Hair of color blonde and brown for the Void Elves please

Isn’t their claim to this, Some guy on twitter said there was a poll, so it must be true. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

BE had a literal different colour of eyes. Ergo, they are no longer HE.

Am I doing this right?

So if the VE turn their back on the Void, they will again become HE.

The Alliance have HE.

/thread

1 Like

An ex-dev said in his book that he had a ‘vague’ memory of there having been a poll of chinese players. But the point is even if that were true the creation of Blood Elves on the Horde wasn’t decided on for that one reason. I guess it’s hard for some people to look at the bigger picture…or the preponderance of evidence. :thinking:

3 Likes

Sims? I think thatt was his name. Google it. An article from the Guardian should be one of the first three results.

In the interview he also admits that all the devs (at the time) played Horde.

These are just the facts, ma’am.

Well they already had elves. They were just on the wrong faction. So they wrote some lame story about defection or betrayal or something and voila!

I will never know why people reference that as an argument anyway especially in this day and age, I mean to me it just sounds racist every time someone brings it up and is like well chinese players, chinese players, chinese players and it’s like really that’s uncalled for and that’s regardless if it’s true or not.

3 Likes

The people that keep passing that story around like it’s the only reason Blood Elves are Horde are just salty, imo.

5 Likes

In my experience people who don’t get the big picture get cropped out.

2 Likes

here’s a look at a blizzcon 2005 panal done that talks about Blood Elves.

1 Like

No…

The eye colors are based off the magic they are in close proximity to or utilize.

This has been explained in lore.

Blood changing color is a direct indicator that they’ve been physically changed.

They… Can’t?

They’ve been changed directly by the void… You… You played through the unlock scenario right?

Can you provide a link?

I can’t locate it using the information you provided.

5 Likes

The blood elves fans need not worry. There is a distinction more important than any other and the only one that matters. one is on the alliance and the other on the horde.

I see no reason why this petty scrawble must continue. Why can’t we just give players what they want? and no denying others what they want in this game is a legitimate “what players want”

3 Likes

Blood elves wanting to keep what is left of their visual distinction is legitimate.

10 Likes

Blizzard has never done this and won’t ever do it because they aren’t going to cater to every person in this game because each person might have some stuff they want the same as someone else but realistically we are all different people and in turn we all want different things.

5 Likes

It’s literally so wild to me that such importance can be placed on what you or people who request along with you want, but you and so many others fail to realize the visual distinction argument holds weight. At the very bare minimum you do understand what you’re actively asking for is what BE players place value on as well?

The difference is the world doesn’t revolve around the HE request or it’s distinctive and memorable in both behavior and attitude requesters. You’ve been appeased to BE fans/players detriment.

Yet you view and or phrase your continued request that rests entirely on your own inability to make due with RP tools at your disposal and you place that in the lap of BE players valuing visual distinction to say that their wants don’t matter? Who are you to say that?

8 Likes

Because “something something my feelings visual distinction cause of your cosmetic choice that affects me somehow”.

I might as well start using this excuse to deny people anything really.

6 Likes

It’s funny that I didn’t get this sort of “understanding” attitude from the HE crowd when I was requesting Blue eyes for Blood elves all these years, instead I was berated and harassed about wanting what others felt should be “exclusive” to a race that wasn’t even playable to them.

I don’t think you understand what the word “distinction” means if you don’t understand how making a carbon copy of a race effects players.

8 Likes

The importance of faction “distinction” is your opinion, and not a universal one. Also, we already have a dual-faction race. Bending one already mostly carbon-copied race into an entirely carbon-copied race would just be ridiculous. Having Void Elves was bad enough.

I agree. Alliance High Elf zealots need to stop.

Because the game has a story and a vision and players don’t dictate the content. Players want playable Ogres, Seth’rakk, Murlocs, Gilblins, Kobolds, Troggs, whatever race Hogger is, and more. Players want race/class restrictions removed. Players want 2H Rogues. Players want Void Elf Paladins. Players want Night Elf Paladins. Players want Pandaren Demon Hunters. Players want third factions. Players want factions removed. Players want Frostmourne. Players real-world politics and religions applied as in-game events. And then there are also players that don’t want any number of these.

Is a demonstrably asinine philosophy for a multiplayer game. Any game for that matter. If this happened, WoW would be a fortnite cesspool. You want to get everything you want? Create your own game.

3 Likes

No! Go back to the mega thread. Be gone with you!

No. I want more emo colors. Purples, dark pinks, black with green, green with black. More emo elves.

2 Likes

I don’t think you understand what a carbon copy is. Hiding behind “visual distinction” as an excuse to deny someone a hair color is absurd.

A hair color is something anyone could change. Sure the eye colors, jewelry, tattoos, etc. Things that define a race seem reasonable, but a hair color…really.

I’ve even suggested human hair colors but apparently belfs have ownership over hair colors that aren’t even theirs as well? And what’s the excuse? “Muh visual theme”

Which is why I say that I might as well just use that excuse whenever I don’t want someone to have something for no reason. Seems reasonable enough yeah?

4 Likes