Half Elf Thread

I see what you mean but still compared to high elves I believe void elves are more deserving of lore compared to them since so far (Even though we have had some good backstory regarding them with BFA) their lore still doesn’t match up to any of their normal, or AR counterparts.

Think about it, Void Elves could very well be the Next High Elves, given some development. Who knows, maybe they could make “half-elves” in their image too.

2 Likes

I personally don’t see why they couldn’t be paladins :slight_smile:. I’d assume the human cultural part could very well teach them the light, etc. I feel the given classes they could probably be would be

• Mage

• Hunter

• Rogue

• Paladin

• Priest

• Monk

• Warrior

(Pardon if I’m missing any other class that could be a possibility, those are just the classes off the top of my head.)

I do agree, I personally actually very much like Void elves :slight_smile:, and no where do I think they should be taken off of the lore spotlight with the idea of Half-elves, I just think it’d be cool to have as a much more realistic option later in WoW due to people being with whoever they choose, etc.

I find it actually kind of frustrating that we don’t really know much about the Void elves. For example, how are they made, how are they picked, what are things that could influence them… why can they be monks (that’s just a personal gripe since I feel like personally it doesn’t make sense given the two things but that doesn’t need to be given lore :stuck_out_tongue:). Can they procreate and make other void babies and that’s how they make more? So many questions :sob:.

1 Like

Indeed, possibly warlock added to that list, would change my Draenei paladin to a half elf in a heartbeat. Maybe this mage too.

1 Like

Haha, yeah I feel like if I could have this as an allied race I’d probably race change quite a good number of my alliance. I suppose warlock would also work too, I forgot about them also lol. I think the only real classes that don’t make sense is Druid and Shaman really. And Death knights obviously since Blizz stated they wouldn’t give DKs to Allied Races :confused: .

I would only play one if the other half was Gnome. How great would that be? I would stuff one and put it on my bed!

So, Anti High Elf people are not allowed to voice their disdain because it triggers you, but you come here and try to paint your Pro High ELF agenda as the only viable request and that’s suddenly good?.

Stop messing with the OP, let them ask what they want, I mean, you have been doing it for a while, at least they’re respecting other people request unlike you guys.

4 Likes

LOL I won’t lie I feel like that’d be weird to see, though funny nonetheless. I can only imagine an extremely small (puntable) person with pointy ears running around.

I agree, the good part about them is that they left a blank canvas for lore to be worked on for them, and besides there’s nothing in lore that says that they can’t do that. with other normal races.

1 Like

I definitely agree with that part, I feel like it sort of opens up a big avenue for the possibilities for all races and what it means to be a void-user. Sigh heres to hoping they actually start putting in more stuff about lore for all races :sob:… Maybe not so much as the MR but…AR yes.

I personally don’t find it reasonable to ask for a simple little hybrid race when there are far more races that could be looked into being playable and other races that have been demanded for far longer than me coming up with the idea last night in the middle of raid :stuck_out_tongue:. Plus, I understand the gripe with so many elves in the current game, and feel it’d be nice to have a lot more races made before other elven races get put in again.

3 Likes

Tisk tisk.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant sub-races*

1 Like

I was giving my input on how I think half elves should be implemented. I think it would make more sense for them to be a customization option combined with high elves because they likely would be the result of high elf and human couples.

This way, we get the high elf and half elf option for the alliance, in one AR, so it’s not using up two spots and both requests will be fulfilled. There’d be no more threads requesting either of them at that point.

1 Like

While this was not directed to me in any way it is quite easy to see if a players forum character is their main or not as based on said characters non account-wide achievements in comparison to their other characters. (or I know it was prior to the current forums) .

I’m aware, but the person I was speaking to was using a guess that the person mains Horde and has zero investment in Alliance to somehow act like a victim, which is stupid.

Edit: All the OP has done was propose an idea. The person I was speaking to has looked for every excuse in the book to snap unnecessarily. Which is also stupid.

4 Likes

From my count there are a total of 4 named Half Elves in the Warcraft universe that are considered as cannon
Alodi (the first Guardian deceased)
Arator the Redeemer
Galadin & Giramar
any other than these which are named are from the RPG and not considered as cannon. but then neither was Medan at one time so who knows if they will make the ones from the RPG offical to WoW or not.

On the topic of this discussion, we can assume there are more half elves out there because of the comment Elisande makes toward Vereesa. That being that the high elves muddy up their blood lines by “mingling with lesser races”.

1 Like

Not only this, but I mention above somewhere that I do believe Kalec’s “intended” mate was also in the guise of a half-elf making that six, as she is actually canon in the live game and can be found in TBC :slight_smile:. I at least believe I remember her vaguely as a half-elf, but she was most definitely some form of elf at that.

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

I like the idea. they can use the human model with pointy ears, so cute * - *
Half elves could finally give alliance elves paladins, it’s something we really need.

1 Like

Gonna be honest, don’t see how Half-elves are such a problem, or how it’s not at all plausible or equal to the idea of high elves as much as you people seem to think. :woman_shrugging:

Edit :

Technically I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of Night elf Paladins, as long as it’s clear the type of paladin a night elf is, is one under Elune’s guidance and not the light Humans use. It’s part of the reason why I want class/race spell colors to be implemented. That way it can be differentiated and understood that a night elf paladin isn’t one of the light but one under their deity. Like a priestess but in plate armor :slight_smile:

1 Like