Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Look, if people are having to drop groups in a mmo in content that takes up to 30 minutes a lot then they either need to form their own group or not do that content. Or they can do Delves too at their own pace.

But if something important comes up then I’d imagine that is far more important than a 30 minute deserter debuff to them anyway.

I find this a very lenient solution honestly.

1 Like

So what’s the change, that no matter when you leave a dungeon you get deserter? Because for randoms, right now you don’t get deserter if you leave after killing first boss. Obviously that wouldn’t stop first boss farms so whats the change?

Did I imply “a lot”? All it takes is for this to happen once, especially if you weren’t aware of the deserter buff yet, to ruin your day.

You set away an hour to play, thinking nothing could interrupt a couple dungeons as open-world is cleared for the week, then a kid/pet knocks over a vase, bad enough, you drop group to not make the others wait for you, step away to clean up during the loading screen, then return and bam, 30 minutes of deserter, great.

Not to undermine my point, but when you queue for random dungeons, you have a 15min cooldown on being able to requeue for random dungeons anyway (cleared by finishing the dungeon) while those that repeatedly farm one boss obviously queue only for that dungeon. The deserter buff should only apply to people leaving dungeons they have targetted, not random ones.

Yeah that makes sense, but this could still happen in a random queue if they get the dungeons they know have loot at a certain boss and drop after too. Perhaps they know it’s not a perfect solution but one that can be implemented fast.

1 Like

By the time it feels bad, most of the folks doing this will be farming in mythics anyway.

4 Likes

i don’t think blizzard knows which trinkets people will want. i genuinely think they’re not sure how to balance trinkets at all.

yeah, Manic Grieftorch still BiS for my tank…

1 Like

You owe other people basic descentcy. It’s right in the social contract/TOS you sign to get to play the game. You should not be purposefully acting in ways that foster negative experiences for others outside of intended game mechanics.

You are being disruptive to 5 other people. Just don’t. I made a farming party and did a trinket farm for 4 people in less then an hour. You can pull the entire first boss in 3 pulls and take less then 5 minutes assuming 1.5mill DPS give or take from everyone.

It’s way more efficient and disturbs nobody. It makes zero sense to drag pugs into it and do it slower and ruder.

5 Likes

you nailed it. How is it negative affecting anyone? you just pulled entire first boss in 3 pulls and did 1/3 of dungeon faster then most groups are going to achieve it. there is a simple requeue button. It Priority refills the group in less then 1minute. If anything it achieved a net positive for the group.

I dont see how people are seeing this action as overall bad thing. If these people were not speed farming this trinket they wouldn’t queue for this dungeon which means you are getting someone way less geared and way less itemized. the dungeons is going to be slower.

Dont you want to do your dungeons as quick as possible?

1 Like

That helps then.

you couldn’t be more right Furocity.

I typically stay away from dungeons simply because of this issue. it’s a very bad game play style IMO.

That’s the new mentality of wow players IMO. Forget you, I got my (kill, gear, etc) so I’m leaving.

Awful mindset for an MMO game IMO

i never intend to leave, but sometimes the group is awful

1 Like

The thing that shocks me about this is that I could have sworn there was already a deserter debuff for just dropping.

Was there really not?

So you guys do read the forums. Weird.

Their choice!

This change helps those affected by this toxic behavior not those who engage in the toxic behavior as you’re suggesting.

2 Likes

Stick it out
or
Take a break

It’s a completely reasonable expectation.

If you don’t want risks to clear speed, stop using the LFD tool and make your own farm parties with the LFG tool.

Queuing as a workaround for instance lockout and then skimming that privilege is the bigger exploit.

3 Likes

Or better yet do the same than m+ where you need to open a box to get your item at the end of the dungeon.

3 Likes

Those that abuse this already have their trinket etc. This change will predominantly affect people that leave for legitimate reasons or get disconnected and kicked.

Affect innocents?

It’s a 30 minute wait. They’re not taking your first born child from you.

1 Like