Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

I thought the penalty only applied if they left before killing a boss, so that really wouldn’t help in the OPs instance.

That’s why they’re changing it, people are using the dungeon finder to farm 1st boss and bailing, instead of forming their own farm groups like they should be

Not sure what the huge issue is.

You want a single boss kill but donʻt want to get a penalty?
Donʻt do queued content
You can easily make a premade stating what you want to do, im sure there will be folks who also want to do that.
AFAIK the penalty only applies to leaving a LFD group.

And besides now you get to be the “Old timer” who can tell newer players down the line when they complain about this

“Baaaack in myyyy day, folks used to quit after the first boss, so …”

1 Like

Then they need to add the option to not be back filled into a group. Because there are times where the boss I want is already dead and I will bail after the next one. In this case, I would just leave and go herb gathering.

2 Likes

Can we distinguish between deserters and people who are vote kicked for the deserter debuff? I worry the people who are kicked for no reason are going to be punished as severely as people who intend on doing only the first boss, etc.

1 Like

That change should help the situation you described as well, unless people just continue to do it and eat the deserter debuff.

If people don’t bail, no need to backfill, you’ll get your fresh run.

Honestly, the penalty should never apply to anyone being queued into an already in progress instance.

4 Likes

I remember when the dungeon pop-up used to show you the number of bosses killed. Those were the days. They had to remove it because they thought NO ONE would join an in-progress group. And here I was over here fishing for an in-progress on last boss group for my daily. :rofl:

Teach them to fly Bombay!

Thinking about it. It almost seems good if the penalty is a heftier lockout from that specific dungeon. 1 hr lockout of all dungeons, and 24 hours for that specific one.

the problem is this isn’t the only reason for people leaving groups…it is however the only reason that will mostly vanish the minute the season starts.

to give a few examples you see what others have said about darkflame, priory etc and jsut awful groups that can’t clear them why should people be punished for saying “ok enough is enough” after several wipes and leaving?

additionaly the deserter system has NEVER been able to distinguish between someone who leaves and someone who gets kicked…given how often thruout an expansion you see people abusing the VTK option jsut to troll this massively increases the impact these toxic players can have on people.

worst of all this exact problem has poped up before specifically in wod with the garrison inn’s dungeon quests…which means the basic framework of a better solution SHOULD be known to the developers.

in wod the solution was to make the final boss mandatory for the quests completion, while obviously thats not really applicable here you can shift currency rewards to the final boss, you can further incentivize fully clearing by for example giving the final boss a chance to drop an item from one of the previous bosses you know solutions that don’t effectively punish people just trying to extricate themselves from a toxic situation

3 Likes

Wanting to leave a toxic group is not being antisocial. Are you okay?

4 Likes

who could possibly care…?

The first week of mythic is going to blow the trinket out of the water. Who is sweating farming heroic?

A. The fix isnt even live yet lol
B. You can do the entire dungeon.
C. Stop being rude to others in the dungeon and just finish it out.

Hmmmm, was afk getting my car checked out most of the day, just now getting back and catching wind of this thread

Awful change tbh… this pre-season “farming frenzy” is always short-lived anyways, once M+ opens Heroics are pretty pointless and the content just becomes an XP-train for future alts

…so what that means is any future lowbie alts - and particularly tank alts - will have to deal with the “fallout” of this sudden/unexpected hotfix even if they themselves are not farming a specific boss, long after the “serial leavers” (the group this hotfix is aimed at) have cleared out and moved up into M+
:man_facepalming:

Sorry dude, you’re right. 4 seconds is unbearable.

My favorite thing about this thread is that by the time this is implemented, the people praising this will be the only ones affected and everyone else will be in premades and immune

2 Likes

A better solution is to have loot drop at the end of a completed dungeon rather than on a boss-to-boss basis, like how loot is distributed in M+.

Voila, people who need to leave a group can do so without penalization and the item farmers have to commit to the run if they want to be rewarded.

1 Like

Theyre usually only there for the xp in case of normals and heroics by that point are no more difficult than normal so the amount of people leaving is minimal

Maybe the real issue is having 1 trinket that is BiS for most of the specs in the game