Handling It: Taut Tethercoil (Lego Axe Quest) Not dropping item

As others have said, let’s not overreact. This is not the end of the world. It’s a bug that will take some time to track down. We will survive. Hahah

1 Like

Already waited this long zzz.

I don’t really mind but I’m also doing this on an alt. At the same time it might be a chance at playing mythic bosses which my main (Shadow) is already useless on.

1 Like

yea but at the same time this is a pretty bad bug and people would expect it to be fixed quite fast. my question is what did they hotfix that affected this bug because i dont see anything in the notes that would do that.

1 Like

Not sure but here’s the link.

My guess is it’s related to cross-realm being open. All kinds of weird server shard and phasing issues seem to happen every time. If I had to guess rare mobs likely had some kind of protection from people abusing shards / shard hopping to quickly farm up rares. This coupled with the special interaction with the quest item could be breaking the tether item / item not populating when looting the mob.

1 Like

what im saying it seems like maybe there were changes that they didnt list and those broke the quest. its just my inner conspiracy theorist coming out lol

1 Like

wouldn’t be surprised

1 Like

The EU forms have a response but not the NA look here for updates from @Tyrskorn Tyrskorn a Blizzard team member.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/legendary-quest-rune-of-shadowbinding-giving-no-credit/495088/2?_gl=1*8qjjo6*_ga*NDAwNDYwODkuMTcwMDI2NDI5MA_ga_VYKNV7C0S3MTcwNzUwMTQzMC42LjEuMTcwNzUwMTQzMS41OS4wLjA.

1 Like

Lol, the EU is calling it ‘the Microsoft bug’.

I hope to God that MS never puts their own server team on WoW. That would be an absolute guaranteed disaster. At least not cold turkey- even with 5 years parallel working experience they probably could still not know everything there is to know in maintaining WoW.

1 Like

me sucede lo mismo puse el mismo error como ticket y no me sale nada me faltan 3 item y nada de nada

what gave me an annoyed chuckle is that, there is a second blue post saying they are aware of the bug but since it’s the weekend people have left and nothing is going to get done about it until Monday

1 Like

Blizzard pls

1 Like

small indie dev

1 Like

For everyone reading this, congrats on finally getting your lego after grinding the raid all season long! Too bad you still cant get it and there is nothing you can do about it

7 Likes

Same stopped working last night after doing getting the enchanter part made.

1 Like

imagine getting home early last night from work and trying to do the 3 bosses and then its just like NOPE. if i knew the quest would be broken on thursday i would have finished it wednesday and none of this would be an issue for me

2 Likes

just came back home from work, 3:45 PM CST still broken. going on atleast over a whole day of no word fronm any US blizzard employees.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m still hopeful but idk if it’s gonna happen.
1:50 PST so definitely possible a fix could still happen.

sounded like a cross-region issue so i wouldnt expect a fix until next week.

1 Like

oh my sweet summer child…

Why don’t they give the players credit for this part of the questline since it’s a bug on their end? The quest already takes longer then it should. It’s just a grind not a cool storyline we are doing.

1 Like