Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Yep - this new system will 100% allow people to effectively “hold you hostage” for 30 minutes if they want to. Adding blanket debuffs like this is a poor solution. There are algorithms that can detect a pattern and implement a back end ‘strike’ system that accumulates and then removes a players ability to queue.

But now - everyone is at risk of getting a 30 minute time out, if the dungeon bugs and you all have to leave. Or if the tank decides to grief you by not pulling anything and you can’t manage to continue without them tanking.

There are more potential downsides where someone ‘innocent’ gets punished - as opposed to an actual system designed to punish frequent leavers.

1 Like

I don’t think they actually thought this out all the way because if you kill the first boss you can be kicked and avoid the dungeon deserter debuff entirely, so now they just incentivize everyone who didn’t get what they want to just stand there and afk until they get kicked.

Again, that almsot never happens and its not why this was done.

If you currently queue for a dungeon, kill 1 boss and drop group, you are already on a 15 minute cooldown before you can queue again.

But way to incentivize tanks and healers not queuing rather than risk getting a group that’s going to hold them hostage despite awful behavior.

My mother used to say, “Great minds think alike.”

It is being implemented because Blizzard wants to put highly desirable loot on the first boss and then require players to stay for the entire dungeon. Heck, they want you to stay for the entire dungeon throughout even if you’re in a horrible group of trolls, because they see that as your duty to WoW.

1 Like

I don’t get why people always go spastic over one trinket almost every expansion release…

Make normal and heroic and LFR like m+ you quit at anytime you get no loot as the loot only appear in a chest after you beat the last boss

just make the last boss drop all the loot even from the earlier bosses

It has always been a problem when a highly desirable or even mandatory item is put on the first boss of a dungeon at the start of an expansion, but they keep doing it. There was an extremely low drop rate in Shadowlands for a bis legendary memory. It is unreasonable to expect players to farm a dungeon hundreds of times to get something that is so important.

I wonder if it would be better to have loot rolled and rewarded at the end of the dungeon instead of a deserter debuff. I can see people rather eating the debuff than be obligated to finish a dungeon. If you dont have time to finish the dungeon or the patience to suffer through a problematic group, there is more than enough solo content now to make up for it imho. At the very least, maybe Blizzard can have some sort of loot master and re-evaluate which boss drops which item and put the popular ones at the end boss.

with all these points though, at that point, why even have other bosses?

how good is it btw?

im rocking 2 darkmoon decks 577 (they were pretty cheap this time around)
and that thing looks like it’s 571 only

itll be more worth it once mythic/+ comes in i assume.

This is single handedly one of the best and most simple answers in this entire thread.

In my opinion, I think you should be able to queue for a single LFR boss. This is a major problem in raids.

If an item is so important, the drop rate should be increased so players don’t have to run that dungeon many, many times to get it. If they know they’ll have to run the dungeon maybe 10 times rather than 100, they’ll be less likely to drop group.

… how often are you running into people who can’t run a Normal or Heroic dungeon? LOL :rofl:

with how long queue times are for lfr… ouch

it could be 50% and you could still have to run it 100 times, rng is rng

more than you would hope…

its not about can its about in decent time, people wipe on trash lol

Which would happen rarely if it had a decent drop rate. Very rarely. The fact that there is always a long tail is not justification for giving a mandatory item a 1% drop rate, because “Since some players are not going to get it until 100 runs anyway, let’s make it so rare they’ll have to farm THOUSANDS of dungeons. And require them to stay in every dungeon until it is completed FOREVER. It’ll be so good for players to have to continue to play with malicious trolls until the dungeon is over! That will teach those casuals to make friends. It’ll make trolls really happy. And we need to cater to trolls, so they don’t get bored and quit.”

far more often then should be happening…but more often its just general toxicity.

to give an example was in a H stone vault aboue an hour and a half ago that had a dps and a healer bickering it got to the point that by the 2nd boss the healer was refusing to heal 2 of the dps, no one wanted to kick them, or the dps they were bickering with so rather then suffer these 2 clowns i bailed…with this change i would be punished for simply not wanting to subject myself to their childish nonsense which frankly is beyond wrong and beyond backwards

1 Like

i mean, it’s not 1%

1 item drops for 5 people, you have a 20% chance of getting a drop
and then it depends on how many items that boss drops for you as to how the drop chance is, but you’re probably looking at 5-10% chance

for me it’d be about 10% per kill

I run a lot of LFD. I rarely run into such things.

You can walk in the door of a dungeon. Or go run Delves to get Brann up and get some stuff from there. Or go run some WQs or weeklies, etc.

And yes, if you leave a group you get punished. This isn’t new. It’s only a small change to what already existed.

1 Like

You seemed to be telling us that lots of players are going to farm more than 100 dungeons and still not getting it, that since there is a probability long tail the item could justifiably be given a vanishingly small drop rate. And just require everybody to finish the dungeon because it’s good for /timeplayed.