HALF A PERCENT of players doing 10+ keys

People keep missing an important part here with the “moar gear”

I am at 612 and nearly out if ways to improve my gear outside of one vault item a week. 9s being required for crests to upgrade heroic gear is a bit crazy considering how hard they are and since 10s are a massive increase in difficulty… yeah. Look up how many timed 9s you need to max your myth track gear(assuming you get lucky with vault)

This all on top of nerfing tanks and healers and changing how stops work AND them making sure nearly every pack has at least one “wipe the group if not interrupted” cast to prevent big pulls… its just bad.

Fir an extra bit of wth? You can easily get over 600 from soloing delves. A 7 m+ isnt even close to the same difficulty as a t8 delve.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong, because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom added multiple layers of difficulty and completely swung the pendulum to the opposite end:

1. The dungeon mechanics are tuned to be fundamentally harder at the base level.
  2. 15 second penalty per death
  3. Tyrannical AND Fortified
  4. Dungeon timers across the board being shortened during beta tuning
  5. You lose the beneficial part of the Xal’atath’s affixes, they become purely detrimental
  6. And on top of all of that you essentially have double Tyrannical and Fortified
  7. Stops like stuns/fears/etc no longer have a short lockout

Sorry to all my raiding guilds, but I might hold my nose and do max one no-leaver +10 on each character each week. And I freely admit, I just suck at doing keys and have never liked M+. At least I am far from the only one struggling to do +9s and +10s in the main raid, so I guess I am forced to raid log like the bottom half of the main roster.

1 Like

Well, 12s are just flex territory and most people won’t see them anyway

1. They nerfed tanks self sustain ( this is a healer nerf as well)
  2. They changed how stops work requiring far more communication to get interrupts off properly
  3. Gear and crests are harder to get from M+

Add all these together and you have a massive difficulty spike from m0 to m+12. Just the affix changes are massive at 7, 10 and 12.

4 Likes

Mythic +++++++++++++++++ is just lazy programming and stupid. Every instance is just a gear check of your group to move up. Mythic raid is dumb with 20 players. My guild has 10 static and we don’t like to pug people. WoW is quickly leaving us behind and if there is a next, I am done. Especially after not making the class I wanted to play this round even viable for mythic +.

2 Likes

Your complaint makes sense if you have never played an MMO or WoW

I know this is a classic tinfoil hat post but based on all the ways to gear up for solo/casual players we’ve received this x-pac that’s a pretty spurious claim.

2 Likes

skill issue

353 741 characters doing +10s and higher
7 547 282 total characters doing any level of M+
goes up to 4.68% and if you round up around 5%

At least that’s my understanding.

It’s a bit different because SL s1 was mostly putting all the pressure on the tank while this feel a bit more equal. I don’t think it’s new to want the best loot to come from harder content but for sure I do expect people that liked M+ gear being easier to obtain to not like this kind of change and yes I do understand that most people dislike hard content.

To some point M+ was always advertised as premade content I think it’s fine to feel that if you were in a premade that it would be much better, I think it’s fair that content that reward the best gear require some level of coordination and be punishing. But like I’ve said in other thread I think the problem for me is that +10s currently simply take more time because of tyr+fort so I would like the great vault to be reduced to doing 5 or 6 weekly instead of 8 M+.

This morning I pugged 5 M+10 on my brewmaster, the first wasn’t timed but with the 2nd group it worked and we did 3 more keys together and we timed them all even a grim batol. So it is definitely something that will be doable but you might want to stick or add people with who you had a good M+ with.

1 Like

People are just being really picky. I queue as healer with a tank friend, then I get invited since tanks are an endangered species right now apparently.

3 Likes

You could go with the easier options of Silken court on heroic or mythic raid.

That’s because 10s in DF are tyrannical and fortified at the same time.

Blizzard basically make 10 keys play out like 13 keys with the reward of a DF 7 key.

The devs got greedy and wanted to extend subscription durations by stiffing loot in m+.

They also still haven’t put myth track drops into high keys. They’re griefing players into touching the terrible mythic id lockout system that’s not worth it for mythic raiding by making m+ worse.

3 Likes

I have like 15 of them im not sure where i got them from lol

More like they wanted to drag out subscriptions artificially more and took players for granted. Also that wow token boost money goes brrrr since too many people wanna credit card swipe and blizzard just needs to do things like grief m+ reward structure to steer people into whaling tokens more.

4 Likes

I think you haven’t played wow long enough or MMOs to truly understand what made them great in the first place.

That’s called time gating and it makes sense. This game has always time gated and pretty much done it to every aspect of the game.

You know what would really ruin the player experience?
Is if Blizzard couldn’t afford to run the game anymore and had to shut down.

So time gating is just one of the mechanics/tools they use to try and survive.

I’m not white knighting for them but I do know that while they have made a lot of money from this game, it’s not exactly inexpensive to maintain or build upon.
They have to eat, live, provide for their families just as we do.
All this comes into play so I try not to fault them too much for it.
It’s just how life works.

I started in EverQuest in 1999.

I started WoW in TBC.

Please dont do this “I am gonna dismiss you because I will pretend you are a new player”

You hate WoW. I get it.

Its just weird how you still hang around. When I dislike something as much as you dislike WoW, I move on.

Welfare is bad…. Old school m+ was just wow’s version of being on the dole.

Apparently, I have been in wow for 20+ years now. So, I probably don’t hate it, I hate lazy programming and the cheapness that corporate WoW has become.

I would rather have welfare. This pay to win thing produces the worst players. They are great at getting herbs though.

2 Likes