Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

My point is that expanding no lockout gearing is a step backwards.

I got this trinket in a guild group before I even knew how good it was. I still think this is an idiotic change because I’ve encountered exactly one pug group that could actually properly do the Darkness boss in Darkflame Cleft. I shouldn’t have to wait 30 minutes to join another dungeon because the group couldn’t kill the last boss. So no more pugging for me. I only need valorstones at this point anyway.

I am fine with this solution but…maybe you shouldn’t put items that are this good for a class on the first boss of a dungeon.

For this specific issue, move it to the final boss and increase the drop rate. Less unintended consequences through better loot drop design.

2 Likes

This thread has incentivized me to farm these this way now before its gone for good.

Thanks for the update, blue

3 Likes

The issue isn’t ability, it’s desire. I have no desire to play with most of this community. Didn’t used to be the case, but it is the case now. I also don’t care if you disagree.

I think it is a great move. If you don’t want to do the entire thing, make your own farm group for it. I’d do worse, I’d bump it to an hour. If you ruin others’ time, your time should be ruined too.

3 Likes

The more and more i read this thread, the greater reason i see why they are doing this.

11 Likes

Heroics don’t have a lockout in the dungeon finder, even when queued for specifically (this may have been a thing for a while, but I only noticed it in the latter half of DF). I haven’t tried entering any manually though to find out whether this is true in general or specific to queueing.

They have no lockout when entered manually, I did a few that way to include a Horde guildie in our group.

3 Likes

but the thing is you will now get deserter for farming it even when your group is doing it too…

Naw, if you’re making your own group, you can all just trek over to the dungeon portal and enter/exit manually rather than queueing. It’s like legacy farming!

6 Likes

It used to be locked out if you did it in a pre-made or if you queued specific, only random dungeon finder could get around the queue (so blast to first boss, leave, re-queue and play the lottery again). I didn’t know this was changed in DF. I had just googled and saw a post saying heroic lockouts were removed in TWW.

They specifically said “those who leave using the LFD” so no…it won’t mess with making your own group and going in through the portal.

3 Likes

Yeah, somewhere like Wowhead probably made a note of this whenever it happened, but I just overlooked it or I was on a break from the game at the time. :sweat_smile: Nice for whenever a heroic needs to be farmed for something!

Maybe a good time to move on.

2 Likes

Should have made BiS equipment that drops from final bosses. This is bad game design.

No I’m loving the new solo options for gear progression. It’s the future of the game.

2 Likes

I wonder if this will negatively impact queue times for heroics once mythics and M+ are out. Heroics often already have increasingly long queue times after the first few weeks of an expansion, but i cant see this making tanks and healers think “yes, i’d like to get trapped in a dungeon full of trolls that i cant leave without taking a long debuff”.

2 Likes

As the trinket can drop from follower dungeons… are the other versions of the trinket that much better?

:cookie:

Thank you, it’s absolutely ridiculous ATM, you can’t go a single dungeon without people leaving after they don’t get their item.