Hair of color blonde and brown for the Void Elves please

With a different director and/or writer who knew how to do that kind of story without Cheesey lines…

I think it would have been extremely good.

They’re on the whole not bad but executed poorly.

Be easier to just have blizzard answer the question of how we get more.

Have an NPC scenario play out showing scholars and wayfarers going through a ritual that turns them into proper void elves.

Randomize the outcome using all current options.

This.

I don’t think they’re canon either. At least we don’t see evidence of it.

Blood elves got at least one npc with their new option.

Void elves didn’t get any.

1 Like

Oh we big agree, and I am fine with the VE options being RP tools indefinitely but for the people that keep asking for story, I think it should only be done in a way that solidifies current VE options, a lot of people pitch their story ideas on how they’ll finally finesse natural hair colors and that isn’t a story I think VEs will be getting or should be getting if they get story it should be moving them in a direction that lets the confused people in the room know their Void Elves. It’s part of why I want Alleria changed I feel like its an organic path for that story while giving people story.

EDIT: I wanted to add there used to be so many people who just “would love VEs so much if they could have come from former Alliance HEs”, they have the RP tools but lets say they still want that story confirmation, if its done in a way that shows Alleria as more Void / some story with possible new VEs showing some void effects (like their current in game hair options for example) they would get that story but it would answer beyond a doubt the issue of natural hair colors. I noticed how many people don’t need that “story” anymore it really was just about looking like a BE for many people.

Really in that situation they would be getting what they always asked for from the perspective of former Alliance HEs, I don’t see the story going in any direction but Void anyways, not these wild ideas of “the SC and VEs can be shown together side by and HEs are a sub race of VEs” those story ideas are the ones a lot of people will use to justify the hair options they want that VEs shouldn’t get :confused:

2 Likes

As someone who once made that claim as well, I can say for me.

I have the confirmation I needed already. (hence why I focus my efforts on Void Elves and their Void Aspects) Its also why I don’t mind using this skintone on this character despite my fervor in asking for more void options.

I think I’ve mentioned before but he was once a member of the SC, left them after the purge…

It was the sudden reversal of many Helf-pro folk when skin tones came out who had previously said they’d be fine with just that that widely made me stop supporting their interests.

2 Likes

Uh…

Well, it’s as cannon as blood elves with black hair, or trolls with body paint, or worgen with three colored fur…

I haven’t seen any worgen NPCs using the new options, or new tauren with hair flowers.

4 Likes

The thing is, none of those have any cultural, or narrative implications regarding those races. Seeing a tauren with a flower in their hair, or a worgen with a different patterned fur isn’t implying anything new within their narratives, It’s the difference between brushing their hair from the left, or from the right. It’s the same reason why we saw Paladin Tauren NPCs when players gained access to the class. To demonstrate and solidify their presence to the players within the world.

The Blue eye customization for Blood Elves has similar implications regarding their story, and evolving relationship with magic and the Sunwell, just as Void elves with fair skin would also come with it’s own narrative implications. It’s pretty evident they intentionally decided to demonstrate these new customizations exclusively with the Blood elves because they already have narrative precedent within the world, and make sense.

3 Likes

They can easily update that when they change the NPC’s for High Elves on Alliance side to be Void Elf NPC’s and void infuse Alleria to look and be what she should be currently.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree, there are lore compliant explanations for fair skinned Void Elves as well as if/when normal hair options come into the picture.

Blizzard didn’t just put those High Elves in the starter hub for fun, they deliberately designed it to show that High Elves are joining. All customization options are canon, or else they wouldn’t have been added in the first place. It’s safe to assume that when you play as a fair skinned, and/or eventually a normal haired, Void Elf you are playing as a new member.

If that wasn’t the case, there would be Void Elves being manifested from nothing. I can’t find the source, but it’s supposedly been said that the Void Elves are a small and elite force (something like that, feel free to correct me on the specifics of the line). If they were never creating more then it wouldn’t make sense for players to make more and more. It’s the entire reason, as I said, for why Blizzard actively shows NPCs entering the hub to join.

