Half the Playerbase is gone?

Did you read my post?

Chin up, if we’re lucky we’ll get 9.1 by July!

1 Like

Do they? if so wish they would than after -the -fact method we have here.

40% drop since November. That’s crazy

3 Likes

based off the amoutn of m+ group activity im seeing with communities dying the playerbase outside of raiding very dead

4 Likes

I dont know why we have to have this conversation every few months. The playerbase will always be a roller coaster, this is nothing new. Even if half the players quit recently, thats still a very healthy game.

The game has alot of issues, but its never as bad as people try to make it sound.

1 Like

Shadowlands is trash. I got 10 days left on my sub. Don’t even bother logging in anymore.

10 Likes

Doesn’t really surprise me. When you combine the normal drop off after an expansion launch as well as various in-game issues, most notably the loot situation, you are going to end up with a fairly sizable amount of people leaving.

Don’t even get me started on the entire covenant thing. I remember saying pretty explicitly that once this trash hit the live servers and people got past the shine of something new, the general populace would reject it.

8 Likes

Well the issue the that the title is “Almost HALF of WoW’s Playerbase is Gone” and the resulting picture screams to me “Using controversial topic and buzz words to get easy views.”

The reason why WoW is on that site and FFXIV and ESO are not is the same reason why Square Enix stock has remained relatively stagnant these last few days that despite the supposed Decline of WoW and the rise of FFXIV and other MMORPGs WoW still remains on the top by a longshot. Now when Square Enix’s starts to get near Blizzard’s or Vice Versa then I will worry.

1 Like

And to make things worse, 9.1 won’t even be here until like August.

3 Likes

Is that bad thing? I mean you guys complain about Blizzard taking too long to make content only to complain when content appears rushed. You need to make up your mind.

2 Likes

After having seen some servers in classic… I’m shocked at the amount of players. Never would have thought so many would still be playing classic. However retail feels like a different story. It’s not doing great.

1 Like

9 months of the first tier with the content we have now? Yes that’s a bad thing.

I can’t even remember the last time something like that happened.

Content taking too long and feeling/appearing rushed is a bad thing. And that’s what it’s felt like for years.

4 Likes

Blame YouTube. Their algorithm makes it so videos with thumbnails and titles like that perform significantly better, and thus make more money for the creators. It’s just how the platform works.

People want good content, and they want lots of regular content. Not too surprising. Even if it’s hard to pull off for devs.

Well you try making a game in the middle of a pandemic.

3 Likes

Yes specially when half your staff has to work at home because Covid makes it too dangerous for everyone to be at the office. We the players have to understand that things will be a bit slower because Blizzard needs to take care of the health and safety of their staff.

1 Like

This has been going on for longer than Shadowlands, bud.

2 Likes

Yes I have seen folks complain if what folks is saying is true and there is a mass exodus from WoW to other MMORPGs then the stock prices of those companies should reflect that.

This implies that the people who are making these “WoW is dead” or “I quit” threads represent a vocal but small part of the WoW community.

1 Like

Remember when they introduced the idea of covenants and tried to frame it as “the player agency you were asking for”?

And don’t forget that a lot of casuals used to do world quests as their end game. They now have way less to do.

11 Likes