[H-RP] <Convocation of Darkness> Cult of Forgotten Shadows RP

Bumping for Deaders <3

2 Likes

An intriguing concept, the only shame is Calorick here isn’t much for religion! Wish you all the best of luck though, perhaps we’ll cross paths as I try and get more active on my Forsaken.

I know the OP says if you’re interested in “Forsaken religion”, but it really isn’t…yet.

What part of this do you consider as being a religion? The Cult of Forgotten Shadow is free from the dogma which the church of the light have.

The guild doesn’t necessarily seek religious types who are devoted followers of the Shadow’s either. Come as a skeptic, stay for Forsaken camaraderie, go beyond in your creative ways.

3 Likes

A random Forsaken talks loud enough for a partner next to him to hear, but he has no soul next to him, just people going about their business.

For most creatures in existence, they see the universe around them by that which reflects light. Since its inception, the light has exploited this fact for its own deceptions. We have all seen things appear differently when light hits an object in certain ways. Light can be bent to hide something in otherwise plain view. Light pretends it reveals truth, but it keeps its secrets in unnatural shadows of its own making.

That is why viewing our universe from the perspective of the Forgotten Shadows doesn’t just let you see past the lie which the light casts, but also those other things which even the light is blind to.

He walks on.

2 Likes

The summer events cause much to slow down, but we are almost through it. If the heat of summer is too much then you might seek shade. If you do often, then why not take a little step further into the Forgotten Shadow?

1 Like

Hello!

I’ve a hankering to RP this Forsaken of mine after stewing over it for a long time. What I’ve read here so far seems pretty good. I got two quick questions first before I dig into your Google form.

1. How’s it goin’? :dracthyr_tea:
  2. What would you say is the guilds typical RP schedule? I know the form asks about my own availability but I’d also like to know when the guild is usually doing stuff already. Stuff like what day(s) of the week, what time(s), and if its weekly, bi-weekly, etc.
2 Likes

Following this, as I have the same exact questions!

2 Likes

Hello hello! These are great questions :smile:

First of all: It is going quite well! There’s fog rolling in from the ocean outside my window right now and I could not be happier that it is finally OCTOBER :bat: :ghost: :spider: :skull:

Secondly, the guild’s RP runs on a roughly PST/CST-friendly schedule; we kind of tend to flex our start times for RP around 6pm PST, so late enough for Pacific folks like myself to make it home in time but also early enough so that any CST/EST folks aren’t dead on their feet the next day.

In terms of what days we typically target, most of our events tend to land on Monday—although we’ve had events on other days as well pending a need to adjust for outside factors (Monday just seems to be the day that works for the most people).

As for how frequent our RP is, our ideal schedule is usually weekly/bi-weekly events depending on people’s availability. We’ve taken a short break from major/main plot events during September while some side RP happens and people adjust to fall work/school schedule changes, but we have a non-plot social/light D20 event happening this Monday, October 9th to stretch our (theoretically) aching bones!

1 Like

Last night we stopped by Tirisfal to observe some goings on. A few days ago, we were in EPL. We’re back at it again this week on Wednesday, I believe.

3 Likes

We’ve had some very good RP nights recently, including an IC guild meeting last night with some promotions and an update on our next objectives that will be starting soon!

1 Like

The next phase of the Convocation’s plan to strike at a new clandestine order of Light-wielding zealots was put into motion tonight as a strike team of Forsaken made landfall at the Shatterspear War Camp in Darkshore. Journeying inland to the ruins of Bashal’Aran, the Forsaken battled restless spirits, rushing rapids, and narrowly escaped true death at the hands of patrolling kaldorei Sentinels.

Despite the long-held animosity between their two peoples, a truce was brokered between the band of Sentinels and the Convocation—with more dangers abound than initially thought, it became clear that for the moment, the two peoples shared a common enemy.

For even as a new order of fanatics seeks to convert or kill any who do not worship its Light, an ancient evil stirs deep in the barrows of Kalimdor…

Tonight saw us kicking off the next major arc in our guild’s main story! A classic D20 adventure complete with investigation, environmental hazards, and really pissed off ghosts. What more could one ask for? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We’ve had a lot of RP lately with socials, story events, and monthly meetings—November saw two of our longstanding members promoted to the ranks of Dark Seer and Shadowguard, recognizing their commitment to the Convocation and the clear mark of the Shadow’s favor upon them.

Weekends are M+ time, and tomorrow night we’re jumping into Castle Nathria for some transmog runs. May Remornia splatter us all across Denathrius’s walls. :crossed_swords: :drop_of_blood:

3 Likes

Several RP events have happened in the past couple of weeks, with adventure, intrigue and mystery. If you have a Forsaken character looking for a home, we’re recruiting - including cross faction DKs and elves using Darkfallen customization.

1 Like

Over the past several weeks, the Convocation has continued its mission against the Lightsworn fanatics in Darkshore. The most recent clash saw the Forsaken successfully dispatch a camp of Draenei and secure a Lightforged warframe to be later used against their enemies as they struggle against this fringe group’s dogmatic zeal.

Meanwhile, in the Eastern Plaguelands, more allies flock to the ruined chapel south of Light’s Hope to pledge their allegiance to the dark faith of the Forgotten Shadow…

We are going strong into the new year! Our main story continues with a balance of social and dice events as well as monthly guild meetings to convene, discuss recent RPs and story/character developments, and promote longstanding members who have ICly demonstrated growth as allies of the Convocation and devotees of the Forgotten Shadow.

With the release of the 2024 roadmap, the year is looking very good for WoW, and we are thrilled to be here and to be a part of it!

Our doors remain open to any undead who seek shelter from the Light, and a new home among the Shadow… :crystal_ball:

Screenshots from recent events:
https://i.imgur.com/MlLNxCt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UZLYY80.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zckg5YL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qRrSejc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3xDcSVR.jpg

2 Likes

A new year and new time for the undead to rise! :ghost:

2 Likes

Pssst, shouldn’t you be cooling off somewhere? waves a skull shocker bottle at you

1 Like

Is this guild active? I was thinking about making an Undead on WrA and going back to my RP roots. My original character back in 2004 was a Forsaken.

2 Likes

Hi Dragis!

We are definitely still active! We just had our January guild meeting last night and are gearing up for another month of social and story-focused events :smile:

If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them here, in-game, or on Discord!

Sounds good! My character on WrA is named Demortius.

1 Like

Application has been officially submitted. I just recently hit level 20.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to meet ya!