Also, as for the claim that they’re not recruiting. This isn’t entirely correct.

"They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

That is the direct quote. Not only is “necessarily” used, but it also essentially is saying that they’re welcoming others in which is exactly what’s shown in game. Additionally, recruiting can also mean actively seeking out new members which doesn’t apply if new members are coming on their own.

Lastly, they don’t need to change any High Elf NPCs or Alleria. :man_shrugging:

Also another quote:
“What is the process for choosing what sort of customization options each race gets? We’ve seen a steady stream of updates for each race, with some updated over several months such as Orcs getting their fist round in April and then another round today in July. Are some races revisited to add more options pending community feedback?”

"We try to make choices for race customization that are appropriate for their race, ie Night Elf hairstyles and ornamentation core to their fantasy. "

Also another quote that shows Blizzard is open to expanding more normal options to Void Elves:
“We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.”

5 Likes

Devs have to make that choice. When they do, it will be seriously over analyzed. But the ball is in their court.

Edit: For example, what is Caledra Dawnbreeze doing just chilling in Stormwind keep. Is she into the void? Is she a veteran high elven ranger that never gave up on the idea?

3 Likes

It’s obviously a deliberate choice – like orc tattoos. Something Blizzard felt needed to be added for the story they wanted to tell.

1 Like

This is really the only part of all of what you said that I feel needed anything to be addressed and so I’ll say that’s your opinion and I disagree so writing the little mini book you didn’t isn’t going to make me change my mind or stop saying it and I’m sure it’s the same for others that feel they should be changed and she should be updated so not sure what else to tell you.

Looks like she is just there to detect stealthies.

2 Likes

…I disapprove.

I spend a lot of time loitering stealthed in Ogrimmar and Stormwind on my druid and rogue, respectively.

I think Blizzard needs to make sure and clarify this. Otherwise its just an assumption. Even if its probably a truthful one. Without some npc saying it or some npc scenario clearly showing it, we can only make guesses.
There will always be room for someone to say “where is the proof”?

I believe it was “Crack Elite Squad”. It was an interview but I cant locate it right now either.

Do they enter?

We have the Scholars and Wayfareres there, and that one Void Elf Npc seemingly talking to some high elves in the mages district, but I’ve not seen anyone moving around or going through/coming from portals or anything.

I do agree with this.

While I wouldn’t be against it entirely, its not something I think should be done without sensible lore for it.

Now if they want to show more and more High Elves joining the Void Elves and going through a ritual like the one I’ve often suggested making them Void Elves and have other high elves head home to Quel’thalas, I’m all there for that.

Retroactively changing high elves for no reason makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

Telogrus Rift is also the only place where all thalassian are represented. And a natural meeting place to avoid bringing the void to close to Silvermoon.

3 Likes

Night elf model for the Nightborne please

3 Likes

Thats…amusingly true…

Less sure about your meaning here?

No one is there to parlay or anything.

I’m oddly in the boat of wanting the current nightborne model just modified a bit.

I like their more lanky appearance personally.

That said I’m also all for more than one model for a race.

So sure.

1 Like

Like, a blood elf from Silvermoon could maybe visit their cousin in Telogrus. It doesn’t seem like they can never leave.

4 Likes

If we had actual Night Elf model we could copy/paste things like they have with Void Elves from Blood Elves and as someone that feels Nightborne have been shafted in that department it would be a very big improvement.

1 Like

Although I guess Suramar can also work. And players can actually go there.

4 Likes

Ah I got you.

I don’t see why not. Currently we’re at peace after all.

Aye.

I don’t mind sharing night elf customizations.

Nightborne could use more variety.

I do genuinely like the lankier model though.

Just don’t like how much they leeeaaannn.

3 Likes