Halondrus nerf when?

The day I was done with LFR was when I saw a little guy die super early in the fight and felt super sad.

I thought “Awww, that guy won’t get to have any fun now, they’ll just lie on the ground watching us play for the entire boss…”

So since it was LFR I threw a BR on him so he could just pop back up and have fun, if it really had come down to a single BR wiping us I would have taken the blame for it. Only he just never accepted.

I thought maybe he stormed off instantly but no, I saw him chiming in during the fight and realized then that he wanted to be dead.

Was just very sad but maybe I’m just a huge nerd :heart:

1 Like

Huh? It’s the swirly with a peak in the middle animation that almost always means “stand in this to soak” - it’s just very large.

1 Like

I’m sad to hear about these experiences but also feel good knowing others share my frustrations.

Even without heroism on the first boss, you should be able to meet the DPS check with one or two stacks of determination. The fact that a group would get to 3 stacks and still not make it is just pathetic imo.

I have such a sad opinion of the playerbase after this last week of doing LFR on multiple toons and then pugging low keys for the weekly as well. It’s not really their fault though since it’s the system designed by blizzard that creates this kind of thing. They either need to completely dumb down the classes so that even a four year old couldn’t possibly mess it up or there needs to be a DPS check requirement before someone is able to queue for LFR. Kind of like trials or something.

And if people aren’t hitting the absolute minimum requirement of DPS they should be automatically kicked

Every person who says LFR is fine as is should be forced to join a group with 24 random players who are just barely meeting the item level requirements(220) while playing a similarly geared character themselves. Would love to spectate that disaster.
Halondrus is clearly overtuned for LFR wing 1.
LFR should not be balanced around the same factors as other difficulties but with smaller numbers. You can’t realistically expect communication, coordination and proper rotations out of 25 random people who likely have never met before or will again.
The burden often falls onto the healers and sometimes tanks as people make mistake after mistake causing extra raid damage. All 3 roles should be allowed to enjoy the easiest raid difficulty that somehow ends up consistently harder to clear than normal raids.

2 Likes

They might as well give us a NPC that just gives us 1 box per boss every week with a chance at LFR loot and scrap LFR altogether if they’re gonna make it even easier than it already is.

Why even queue for an afkable instance and proceed to AFK, just talk to the NPC and get your loot. It would save everyone alot of time and effort if people are going to AFK anyway.

It is a intensive fight. I was healing normal Holondrus, can be done but it’s intensive

Yet they just announced he was being buffed tomorrow after player feedback and testing.

Yep because Heroic Holondrus is still a joke,

We had 5 healers for it and 4 of us parsed grey/green because there still isn’t enough healing to go around.

Healers parsing purple in DPS because there was simply nothing to do.

I can already see it next expansion… normal and heroic versions of LFR

1 Like

Easy fight not acceptable

Halondrus LFR is a bit undertuned. I cleared him on 3 chars this week and we had zero wipes. All you have to do is say spread out around the boss, that is the whole LFR mechanic for him. He’s such a fun fight that you hope for a wipe so you can do him again without sitting through queue lol

A big problem is Halondrus is the 7th boss. But they put him in the first wing.

He was clearly tuned with the fact we’d have 5-6 weeks of kills, and most likely 2p by then.

But we don’t, because they shoved him in the first wing for some unknown reason. (I assume to make sure there’s a tier boss in the first 3 wings).

I did Halondrus 4 times this week, on my 4 toons. The last one, my warlock, was tonight, and it was horrible. Like me, most of us were in 230ish gear. The boss is very clearly tuned around 250ish gear, which is ridiculous since LFR drops 239.

We had 3-4 stacks of Determination before we beat him, and it was close. All of us but one were doing 3.5k dps or so. The 253 hunter was doing 6k. The difference in dps between 230 and 250 is insane.

It’s the same reason Shriekwing was so easy in Nathria. He was the first boss, but they put him in the second to last wing, so we had 5-6 weeks of gear to overpower him.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

I ventured into LFR to capture my 2p and I feel like its getting… worse?

In the run I joined in on there was only one actual healer and the rest were sneaky DPS, soon as a few actual healers came and the determination buff started it became much easier.

So seems like it’s people trying to cheat the system making the system worse for everyone, shocking no?

1 Like

As more and more of the heroic, normal, and mythic raiders get tier there will be less players who actually do the fight doing it in LFR.

I downed him last week in LFR (went for my leg tier set and I got them). It wasn’t too bad, it only took up about 3 tries before he went down.

LFR Halondrus is fine. My guildmate and I went in as tanks and we one shot the entire LFR wing shrug It was my first time tanking even. Yes, a lot of people died but LFR is sort of tuned to where if at least 8-10 people survive, you can win.

1 Like

WHY YOU ATTACKING ME DUMBASS??? HAHAHAHHAHA

leaves

I can’t really blame them. It’s an hour + queue to do LFR as a DPS.

I’m a DPS and my queue was 13ish min.

No excuse really.

Halondrus is an easy boss on normal. I can’t believe it’s overtuned for LFR.

1 Like