Guys calm down! (No Sharding thread)

Its a demo. A lot of the stuff is clutter left over from the legion client.

The phasing can be explained by the sheer number of players trying to play the demo. Its smart. There are only so many servers. Hopefully it will be gone in the actual game.

The increased regen could be because they want us to be able to play within the time limit. If we had to spend so much time eating we wouldn't get anything done in the time limit. I wish it wasn't there to make it more accurate but it could also be left over and not taken out yet.

As far as how fast we are killing things? Did you notice your level compared to the mobs we were killing? We out leveled the content. In Classic when you get to westfall you won't be 15. You will have those quests well before 15. You won't be killing a group of 4 on a rogue like I was. (Evasion ftw).

It's a demo guys. This is NOT a finished product. We still have the Classic Panel and the WoW Q&A. I'm sure some people will ask questions about it. I do wish they had said something about it rather than let us panic. Give it time.

Don't abandon ship until the game comes out. Don't listen or even give the trolls here attention. It just encourages them.
4 Likes
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys
it's just the first month guys

Sorry, but i know how Blizzard works at this point. I'm waiting until the WoW panel for them to answer if the phasing and sharding and LFR tools are staying, if they are, i'm out. At least i won't waste money on crap i i know i wont like.
9 Likes
11/02/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Vormav
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

Sorry, but i know how Blizzard works at this point. I'm waiting until the WoW panel for them to answer if the phasing and sharding and LFR tools are staying, if they are, i'm out. At least i won't waste money on crap i i know i wont like.

If they confirm it then I will be with you. Why wouldn't they have addressed this to begin with? You'd think they would know by now.
1 Like
Rozen you are one of my more favored posters here but I have to agree exactly spot on with Vormav here.
Why are you making excuses? we need to voice our concerns NOW to hope these things will be fixed. Waiting or letting things slide past means they will never be changed. This isn't what we wanted.

One thing i don't understand is why this is such a difficult thing for them. They could have done the EXACT same thing private servers are doing now and slapped 'Classic' onto the login screen and people would have been super happy to pay $15 a month for it when they've been doing it for free for years.
2 Likes
Also.

I am not so much worried about oversights that are just junk they haven't cleaned out yet.

It's things like the health regen, the pacing, the fort giving health instead of increasing max hp etc.
The fact that they put a demo out like this without saying a word about all of this crap that is included is concerning. They know this audience and they know the reaction. You'd think if they intended for a lot of this stuff to go away that they'd give a little pregame speech to ease our minds, but they didn't. I'm not confident the game will be true to the original.
1 Like
Blizzard already showed you much they give a crap about feedback with the BFA alpha and beta forums.

Are you seriously trying to argue that "waiting" is going to do anything? Seriously?

11/02/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Rözen
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

If they confirm it then I will be with you. Why wouldn't they have addressed this to begin with? You'd think they would know by now.

Like all the stuff they address now for retail right? oh wait they still don't adress crap.

Are you seriously arguing for this company right now?
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

Exactly. They go live Summer 2019 and they put out this piece of @#$%?

They still don't "get" what we're looking for.
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

So you're saying we gotta wait for the 1st patch.
11/02/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Melaned
Rozen you are one of my more favored posters here but I have to agree exactly spot on with Vormav here.

Hey thanks! I will be with Vormav if they do nothing about it.

11/02/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Elyacia
Blizzard already showed you much they give a crap about feedback with the BFA alpha and beta forums.

Are you seriously trying to argue that "waiting" is going to do anything? Seriously?

Like all the stuff they address now for retail right? oh wait they still don't adress crap.

Are you seriously arguing for this company right now?

I know. Trust me I know. I have been around since Vanilla. I get it. But I want this game to be right so much I have to have faith. I can't give up so easily. I just can't. I have wanted this for over a decade now. I HAVE to give it time. Maybe they left it in there to see the community reaction? Blizzcon isn't over yet.
They probably did it so everyone can get their $50 worth.
However I dont think I would want to play if they have phasing/sharding in the final product. The more I learn about it the more I hate it for Classic Wow.
I agree with you. Phasing is probably only in for the demo, or a remnant of new tech that has not been unplugged yet. As is LFR, LFG, and everything else you supposedly have "access" to in the demo. The only thing I have any doubt about is the increased regen.

However, telling people to calm down is counter productive. I do not like seeing the doom and gloom spreading everywhere, but this is the sort of thing that needs to happen. It reinforces what we want, and it gives blizzard a grim reminder of what their user base is going to end up looking like if they stray from the original design.

I know it is tempting to say "It is not even Alpha", but think about how many times people have said that, only for something to get pushed to live regardless of feedback.

Make your voices heard, and do not stop shouting.
11/02/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Modelcitizen
The fact that they put a demo out like this without saying a word about all of this crap that is included is concerning. They know this audience and they know the reaction. You'd think if they intended for a lot of this stuff to go away that they'd give a little pregame speech to ease our minds, but they didn't. I'm not confident the game will be true to the original.

It'd would've been as easy as to add a little banner at the loggin screen stating that the phasing and LFR and MEETING STONES were added only for the Demo, but no. That's why i'm concerned. Blizzard is always really fast to wash their hands in advance (see the Diablo/Blizzcon debacle) but not this time. So, chances are 80/20 the features will stay unless blizzard says the contrary.
As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way.

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.
10 Likes
More communication about what to expect would really help prevent so much confusion on things like this. We really don't want sharding, it wasn't in the original game. Fighting for mobs was part of the original experience that made the game difficult.

I'm concerned what else could happen if sharding is possible.
1 Like
See, not phasing. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
1 Like
11/02/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Lore
As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way.

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

So tl;dr - Sharding is sticking in.

At least we know our outrage isn't misplaced.
5 Likes

I quit, you guys have no idea why people like wow vanilla.
3 Likes

This seems reasonable. Man i stepped away for an hour to play the demo and this place lost it's mind lol.