Half the Playerbase is gone?

It is Horde won imho.

5 Likes

They’ve done neither. Kek.

2 Likes

Replay value in older content is tanking because they are treating older expansions as standalone, time limited “experiences”.

But WoW is a MMORPG you should be able to go back and be able to play older content for the most part and not have entire segments removed from the game.

And scaling added on top of that and you have a situation where WoW loses its luster as a living MMORPG with an expanded world.

FOMO with standalone rental systems driving these stand alone expansions is not a good long term strategy for WoW.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

27 Likes

The Dev team is really bad. They need to be replaced with a new direction.

At this point I’m most concerned Shadowlands failure will impact Classic TBC as the dev team justifies their necessity by interfering with a classic release.

35 Likes

Its only going to get worse as the player base has to wait another 4-6 months .1…

2 Likes

Horrible Class balance, combined with bugs, little to no quests, bad dailies, non balanced covenants, broken pvp, time gating everything, systems on systems…the list goes on.

This has to play a large part

26 Likes

i mean i have 84 friends on my bnet. 3 of them are playing wow but one of those is on classic. Another is using the wow companion app.

I’ll check again in a few hours to see if that changes much

3 Likes

I have said this many times but there are too many restrictions/rules.

BlizZard is trying to control the player experience with drip fed content on rigid time tables but it is not working.

A return of player agency and choice is important. They took big steps returning PVP gear vendors and not making world quests mandatory for the most part.

But there are a lot of big steps still needed to give back player agency and how to progress in WoW.

16 Likes

For example the GCD changes they forced into WoW hasn’t worked out. The capping of AoE hasn’t worked either. Waging a Crusade against anything account bound or anything that would help alts doesn’t make sense. Why take away replay value of their own content and game they put so much time into to develop for us?

None of these were an issue unless we are talking about PVP. And even then the tuning can be different if swifty macros were an issue in PVP.

They are trying to solve problems that don’t exist while ignoring QoL issues they can easily address. Chasing windmills there are indeed!

15 Likes

I’m usually against the doomsayers, and I have particularly blocked Bellular from my youtube feed, but I’ve noticed two things this week:

1. MUCH fewer groups for M+ in LFG.
  2. HALF of the AH traffic I usually get (from ~2 million daily revenue to ~1 million).

I don’t know if half the players are gone, but there’s a hell of a lot less players since this week. There might have been a lot of people whose subs just ran out.

16 Likes

how so?

/10char

1 Like

To be fair, I can’t trust anything to come out of Bellular’s mouth to be unbias.

He’s basically had a personal vendetta against Blizzard ever since they squashed his idea to sell an addon that voiced over all of their quests and stuff.

2 Likes

They spent so much dev time on the squish (which still has a bunch of broken parts) and new complex systems (that many players don’t enjoy) that they’re now pulling back on a lot of the fun and content they used to provide.

I think it’s amazing that they stopped doing tier sets because “tier bonuses were too hard to balance” and then made legendaries, soulbinds and conduits that they’re having to balance every other day.

37 Likes

I’m surprised they can still type with the sweat that would be pooling onto their keyboard.

4 Likes

It’s accurate in my experience, most of my friends are gone only a few raid guilds are left active atm, some of my friends said they will be back for 9.1 though.

5 Likes

Pfft. People have been banging that drum for legit WoW’s entire running span. If WoD’s 6.2 Year of the Apexis grind didn’t kill it, its invincible.

1 Like

When you see my realm(Stormrage) seeing XR in all outdoor zones, there’s a problem.

4 Likes

Is it complicated though? You get locked into a covenant, pick between 3-4 conduits and…that’s it. Oh yeah go pick a legendary that looks cool and earn resources by spamming the same 1 player dungeons 2 times a week.

That’s nothing hahaha

3 Likes

Honestly most people are waiting for gearing loot changes for PVE.

I don’t blame them because PVE gearing wasn’t bad in early systemlands beta. The bait and switch came late.

5 Likes

In a way though I’m kind of glad this is happening. It is unfortunate but blizzard really does only pay attention when they start to lose revenue.

While I am enjoying the game overall I find it way too grindy as people have mentioned. Assuming the time metric theories are true they might have to rethink their approach on what’s deemed a successful expansion.

Quality time with + subscription or quantity time with whales?

6 Likes