Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Sounds like bad game design.

Blizzard should know better.

In that case a 30 minute deserter debuff in some 20 year old cartoony fantasy game is the least of their worries right?

I don’t think anyone sane is going to be like screaming baby or my dungeon queue?

But let’s be honest here, most of you just want to queue up and grab a thing and ditch these people. You don’t care about them, you only care about you and your loot, which is why we ended up having things like Delves cause of this toxic crud (thank goodness). So yes that super important “thing” you had to leave group to do can come with a debuff, and if you keep doing it then it should stack.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head.
These people aren’t arguing in good faith.
Either

1. they have something important to do and shouldn’t be prioritizing WoW over whatever burning building needs to be put out
    Or
  2. it’s not serious and doesnt justify you leaving

Wow has been in leaver meta for many years now and we still have a lot of work correcting it. Leavers aren’t the only ones who’s time should be respected.

3 Likes

Agree, if other people help you try to get your item. The least you can do is help them finish the dungeon.

The lack of respect needs to be corrected.

4 Likes

Yes let them burn, in the khadgar kind of way.

Same thing in SL with Spires, some legendary memory was on the first boss. Blizz didn’t learn from that or didn’t care. Any groups I was in that someone left never had to wait long to fill and finish.

This thread will go just like the leveling change thread, bunch of complaints and Blizz will just delete it from existence like it never happened.

2 Likes

what is the big deal? just reque. you get prio refill for the group. if you dont like it then get a group of friends to run with. the pug experience will always play for themselves.

pugs will always prioritize what gives them the most reward per time spent.

1 Like

Or perhaps dare I say, they should make their own group to exclusively farm items? Especially one much more optimized to do so?

SHOCKING!

2 Likes

I honestly dont see the downside of someone doing this… They are trying to be efficient… that comes with upsides.

it probably mean they are pulling the dungeon in a way that is…Gasp… Quicker then a regular group would pull this portion of the dungeon. They then gasp save time for everyone…

They leave… then gasp you are asked if you like replacement member which fills in less then a minute due to having prio queue to refill. If you dont think that person saved you 1-2 minutes in rate they pulled the dungeon. Its overall still a net positive.

You would instead rather have these players not queue for this dungeon and remove tanks, healers, DPS from the overall queue… overall you sit in longer queue waiting for this dungeon. The dungeon overall is going to performed slower with these types of players no longer in the queue.

Do you really think that is better? I know I personally would rather have players that are trying min max there character help speed the dungeons up. Then i can refill and finish the dungeon. Its not a big deal overall.

1 Like

nah if I help you try to get a item. You need to show respect by finishing the dungeon and help me.

2 Likes

they did help you, they killed first boss for you. Probably did 60% of the groups overall damage. did the three pulls in half time a normal group would have performed it. Hit refill button and enjoy rest of your dungeon.

1 Like

That is not help. Maybe I wanted to get the dungeon done, you get what you want but now you don’t want to help me?

Either way I am happy people going to get punished for it.

4 Likes

you seem to be forgetting the part where you have this option that says “would you like to refill the group?” If you click yes your group gets put at the front of the queue and its filled in less then a minute.

You then proceed to finish the dungeon just as you normally would. Overall you either completed the dungeon in same amount of time or faster then you otherwise would have without these people.

I dont know why you think random owes you anything? They dont know you. They provided maximum effort while they were in the dungeon. If anything you should be grateful for the fast dunegeon. who said they got what they wanted? that might be dungeon fifteen and they still haven’t seen their item.

I dont know why you are viewing it as punishment, Its not. if anything it hurts the average player performing this content. The people doing this are players that will move out of this content in two weeks when higher levels of content open up. If they still want to perform these action they will do it in more organized setting.

This honestly doesn’t affect the players farming this trinket. They will adapt and overall the queueing experience will get worse. It just makes the overall experience for this content slower and longer cause the geared players wont be queueing for it.

1 Like

Remember, Exploit Early and often.

Change is warranted I guess, but end of the day I still got both a 593 Sacbrood and Shard.

Feelsgoodbro

1 Like

Hopefully this change doesn’t go live for another day or two.

Having bad luck with this trinket.

There was boss in De Other Side that prompted leavers for the same reason. If the tank or healer left after that boss, it was literally over 10 minutes in the queue, causing the bottom to fall out when the other non-DPS role left. The “priority refill” seems fine only 5-7 days into this expansion, but it’s going to feel bad soon.

No, they participated in the boss kill with everyone else. Four-fifths of the group helped that one leaver kill the boss.

2 Likes

I am typically sour for not being able to use the LFD tool to queue for M0 (at the very least)/M+ dungeons and thus kind of feel left out for not participating in the whole Mythic dungeon scene and thus view the introduction of it to WoW as an overall negative. But today, I will be glad when Mythic dungeons are once again available.

you say that but the average player that is min-maxing right now is performing much more then 20% of a given groups damage. considering you could have have people in base Ilvl, bad stats. Meanwhile these people are spam farming Best in slot items. from my experience so far this season is there is signifigant difference in their character power and average queued player.

this could be true but this tactic will mostly die off after heroic week. As the players performing these type of actions generally move up in content quite quickly. So that will just leave the players that are not abusing this type of tactic to feel the increased enforcement…

1 Like

It’s genuinely mind-blowing how many people are explicitly stating that they’d be fine with the loot being at the end of the dungeon despite thinking that the current proposal (which in 99.99% of cases is more lenient than end-of-dungeon loot) is the end of the world. It’s such a special kind of idiocy and selfishness that their problem is quite literally with one feeling (to them) more like they’re helping other people while the other feels more like they’re doing the entire dungeon for themselves.

It’s entirely a framing problem. They even acknowledge as much. Yet, despite that, they’re just outright admitting that they’re narcissistic toddlers and absolutely need the devs to make them feel like they’re doing everything for themselves lest they throw a tantrum, even if practically speaking there is no difference.

5 Likes

I’ll go out on a limb and say these players are literally trying to play a single player game, cause they obviously don’t care about anyone else but themselves acting this way.

“Me me me! My loot is more important! You all should thank me for tolerating you!”

1 Like