Happy pride month! Hope to see in-game events!

Keep the parades on Proudmore.

1 Like

My god, your name is cringe. Which is ironic considering you’re criticizing someone defining themselves…

1 Like

I think he is criticizing the corporations that are pandering to the different community’s and groups of people for money. Not the people themselves.

As someone who is not LGBT but who supports LBGT rights and freedoms, I have to objectively say that during the month of June it pretty much is just a bunch of companies looking to show progressive they are to make money, then they ditch it the rest of the year and participate in unethical practices the whole time.

4 Likes

There are LGBT+ characters in the game. Shocking, I know.

Who have never experienced homophobia. To quote you:

So why would they have Pride when never persecuted since homophobia doesn’t exist in WoW?

Yeah, I know. Like companies that put on a pride profile picture on twitter, but behind the scenes donate to groups that work against LGBT+ rights :joy:

But hey, if everyone is getting exploited just like straight and cis people in the system we live in, then what can I say. Bring on the equality.

Source?

2 Likes

WoW themselves. Twitter in fact.

There is nothing in the writing denoting it. And I would love for you instead to show where you see it.

Sylvanas experienced sexism from Garrosh

Are they the same?

No, so why try this strawman here?

That’s great I guess. But that reply you’re responding to was related to making threads about LGBT+ people, which he claimed had no relation to WoW. :thinking:

This isn’t a strawman.

You said they never experienced homophobia.

I was simply saying Sylvanas experienced sexism from Garrosh.

Do you disagree with that statement?

We are discussing Homophobia and you bring in sexism, which doesn’t even factor in here.

You get that right? Or are we just screaming out causes now? If so Breast Cancer, Diabetes, HIV Awareness!

3 Likes

Holy flying hell, you were talking about bigotry experienced in game, or not being experienced in game.

It’s not my fault if you want to be angry that I brought up Garrosh was sexist towards Sylvanas. No one “in game” has Diabetes, but Sylvanas experienced sexism

It’s the concept.

You were replying to this:

Which is clearly about the events and here is your reply the one I highlighted:

So are you being disingenuous here? Or when you asked for the source? Because really, I see you trying to walk back a lot here…

No I wasn’t I saif specifically this:

So again, you are bringing a separate issue to homophobia precisely here to try to further your bad take.

1 Like

I specifically highlighted what I was replying to. YOU are being disingenuous by quoting the entire thing.

I asked you about a source because I WANTED TO KNOW about something you claimed.

Not everything has malice behind it.

This is exactly why i hate pride.
We become show ponies.

Having a whole month where im seen as just my sexuality annoys the hell out of me.

A whole month where the world says “dont forget, youre not normal”

I hate it so much

1 Like

I claimed? It’s out there.

You need to stop trying to shoehorn real life issues in here.

I am going to stop, this all seems so familiar and your name begins with T.

Happy WoWing!

Talked to my people, and I will have to check the TOS to make sure its allowed but I want to hold a LGBTQIA+ pride parade in game on my server, Illidan. I plan on raffling off at least one wow token to the participants that participate and follow the general guidelines of the parade. Will probably be completely inclusive to all community’s faiths and backgrounds so that everyone can feel like they can join in and participate. As long as general guidelines are followed anyone who is of any community faith, sexuality or any backgrounds that don’t harm other people will be allowed to represent themselves as long as they are there in mutual support for LGBTQIA+.

Defiantly just the rough draft of an idea, but something I am very interested in seeing come to fruition.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

2 Likes