Hair of color blonde and brown for the Void Elves please

There’s Void black options, but a true natural hair toned jet black still isn’t available on Void Elves.

1 Like

Later today I’ll play with character creation for female void elves and see what the teal looks like, then be back with what I find out in regards to whether it looks like black hair or not :joy:

What exactly is “void black” hair color? Is it an actual black hair color? Then Alleria must have “void blond” hair color.

5 Likes

its not teal. you can google ‘teal’ right now and compare it to my hair(lol). anyway maybe void elves arent your thing, if you want a more natural look blood elves are there for you too

2 Likes

Alleria should be updated to reflect the Void Elves she leads I agree.

1 Like

It’s dark teal with dark tips.

Void Elf players do not have a true black hair color but the NPCs do.

5 Likes

Enjoy. Try it out in a few different places and you’ll see what I mean with the lighting.

I do think it’s a lot harder to see it as black black and not dark teal on female toons than it is on male ones but for some it can fit that niche just fine.

And color theory wise it’s technically a black as they would define it. But we’re not color theorists…

Though I love color theory.

Wasn’t it you who used to say VEs weren’t recruiting?

Just curious I just saw you pop up and recalled.

Isnt it interesting RP tools were introduced but we still have 0 comments on those wayfarers, really affirms RP tools I think if done properly story can be done to ensure visual distinction remains in place for people who value that while giving the HE community one last thing but in the form of story as opposed to more options they arguably shouldn’t have but give them more (void) options they arguably should have :hugs:

1 Like

How off topic…

Actually it was Blizzard in an interview.

We are still asking for lore additions for Void Elves. Right now they are stuck in time and are basically a dead end race.

Recruiting and/or joining the High Elves would be the best thing for them going forward. Establishing them in the world with the High Elves and showing them actually having a future with the Alliance. And would be the most logical step.

4 Likes

Really? It came up organically earlier.

But anyways you find the idea of VEs off topic in this thread? I mean technically you are requesting more BE options so I mean are you confirming it’s a HE thread? Curious?

So you think VEs are your cue in for Alliance HEs correct?

That’s odd you’ll always be a VE though where as BEs are HEs and HEs are returning home.

I don’t think as much has been done in your favor already a single thing warrants expanding this ARs secondary visual themes RP tools.

More unique options for both moving forward.

1 Like

It’s off topic because it’s not what I was talking about.

The rant is unnecessary.

It’s pretty much confirmed. They are going the route of new races/subraces through customizations now. And new Void Elves are yet to be confirmed.

We are losing out on Mounts/Racials/Voices/Heritage Armor but given that Heritage Armor isn’t even being made for core races anymore it’s not something I would expect.

Really starting to hope they scrap Allied Races and just make the subrace system on existing races.

There’s not really anything stopping it atm. Except for Blizzard not working on customizations atm.

Agreed but a few hair colors don’t really impact much in the way of uniqueness. Since they are the most common hair colors anyway and aren’t a core aspect of a races identity and there are different shades of those colors that can be used.

3 Likes

I hope they go this route.

Probably no surprise there.

I want to see a little npc thing play out in the rift showing the wayfarers and scholars going through a ritual to become void elves.

Have the results be randomized customization options available to us.

Does two things for me.

1. it shows the void elves can “reproduce”
  2. it will show that our current options are all canon to void elves. (as well as the fan theory that those wayfarers and scholars are becoming void elves like their predecessors.)
1 Like

Can you provide citation for this claim Blizzard has confirmed HEs are canon through VEs and not RP tools.

You’re not losing out on anything Alliance was never entitled to High Elves. Half Elves you could make a case for, is that what you’re making a case for?

They didn’t proceed to give natural hair colors I wonder why :face_with_raised_eyebrow: it’s almost like the visual distinction argument has merit even at Blizzard.

It does when uniqueness has already been impacted.

Maybe if they hadn’t shared the skin tones they could have done natural hair colors but now it’s left in place as the last factor of visual distinction.

1 Like

I want rainbow colored hair for every race! And I also want the option to have a bulbous red nose too.

2 Likes

There is a clown megathread somewhere around GD.

It would be the fastest way to add something to them.

Adding a few Void Elf NPCs to the Silver Covenant and a few Silver Covenant/Highvale NPCs to the rift would solve most lore issues. Though the Highvale might be unlikely do to being light worshipers.

Stormwind High Elves and Void Elves hang out, but that’s just hanging out so far. They might be relatives/old friends for all we know. Or gossiping.

I think the Alleria path makes more sense, but you can add some variation to that as well. So same result.

These would be very good for both groups. As you could be both a Void Elf and a High Elf that’s been with the Alliance.

5 Likes

If you want to look more like the blood elf fantasy you should be fair skinned like Ion said. Otherwise the argument is flimsy because you chose to be brown like humans even though you also depend on Ion’s statement to say that BE=HE.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that bits needed though.

Individuals would be taking up the calling to become void elves most likely. You could easily have come from either group to join up. They as groups wouldn’t need to be involved.

I got the impression from at least the mage quarters ones that it was active recruitment myself, though we have little to actually go on.

Hers takes awhile, plus it pigeon holes void elves into only one look.

Better I think they use what they learned from the ethereal trap and Locus-Walker’s teachings to create a “fast track” ritual that combines randomness of the void to make it clear all the options are a part of us.

That way you don’t have to worry about what you picked being Canon or RP or what have you. Clear and without question.

Indeed.

It also (assuming we don’t get more helf options added otherwise) keeps the blood elves from losing that last bit of uniqueness.

Another thing that doesn’t get mentioned often for a reason Void Elves should get the Blood Elf hair options is that it’ll make those players happy. Isn’t that an entire argument for several customization requests? Giving them those options doesn’t take them away from Blood Elves, it simply allows both to freely enjoy it. I personally find it sad to refuse that, since hair is such a small piece of a character. Even two identical characters on different factions still have differences in terms of experiences they’ve gone through.

2 Likes

I think it would be a good way to establish them in the greater world and their place in it. And it creates a wider presence.

Right now they just don’t do much and connecting them to other groups in the Alliance would help that.

The Ritual might not even be known anymore as we killed the only guy who did it. Not to mention there is no reason to think that the results can be duplicated.

Not mention Alleria and Locus-Walker are their teachers and currently the only known path to becoming a Void Elf.

You could always just add variation to Alleria’s methods too. Or just say your are one of the first Void Elves.

3 Likes