Handling It: Taut Tethercoil (Lego Axe Quest) Not dropping item

Going through this quest on a new toon and this particular quest is not rewarding the quest item. No issues using the tether on mobs, and I’m not using macros ie… stop casting that are breaking the cast. Just not being rewarded with quest item upon rare kill. Also seen a couple people posting on wowhead that they are running into the same issue. Thanks in advance.

33 Likes

Same thing happening to me. Not working as of a little while ago. 34/50 on the quest.

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue. I haven’t been able to get any quest items beyond 18/50. I apply the tether, kill the rare while the debuff is up making sure not to break it in any way. Then when the rare dies, the tether remains connected to the rares corpse without yielding any quest items.

1 Like

Tried an event boss and two different other rares. Not getting these items. Tether is on the whole time, mob dies, tether stays on for a bit. No quest items on mob or in bag.

1 Like

Yeah, prob got busted this AM with the little hot fix they ran. No worries hopefully they get it situated soon. Sure, they got a lot going on with SoD2

1 Like

same problem. I’ve killed each type of rare this afternoon, some multiple times, one by just auto attacking and have received not one tethercoil. 23/50 Male BE Paladin in Ret spec

2 Likes

Issue is also on the next step binding it to the raid bosses as well. another forum post on that too

2 Likes

Came here to say this. Everything else was working this morning (east coast) but of course the last step I need - to be tethered - isn’t working. Tether stays on the boss after they die, you’re still slow, have debuff … no credit. FFS

3 Likes

Same here. was working this morning, not working now.

3 Likes

just had the issue, stuck on 31/50, tether does not go away after killing the mob and no item. Also tried dropping and picking up the quest, it didnt help

2 Likes

Same problem, Human Paladin, stuck on 35/50. Tried multiple mobs multiple times and nothing.

2 Likes

Yup same got home from work to finish this thing before raid. No dice.

2 Likes

Same problem here…

2 Likes

Of course it bugs out when i finally get the drop…

10 Likes

Fine before the hotfix today. On a couple of mobs I was obviously in melee range, but when the mob died, it said out of range and didnt drop tethercoil. Might be something to look into.

2 Likes

Hello,
New to doing this quest - was working last night. I’ve been trying to farm this tonight and ALL of the 10 or so rares I have done yield zero thethercord.

Not sure what the issue is but it appears to be common to whatever minor patch happened today.

I’m fortunate to be able taking my time with this quest - however this has got to be disappointing to people rushing to get this complete for their raid teams this week.

If it helps anyone at Blizz reading this, I have disabled all addons. - Also on a related note, my tattered dreamleaf item is also broken and I’ve been unable to use it on myself. Most guides say this is possible… -all week this has been broken.

*Just did my 6-7th Superbloom. The quest for the tattered dreamleaf buff that goes on myself finally appeared. Thanks, better late then never I guess. This has prevented me from finishing this efficiently which is uncool.

**Update- Completed another superbloom to finish my ‘Restored Dreamleaf’ buff item. I’m at 197/200. Great system you got here. Literally done with the quest when it gives me the quest for the increased dreamleaf drop. People could not cast their dreamleaf buff on me (because the quest never appeared for me) without it falling off. :c

2 Likes

Same here D: … I say we get loot for every hour this bug goes on !

3 Likes

Same, have tagged and killed 30+ rares now and it still gives no items. Was working this morning was able to get 5/50 before. :confused:

2 Likes

Bugged for me too. The line stays on the corpse until it despawns and awards me nothing. I’m at 31/50, all farmed earlier today.

3 Likes

Same here, trying right now, nothing dropping.

3 Likes