Happy Pride Month!

That right there, or some fanatic from the other side going ballistic about it

Ye. Eh we’ll see if this continues to be a thing in the next few years. To see if the meme cements itself lol

1 Like

It’s just really interesting to me going from the days of the mega serious pride events of the 90s I went to where it was 90% “Silence Equals Death” for so long to this ya know.

Might be showing my age there

Because we’re allowed to just have fun now. It’s why I can’t be mad about corporate pandering.

Can you imagine companies doing this kind of kowtowing back in the 90’s? They only do it now because society has shifted and they follow the money - and I can only see that as a good thing.

3 Likes

OH god we would have ate them alive for trying back then.

Yeah. Its like “oh you finally realized I have money too huh?”

I’ll take it over nothing at all

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
My man look around you.
Watch the news.
Touch some grass.
This entire country is going to hell. If war won’t get us our own stupidity will.

1 Like

And also “this will encourage more people than it will piss off”.

3 Likes

This country has been going to hell since the day it was founded as a country,nothing new there.

We just notice more now because of mass media

1 Like

Also true

( And ngl its a lil funny watching people get angry about it. )

What had me laughing was the whole Bud Light thing.

People acting like brewing companies hadn’t been showing support.

All the Pride fests I went to in the 90s on up has always had sponsorship from brewing companies.

1 Like

Ironically, that same mass media makes things seem a lot worse than they are.

It’s why I seek out “good news” reports - stuff like environmental efforts seeing huge success, and crime rates plummeting despite what the news would have you believe.

1 Like

I would suggest watching Idiocracy sometime it’s hilarious but also terrifying at the same time because it’s exactly what’s happening to this country right now. XD

3 Likes

Also they just outed themselves as bud light drinkers.

Even my alcoholic scum bag of a uncle didn’t drink that trash

3 Likes

Oh I have several times, I still love how the main quote from it is is “Idiocracy is not a documentary” lmao

1 Like

SAAAME, haha.
“Welcome to Costco, I love you.”

1 Like

I think at worst I would drink was Miller High Life.

My tastes improved greatly with age.

2 Likes

Yeah, anyone crowing that they’ll never drink bud light again just makes me think “the fact that you’re just now coming to that decision tells me you never actually liked beer to begin with” lol

That was my college beer when we needed something we could chug enough of to have beer can sword fights without dying of alcohol poisoning.

3 Likes

And especially with Kid Rock getting so bent over it now after solid evidence of drinking exactly that with drag queens.

Pure case of selective outrage at it’s finest.

3 Likes

Never had a chance to try higher quality beers. I drank daiquiris sparingly once I was 21 but I only had that for like a year before I had to stop drinking alcohol for medical purposes.

1 Like