[H-RP] <The Blackhand Battalion> The Horde Rises! ⚔

Amidst the clamoring of merchants and their patrons in The Drag, a feminine, orcish crier stood atop an overturned crate to distinguish herself from the bustling mob. With a deep, hoarse yell she declaimed the same words she’d been doing so for hours.

CITIZENS OF ORGRIMMAR! YOUR WARCHIEF DEMANDS YOUR EARS! The sordid Alliance have ransacked the Zandalari capital, laid waste to our holdings in the Eastern Kingdoms, and now threaten to invade our very homes in Kalimdor! Already they’ve sent their insidious agents to divide us against each other, eager to cripple the Horde as they did before! Make no mistake, the Alliance dogs will NOT hesitate to ENSLAVE us again if given the chance, inundated with their lust for BLOOD and AZERITE! If the Horde is to remain free of ALLIANCE TYRANNY, we must rally to our Warchief’s legions — NOW, MORE THAN EVER!"

The blistering desert heat did not seem to perturb the crier as she continued, her orcish tongue now listing off the names of various Overlords who were eager for fresh faces to fill their garrisons. The Horde’s postings for far flung fronts were often the most popular, given the unlikelihood of direct confrontation with the Alliance. Many simply weren’t eager to shed the blood of their former allies against the Legion, while others silently protested against Windrunner’s leadership. There was a brief pause in the crier’s monologue, her pointed fangs bearing an amused smile as she read the next name with noted fervor.

"ORGAZ WYRMSPLITTER. WARLORD OF THE BLACKHAND BATTALION."

The name was unknown to almost the entire crowd, except perhaps those native to Blackrock Mountain, but the title was not. Warlords acted as the Horde’s field commanders, entrusted with leading direct assaults against the Alliance’s holdings. Combat wasn’t a distant thought for those under their command — it was guaranteed. Those in the crowd who favored a certain High Overlord would slink away from the crier’s harsh gaze, and were this Hellscream’s Horde, the surreptitious dissidents may not have gotten far unscathed. This was Windrunner’s Horde, however, and so the crier pumped her chest and shouted in an imperious tone.

"Those of you who have the COURAGE to ensure the Horde’s SURVIVAL in this WAR, gather in the Valley of Honor with your BEST EQUIPMENT and report to WARLORD WYRMSPLITTER!"

This wasn’t a threat, but a challenge of both strength and loyalty from the Warchief herself.

Who would now stand to answer it?

[-=Who Are We?=-]

Our guild website:

theblackhandbattalion(dot)enjin(dot)com

The Blackhand Battalion is a fresh, heavy roleplay guild created with the express purpose of bolstering Moon Guard’s Horde roleplay community through high quality roleplay. We strive primarily to maintain a high level of activity with a wide variety of roleplay events: D20, D20-PvP, Server Campaigns, etc. and aim to host 3-4 events per week. Furthermore, while we actively seek quality writers, our guild welcomes membership from newer roleplayers who are eager to improve their roleplaying ability. Alongside our solid core of multi-year experienced roleplayers, we have a wealth of RP resources/guides that are available to help members sharpen their writing skills.

Given the Blackhand Battalion’s bellicose theme, our main focus lies in collaborating with Alliance military guilds to create interwoven, cross-faction storylines where our guild and mutual participants are given the opportunity to oppose REAL PLAYERS instead of NPCs represented by raid markers. If you’ve participated in recent Flames of War server campaigns, you’ll be familiar with this system. It is our hope that by actively engaging Alliance guilds regularly, more of the Alliance community will be inspired to roll a character and see what the Horde community has to offer!

[-=Our Theme=-] A.K.A. "Are you the bad guys?"

While the Blackhand Battalion thematically draws from Warlord Wyrmsplitter’s militaristic Blackrock roots, the Battalion seeks recruits from all cultures and races that are aligned with the Horde. Whether it is a Nightborne priest, a foul-mouthed Goblin rogue, or a veteran Orc warrior, the Battalion’s leadership values those who exhibit strength above all else. Loyalty to the Battalion’s Warlord and the Horde is also paramount, as orders are expected to be carried out and not questioned lightly. While sympathizers of Thrall or Saurfang may find the Battalion off-putting, it is important to note that the Blackhand Battalion acknowledges the laws and core values of the Horde. We are by no means a band of outlaws, but rather a military force that takes the Horde’s motto of Lok’tar ogar! quite seriously when faced with an existential threat.

In the Horde, action and strength are valued above diplomacy, and its leaders earn respect by the blade, wasting no time with politics. The brutality of the Horde’s champions is focused, giving a voice to those who fight for survival.

In short, we have no qualms in engaging the Alliance or other hostile guilds/factions in our campaigns. We are not interested in killing for the sake of killing. Where the Alliance may see us as monsters for putting their villages to the torch, we see a farm that can no longer produce food for the Alliance’s war effort.

[-=Tolerance Policy=-]

The Blackhand Battalion community is home to a wide variety of personalities and cultures. As such, while our OOC channels are open to a wide variety of topics, we ask that mutual respect between guild members be maintained. We do not tolerate racism, intentional or not, and pride ourselves on being inclusive of the LGBTQ+ community. Furthermore, we do not tolerate egregious forms of roleplay that break the Terms of Service and will remove those who violate our tolerance policy.

