HALF A PERCENT of players doing 10+ keys

Your perspective is skewed - your 4/8M in raid - you have access to gear that allows you and likely your groups to over perform. The vast majority of us do not. We liked S3 & S4 better - it was easier, we liked that the game was accessible and fun, right now it isnt for us.

Glad your enjoying the top 1%

3 Likes

Probably from Delver Bounty. You get like 3 per map.

Good thing the gear I get from my vault doing delves is nearly as good, and light years better than I need

No, the new system makes it so you don’t want to participate in the harder content at all because there is no hope of progression outside of waiting for your vault. A +3 and +9 drops the same gear track. That’s so laughably dumb it defies belief. An 8/9 don’t even have a difference in drops. laugh. out. loud.

The gear progression basically soft caps at ~606, and is pretty much a hard cap at ~613 when you’ve maxed out your upgrades. Players have no recourse to improve their gear without doing the hardest available content that is nigh impossible in pugs. If you do manage to do while being undergeared, you’re finally getting the gear you’re supposed to have to complete the highest tier content, but I’ve already ran it at that point, so what’s the point in the gear?

This M+ system has been a complete failure that everybody saw a mile away, and as a result of that and delves you’re seeing 30% drops in participation in it as a result.

6 Likes

This is mostly true and I won’t disagree with that and what you are saying about getting more gear will also happen for other people over time but slower and this is kinda the point.

And I’ve also said that I didn’t disagree with that, a lot of people do not like hard content and making M+ harder will certainly be less popular at least in the short term until people gear gets high enough.

You should be able to upgrade at minimum up to 619 with heroic crest, doing the heroic raid for the 2 last bosses might interest you if doing +9+10s seems impossible as they also reward mythic track crest.

If people are doing delves they are still playing wow and I think it’s fair that delve has a playerbase that is now less interested with M+. The same thing happened to raids when they added M+ as m+ was an easier way to get heroic raid ilvl gear most of the time as M+ wasn’t weekly capped.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should throw delves into this equation. Let’s imagine delves didn’t exist we would be in the same place with there being too big of a gap between heroic dungeons and m0’s and then the same gear progression you mentioned.

1 Like

…no? Just check my char right now. I have 75 crests left to work with, and nowhere to spend them unless I waste them on champ track gear. If I did, that’s 4 upgrades, and that’s not getting me anywhere near 619. You could potentially hit 619 if you get extremely lucky with dungeon drops in a 7 or something, but that isn’t a norm most people will run into.

I have 3 tanks, and they’ve all hit the same road block. So have my buddies on their toons.

If people are doing delves they are still playing wow and I think it’s fair that delve has a playerbase that is now less interested with M+. The same thing happened to raids when they added M+ as m+ was an easier way to get heroic raid ilvl gear most of the time as M+ wasn’t weekly capped.

They are less interested because M+ is a failure that nobody wants to put up with.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. I only mention delves because it is another game mode that is far more rewarding and less punishing and so that removes players from the M+ pool.

You only save 15 crests if you upgrade heroic track gear at 1/6. It’s not that much.

Target dummy dungeon with no mechanics and mythic loot would be the most popular thing for a week, then wow goes into decline because gear is removed as an incentive to play.

1 Like

You will be able to get more crests each week. What you have now is not the end of it. Seasons generally last 5 to 7 months, I get people want to rush but systems arent made with this in mind.

1 Like

You will be able to get more crests each week. What you have now is not the end of it. Seasons generally last 5 to 7 months, I get people want to rush but systems arent made with this in mind.

Why would I run a dungeon now though when I can’t get the item I need(crests) to improve my gear?

Rush isn’t the right word, it’s more like wanting to actively play the game. Right now, you are railroaded into constant negative reinforcement that tells you the best course of action is to simply log off the game and wait for your vault to spawn.

You can’t possibly think it makes sense to drop the same gear track from a +3 to a +9, with actual drops only improving every 2 key upgrades.

If they wanted to keep with that logic, then at the very least each key upgrade should upgrade tthe hero track, with a +9 capping your hero gear at 8/8, or throw a bone and not have a crest cap to at least give an incentive that you can improve your gear up to a point indefinitely.

Why should people raid if it offers n o upgrades?

+3 also doesn’t give heroic.

Sorry, 4 to 9, 3 to 9 in vault.

Why should people raid if it offers n o upgrades?

They don’t, outside of helping their counterparts upgrade their gear so that that can progress. Also added small bonuses like enchant formulas, etc. You can’t do that in M+. You’re hard stuck at 613 drops and then capped on your crests…

Why do you care about vault if you’re against the concept of weekly rewards?

Did 3 10’s today 1 bricked 2 completed at 615ilvl rest of group was similar (612-616ish)

I didn’t say I was against weekly rewards literally anywhere. Weekly rewards are only in the game because the drop system is so terrible in the first place. Getting rid of that would just make it worse.

Weekly rewards are in the game to motivate people to get better instead of just moar gear.

Blizzard literately has the race to world first that is absolutely opposite of your statement. M+ are a race. The game is a race.

The way the game is setup is to consume the content as fast as possible, get gear as fast as possible, get IO as fast as possible.

unfortunately, forever. Maybe some executive likes it.

If you say so. 60 lvls, over 20 progressive dungeons, leading to brd and brs. But, yeah, nothing to do.