Hair of color blonde and brown for the Void Elves please

Not model, character design. The idea that her character could be described as blonde, with pointy elvish ears, and with a blue face tatoo.

I do not claim that the game devs had a model in the WoW engine in 1995. This is also nonsensical.

No matter how much wishful thinking is involved on who ever has the POV you’re describing a VE is never going to be a HE in the same sense BEs are you’re a Void Elf.

That is your narrative unique to the Alliance flavor of Thalassian.

2 Likes

I love Alexstrasza so much, like legit she is my favorite WoW character. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

He’s right about this, though. We are void elves, and will never be high elves.

1 Like

Alleria looks like a recolored version of Sylvanas when she came out as a copy of Alextrasza basically. Which, if I remember correctly, happened at the same time (Alex’s and Sylv’s models coming out).

Now, that sure sounds like unique character design…

No, you simply assume that they’d stick to a small low res portrait from WC2 and that they always considered her while working on other things.

2 Likes

Sounds like you just described 90% of the blood elf charecters there tbh.

Also, isn’t all farstriders like that? Does that mean all farstriders are copies of each other???

2 Likes

Yes, they are. That was a limitation in WC2. Only leader units were unique.

But that does not matter.

The point is that, Mid claims that the model that is in wow game for Alleria is a recolor of the model that is in wow game for Sylvannas.

I claim that the design of the character of Alleria was done first.

The model is a copy, the character is not.

Timmy was a high elf.

Oh no! The Scourge ate his people.

Timmy started calling himself a blood elf to honor the fallen. Also joined the Horde.

Oh no! Timmy started The Forbidden Research and now he’s exiled at an unclear point in the timeline.

Oh no! Timmy has been infused with Void! Well, whatever, guess Timmy’s joining the Alliance.

We’re continuing on with the story of Timmy and his mishaps.

2 Likes

Timmy has a void-tinged substance. And substance is essence, so he has a void-tinged essence. Because he now has a different essence, he is now essentially different than before.

Sylv’s model had been in game longer then alleria, so if we use this as our logic, alleria would indeed be a copy of sylvannis.

Convenient.

Because it is. I’ve seen the model in Blender, she looks exactly the same with a different color palette.

No, you just assume that it was done first.

You have no way of knowing this. And seeing how character design usually works in video games, that’s not how it works.

EDIT: I should be preparing dinner… why do I keep messing up with my priorities? Plus I know he’ll bring up “But the Romans!” thing again and I’m about to pop a blood vessel.

2 Likes

Yes Alleria’s model is a copy of Sylvanna’s model.

Let me make it clear: The tridimensional object that depicts Alleria in game is a copy of the model that depicts Sylvannas, in game.

The idea of Alleria is not identical to the tridimensional object that is in the game engine. The model was done after Alleria was designed. The Alleria-idea, comes before, and could not have been copied from the Sylvannas-idea.

The ontological digital object that appears in game is different than the design of the character. This is pretty much as clear as it gets.

Yup!

But it’s still a continuation of the same story.

Timmy is essentially different. But he’s still Timmy. Who is not very lucky or good at choices.

1 Like

Mid: You think I claim that the tridimensional object Alleria was designed before the tridimensional object Sylvannas. This is not my claim.

Alleria had a look, a name, in other words, a design, before Sylvannas had a design. To counter a statement with a different statement is also nonsensical.

This is like saying: Well, they printed the New Testament first, so I guess the Old Testament copied it.

And then someone says" The Old Testament is older".

And you say “But this New Testament was printed first”.

I think Atraxios is arguing that Alleria was designed first, and then Sylvanas to look like her.

Midare is arguing that Sylvanas had a WoW model first and Alleria’s WoW model (not her statue) was designed to look like her.

…both are true…

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I can die understood!

But do you have a source of the idea that alleria was designed first? Otherwise We would have to assume the models existence in game is what came first or not, and sylvannis model in game was from before legion. The only difference is the gear she has on (may have changed I do not remember right)

1 Like

Also Timmy realized that void corruption is not something that goes away after a few days of applying lotion and not sleeping on his back.

It was a tough realization for Timmy.

Anyway, food.

4 Likes

The game Tides of Darkness has a design of Alleria, with her current color scheme and characteristics. I can’t paste a photo here.

Yup! Timmy is having a hard time!