Half the Playerbase is gone?

Warcraft Mobile will save the franchise, calling it now.

:iphone: :telephone_receiver:

2 Likes

It blows my mind that SL launched the way it did after all the feedback given to Blizzard about the game, Torghast, loot system etc. I mean, in the case of torghast, it looks like they took the player feedback and went in the opposite direction.

23 Likes

Mine legendaries from looking at them is like shooting into the air and it does nothing not even hit the ground.

No flight whistle and the way the MAW is designed is screaming at players to not play for extended periods of time.

On one hand that is healthy to do something else. But on the other hand it is also immersion breaking when you are trying to accomplish something at max level and be met with one gate after another. It is a fine line and difficult to hit the sweet spot.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

8 Likes

Why is OP flagged??

Seriously, you blizzard stans need to be more mature… General DISCUSSION about WoW.

28 Likes

I think you took “look” extremely literal.

My eyes don’t deceive me to often. Even a shield was nerfed if I were to even get it.

Yes, it has the effect on me of not wanting to play at all.

Maw is definitely a failure of a zone, designed by inexperienced/bad designers who plagiarized from Diablo 3.

11 Likes

Why would people stick around when other MMORPGs offer more for literally anybody who isn’t pushing IO/Rating/CE?

13 Likes

Torghast was actually good but it received the nerf bat by BlizZard.

PVE gearing was good but that too received a nerf bat late in the process.

I was okay with covenants/soul binds/legendaries receiving nerf bats respectively as it was all busted. If they pruned these rental systems and stuck with early PVE gearing from beta no one would have missed the rental systems.

Too much of the expansion is watered down. The time/reward ratios like WoD are way off.

2 Likes

Well a lot of the systems received the watering down because blizzard had no idea how to balance it across multiple specs, classes, roles, and game modes. The logical choice would have been to pull the ripcord and allow flexibilities. That would have bypassed the hassle of balance to a small extent.

But in typical blizzard fashion, they decided to nerf the content, in some cases like Conduits to meaninglessness. At this point, the old talent tree system was more meaningful, memorable and fun than conduits.

I don’t understand why they borked Torghast. Players enjoyed it on alpha. As i said, it seems like blizzard did the opposite of the alpha torghast feedback.

2 Likes

I’m going to straight up say that I don’t want the game to fail. I cherish the time I’ve played, and I’ll take my experiences with me (like all the cool character names I’ve come up with that I’ll use elsewhere for example).

But in a tough-love way, the power that be at Blizzard need a shock to the system and that means that if it requires World of Warcraft edging towards life support as it haemorrhages players; then so be it. My sub is close to running out, and I’d be semi-content to play through old content and meticulously complete 10+ years of old missed quests.

I can’t, in good conscience hand over my money though.

15 Likes

Farming stygia in beta was more reasonable too.

Being able to choose how to farm stygia was a great way to give some player agency. Right now stygia is too throttled.

Anima being throttled is bad too but for separate reasons.

2 Likes

Why you want us to leave? I’m stubborn at my age. I been through three games already this one is my last.

Given how they painted themselves in a corner with front loading all these rental systems they made the right decisions to water the rental systems down.

But they should have ramped up the rewards for gear, anima, stygia, etc to keep players invested.

Right now players are not feeling growth, progressions or investment whether we are talking about rental systems, gold, or gear.

2 Likes

I’m afraid they just don’t care about the game at this point. If it gets to that stage, they will leave it on life support and siphon whatever scant money wow fans give them from those subs to other projects.

5 Likes

It seems that they have mostly ignore beta feedback.

My pet theory is that the beta is to see where the frustration level for players is. For example: players will quit when their frustration level hits 80%, therefore they need to make sure that the quests et al, will not make the frustration exceed 78%.

7 Likes

Ignore it, it will go away? Man I’ve learned a lot about a sample size of people on these forums. Your post is ignored now hilarious. Oh man such stimulation seeing how people react to things.

More like Siri directions to more fun .

Siri : Turn Lef Recalculating make a righ Recalculating

1 Like

I mean, there isn’t much to do anymore and there is nothing really on the horizon… What do you expect?

3 Likes