[-=Requirements=-]

Members are required to have basic grammatical ability, a fundamental knowledge of Warcraft lore, a collaborative mindset, and must be over the age of 18. There are no level requirements for new recruits, but characters that do not advance past certain thresholds will not advance beyond the “recruit/trial” rank.

[-=Recruitment=-]

For those who’ve read the above information and are interested in joining our community, please direct yourself to the Recruitment section of our website. It is highly recommended that you check our Application Guide before applying.

Once your application has been approved, contact one of the officers listed below to schedule your IC initiation (or to ask questions) as soon as possible. Upon completing the IC process, you will be invited into the guild!

BLACKHAND BATTALION OFFICERS:

Warlord (GM): Orgaz (Kerdic#3886)

General (Co-GM): Torzax (Vampirefork#2022)

Centurion (Officer): Kinkai (Jess#1363), Sonceri (Loriolio#5076)

All of these officers act as pillars for our guild. Do not hesitate to ask them any questions about the recruitment process, our guild, or any other miscellaneous topic.

I want to give a huge shoutout to EVERYONE in this thread, especially those who took a chance and helped found this guild from scratch with me. We’re already up to almost 20 members and I couldn’t have done it without your support!

13 Likes

They are an awesome group! First joined when guild in works, got to know folks and they know their works! Very responsible, funny, creative and all around a great group! Looking for a deep in rich RP/PvP to come, look no further!
(Phone speller…this an update fixed. It said “aren’t” from “are” fml)

SUPER MOOSE APPROVES!
Takes off
FOR THE HORDE!!

4 Likes

This guild will be fun.

1 Like

Hail and well met! The guild has risen from the warlord’s call…and an interesting forum post…to a growing movement for war. Looking forward to the roleplay, stories, PVP, and more. There’s something for everyone!

2 Likes

Warriors, healers, archers, and all those who would rise up for the Horde, heed the Warlord’s call and stick by us unafraid to do what is necessary!

2 Likes

Our first D20-PvP campaign has already been set up for next week with the wonderful guild known as < The Iron Ward >. Come join us as our battalion brings the war to the lesser known human holdouts in Lordaeron. Thrall and Jaina might be holding hands, but we’ll be holding heads!

LOK’TAR!

2 Likes

It was great meetin yas at the Flashbang Exports Expo, pal. Nice knowin a force is out there protectin Horde interests. Keep up da good work! And if ya need weapons, explosives, food and such, Flashbang Exports has gotcha covered.

3 Likes

Did someone mention…explosives? Color me intrigued! The Expo was a fine event. I may have to visit and consider your wares and supplies to expand the ol’ arsenal.

1 Like

Lok’tar ogar!!

1 Like

I’m very excited to announce our first D20-PvP campaign with Colette’s starting this Thursday and lasting through Sunday! Come join us as we scatter these Lordaeronian nobles and lay waste to their hovels!

FOR THE HORDE!!

1 Like

Just finished the campaign mentioned. Everything went great and everyone had fun. Join us for more RP-PvP events against the Alliance.

2 Likes

The Iron Ward had a very good time doing events with these folks, and we’re so excited to see RP being brought to the horde. The writers in this guild are excellent, even though they tried to stomp our guts in. :triumph:

Here’s to more collaborative cross-faction RP in the future!

4 Likes

10/10 Would get my s*** kicked in again by this group! Loved the cross-rp we had! I look forward to future events with the Blackhand Battalion!

5 Likes

First event run with these guys and hands down was one of the best. Looking forward to a bright future with these guys and to many more great campaigns!

3 Likes

Kind of a bad timing for the guilds cause the factions are about to dissolve don’t you think?

Had one heck of a good fight with Kitiará! First time using this D20 system, went smooth. Though I do need to track down that cowboy! :cowboy_hat_face:

Sonceri may need to tinker on a Masquerade mask illusion to sneak around and learn more.

1 Like

Appearances can be deceiving.

However, you are right about one thing, and that’s the Alliance dissolving as a faction after I break it apart with my big orc hands.

4 Likes

Right on, lok’tar

1 Like

Have you forgotten your humiliation on the Searing Gorge?
How your precious Warlord was BENT and BROKEN before me?
Will you beg for your lives as he did?
Whimpering like some worthless dog!

2 Likes

General Torzax, I command you to teleport this one into the sun.

Our first campaign has been completed. Check out the after-action report here.

theblackhandbattalion(dot)enjin(dot)com/forum/m/51770787/viewthread/32751574-d20pvp-campaign-breaking-ward

ALSO! I want to thank everyone from Colette’s guild, The Iron Ward, for participating in our very first D20-PvP campaign. I know it was the first time for many of us, especially my own guildies, but I think the interguild rivalries that sprang up are really awesome and I hope to capitalize again on them in the future.

Another big shoutout to Gavoz Bilgefist and Loranish for acting as mercenaries in our conflict too. While we’ll prioritize our own guildies first in our D20-PvP campaigns, mercs definitely help even the odds against MG’s massive Alliance presence! (Also, Torzax and myself definitely don’t mind taking a backseat to give mercs a spot in the fighting! Coordinating can be rough on its own sometimes…)

However, SPEAKING OF THE FUTURE, the Blackhand Battalion will be arriving in full force to the atoll in Vashj’ir to rally up our Horde brethen and crush the smelly Alliance present there.

“But Warlord, what about after Vashj’ir?” You might be asking yourself.

I hear the Wetlands are a nice place to visit this time of year. Lots of dwarves who are in a dire need of a smashing… :smiling_imp:

See you in early August, Bromas…