Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

I may be missing something here, but this feels like an extremely shortsighted “fix” for a non-issue that will go away soon, while also punishing the many for the crimes of the few.

Many situations may make you drop a group: a child requiring attention, or just nature’s call, so you drop group instead of just going afk and getting vote-kicked.

It is great you’re reacting to feedback, but I see many overreactions at the moment…

Because the people that caused this will move on, while this change will continue to affect innocents.

In those cases, half an hour will not hurt you.

Lol gonna be so many people mad once they learn about this change the hard way will serve em right though :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Edit: Also hoping get this in LFR hopefully reduce the joining mid raid wing issue.

Or, and hear me out here, move weapons and trinkets to the final boss of dungeons and balance the under performing trinkets so things like Sacbrood and Larynx aren’t such outliers.

Rather than potentially punish players with legitimate reasons for leaving, provide an incentive for people to stick around. Yes, players are still going to target their best gear even if trinkets were more balanced than they are, but it wouldn’t feel as bad to not be putting on an ilvl upgrade because it’s significantly worse than a Dragonflight trinket/quest green/whatever. It literally took me finding a Hallowfall treasure to replace my last Dragonflight trinket because the other TWW options I’ve come across suck that bad.

There’s no way Blizzard hasn’t seen the data over the last several expansions of players doing exactly this same thing over and over for their best trinket/weapons. The biggest difference with TWW is that these two trinkets in particular blow everything else out of the water, so basically everyone wants at least one of them.

Plus, this is going to be a problem in M0 as well. Once someone selfish kills the boss they’re after and they dip, they’ve potentially screwed four people for an entire day, because then the group has to wait in group finder for a fifth member that’s willing to stick around even though the boss they likely want to target is already dead. There’s only so much screening players can do to prevent this outside of never playing with random people ever again.

2 Likes

It will if the RL distraction was just a few minutes, not that long but long enough that an impatient group would kick you.

Sure, you’ll live, but it’s annoying, especially when it’s a kneejerk reaction to farming in pre-season…

Address the reason people leave instead. Give the endboss a chance to drop the desirable as bonus loot, or give all bosses in the dungeon a shared loot table, similar to Remix (not my idea, someone mentioned it above or in the EU thread)

Then talk to your group and ask for them to wait for you.

That’s just RNG. Seriously, of course some will be understanding, but a significant portion will say “nope, stay and [mess] your pants or we’ll kick you”.

Which is again you being at the mercy of toxic players.

I think this will be fine as long as it isn’t a one strike you are out system. Give everyone one or two leaves without the penalty if you have fought one boss and the bad actors will get stopped for the most part.

So?

Make your own group if you don’t want to have to deal with strangers in the queue.

Same could be said to those complaining about leavers.

Both is bad, because you don’t always have 4 friends at hand.

Instead of addressing the underlying cause, you keep pushing the responsibility onto others that should not be involved or affected.

Finish your dungeons.

4 Likes

Ok I’m just going to be straight up.

You need help for getting that trinket. It is respectful to finish the dungeon for others that helped you try and get the trinket.

That is it, I don’t care if you disagree, and Blizzard does not also.

So the punishment should be harsher, and they should nerf the trinket.

So show respect to other players who helped you try and get the trinket by finishing the dungeon.

2 Likes

No.

The complainers are finishing the content they queued for.

this isnt new ,ppl bailed on first bosses on other expansions all the time , the funny thing is that 99% of time is TRINKETS , blizz never learns and put trinkets on first boss instead of last one.

and this.

1 Like

that will be the case regardless. mythic makes heroic completely moot.

1 Like

How about just simplifying it… Move all the loot to the end of the dungeon… Like M+

The infrastructure is already there and deserters get no benefit out of incomplete runs.

There are many instances that have been plagued by this behavior.

Just move all the loot to the end, can’t be that hard… As the game already does it in M+

1 Like

So, you just made it harder for people to farm their trinkets…

Jesus…

Glad I got my BiS trinkets early then kek.

This is going to backfire almost immediately. Sometimes people have to drop before the end of the dungeon due to circumstances outside of the game. With that being said I’d like to hear how this can be implemented in an effective way / what the current thought process is

1 Like