Harsher penalties for People Farming The Sacbrood please

Personally, I can understand the benefits of the system. Most people leaning on their “hectic life” or “answering work calls because they’re literally playing WoW on the clock” are just trying to steer the discussion away from the point.

Most people who play the game understand why the leaver system exists. Those people are the kind of people that delves and follower dungeons were designed for.

If you don’t think you can commit 20 minutes to complete a heroic dungeon, then go do a delve instead where there’s no time limit and no other players who can be affected by your unreliability.

5 Likes

Geez, now i’m happy i got that trinket on the first kill.

And they are fixing it properly, by penalizing you for leaving content you willingly entered to finish as a group. It’s not “Looking For 1 Boss and then ditch finder” Its “Looking for group” finder. To do a dungeon. As a group.

6 Likes

Hey, if you wanna spend 30 minutes being petty instead of 15 minutes finishing the dungeon, that’s fine with me. You’re the one whose time is more valuable than the time of 5 other people, so that’s like having to wait 2.5 hours.

3 Likes

This has some knock on effects that I don’t think are good. I get what the team is going for here, but I don’t think this is a great solution.

A solution with fewer negative side effects would be to move all the loot and valorstones from the dungeon to the last boss (sort of like how the M+ chest works), or stop letting random dungeon bypass the daily heroic lockout.

1 Like

The group will refill in 10 seconds so who cares? Let people live!

3 Likes

guess I’m not pugging anymore if I will get deserter for leaving groups that wipe on The Darkness multiple times. Idiotic change.

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll all miss you and your positive contributions to group play.

4 Likes

so what happens if a group is a complete failure? and everyone leaves group, do they all get deserter?

2 Likes

That would be the logical thing to do. When has ActiBlizz done the logical thing? I’m sure they have at some point, I just can’t recall when.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

and then this change will take long enough to implement that the problem naturally would have resolved itself (farmers got their trinket) leaving only legitimate players dealing with an extra punishment.

1 Like

No, they are changing a system that’s worked fine for 19 years to fix the fact that they still have loot on the individual bosses in normal/heroic/mythic 0 dungeons. If they simply moved it all to the end like M+, this problem wouldn’t have existed in the first place. Sure you can leave early and re-queue later if needed without a buff, and you wouldn’t get any loot until you finish either. I’d be fine with this.

I can see this as a compromise and I agree. This would probably fix the problem.

I’ve heard there is no lockout on heroics in TWW? Anyone confirm that?

The fact that this was exploitable in the first place is downright absurd.

You want to farm something in a dungeon without doing the whole thing? Make some friends. Don’t bring that crap into randos.

1 Like

If so, that’s a step backwards.

I don’t think any of us can really take a position where we can assert authority over how someone else chooses to play the game, do we? If someone with a busy life still wants to participate in what’s ultimately low-stakes queued content, I think that’s their right.

And that’s saying nothing about the fact that each so-called ‘pillar’ of content isn’t entirely interchangeable with each other. Some aspects may be shared, but each of them are also unique in many ways and can’t really be substituted for each other on a whim. Trying to control someone else’s playtime by telling them to ‘go do delves instead’ isn’t really a solution if delves don’t offer something that dungeons do for that player. Plus it’s kind of rude to boot.

1 Like

ok so i get the need to stop people from doing what the op’s complaining about since it’s a rather crappy thing to do…but you all do realize you’re effectively punishing people for leaving bad groups, trolling groups etc…this is rather problematic considering you see groups of 3-4 guildies queueing up and taking advantage of the fact that no one can kick them so not only do they have the unpleasant experience of being grouped with said malcontents which while not a super frequent thing it happens enough to warrant concern about this change…now you’re effectively punishing them on your end a second time with this… i mean how is this considered anything but what it is, solving one problem with a worse problem…here’s an idea incentivize actually staying with better final boss rewards…perhaps put all currency drops like flightstones on the final boss you’ve done this before when this problem poped up, for example in wod with the inn quests

1 Like

They’ve been focusing the end-game direction onto Mythic 0s and mythic+ for a while now. It wouldnt surprise me if Heroics were no longer under a daily lockout and only mythic 0s were.

Yes, and they do so while knowing the possible consequences of leaving early. A 30 minute penalty isn’t really the end of the world.

You know what you’re getting into. You know what happens if you leave early. It’s not a big deal.

2 Likes