tries because “mechanics are hard, zug zug” than what? We’re stuck with them for hours or take the 30 minute debuff? Yeah that’s logical.

1 Like

What if I’m targeting that dungeon for that trinket, and I keep getting put in as backfill when the first boss is already dead?

That hardly seems fair or fun.

1 Like

So putting all the loot at the end would be perfect. Even if someone left early for a LEGITIMATE reason, you still get in and have a chance at the trinket. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all opposed to that either.

1 Like

This doesn’t happen frequently enough to notice, if at all. We need data driven decisions, not “What ifs” driving choices that affect the entire player base. The vast majority of players would see further dungeon penalties in lower progression content as abrasive. I feel where you are coming from, it is just not the reality of hitting the group finder button.

1 Like

The issue with leaving loot for after the final boss is down is one of time investment, which is the issue we have now.

People are going to do the most efficient things possible when it comes to getting a specific piece of gear in the current game. Right now, that’s chain-running Ara-Kara, killing the 1st boss, and then dropping if you do or don’t get your trinket (it isn’t merely an issue of people who don’t get it, since those who DO get it also have no reason to continue).

In a reasonably geared group, you can down the 1st boss in less than 4-5 minutes. The entire dungeon would take roughly 12-15 minutes to complete. So, there’s a lot of people who would gladly take 5 minutes for a chance at the trinket, then wait however long it takes to get into a new group, rather than take 12-15 minutes for the same chance at the trinket, and then also have to wait the same amount of time for another chance at the trinket.

You can’t really fault the players for engaging with the game in the manner that is most efficient for gearing themselves. Blizzard has designed (or at least left designs in place) that prioritizes and incentivizes this very behavior. Simply put, if you lock specific loot behind specific bosses, people who want that loot are going to find the most efficient methods of getting it.

So you could certainly apply the Mythic+ system of loot to Heroics, but all that does is incentivize other behavior that people have been complaining about, and that’s massive AOE pulls. Because of that, I don’t see how the people complaining about wanting a deserter debuff can square the circle with their issues concerning AOE pulls and tanks being Leeroy Jenkins.

That’s why I think the best solution is to implement a shared loot system where all of the bosses in a dungeon have the same loot table. That way, even if a person does leave the dungeon early on, the replacement isn’t going to care because they won’t have actually missed out on an opportunity to get the gear they want because a boss or two have already been downed. It also incentivizes people staying because you’d now have multiple chances at your specific piece(s) of loot. So, it manages to avoid needing a deserter debuff that is needlessly punitive, and it also avoids the demand of a 12-15 minute time investment that would dissuade many potential dungeon runners from engaging in the system. More dungeon runners engaging in the system means shorter queue times which means more engagement and faster engagement all around.

I’ve been in tons of groups, and I’ve never seen that happen in a queued dungeon. LFR, sure, but not dungeons. Not this expansion, or any other (apart from the start of Cata when the dungeons were intentionally tuned on the harder side). This scenario you’re trying to die on the hill for, simply doesn’t happen very often.

But yeah, on those extremely rare cases where that can happen, then thems the breaks when you queue with randoms, knowing that possibility can occur. If you want to avoid it, queue with a full party where you know it’s not going to happen.

There is something gleefully amusing about this.

When people complained that there should be some sort of leaver penalties in place for M+, the response was “There shouldn’t be, since these groups are made manually. Queue for randoms if you don’t want leavers,”

Now there are in fact leavers in queued content and we’re back to the “I should just be able to leave with no consequence if I don’t get what I want,”

And people here act surprised when the prevailing assumption is that WoW player are all jerks to everyone lol

3 Likes

How about offering an extra /roll of a random item at the end of the dungeon? But that roll would exclude any items you’ve previously gotten from that dungeon.

Would increase incentive to stay for sure, maybe increase the valorstones reward at the end too, or move all of the valorstones at the end?

1 Like

Of you know, FIX THE ACTUAL ISSUE!

1 Like

Please dont give them more bad ideas about this game please. :wink: