You need to lock Herod

If you are scared now wait until release date when the majority of people that have held off on reserving a name come flooding onto the servers. Why is the default assumption that most people were willing to pay $15 to stress test the servers and reserve a name? Or that everyone has even heard that Classic is coming out until recent marketing? Blizzard can’t base “numbers” on anything right now and are probably going to be in for another shock. Every server is going to be packed to the rafters.

When they remove Layering, (which they have said is going to happen) there will be a que to get on the server. You know, like they did in Vanilla.

I choose to play on the highest pop server. If that means I have to wait in a que to get online, so be it. I picked the server because I want to make sure the server is going to always have a healthy population.

Yeah, haha. They’re totally doing this because they want the “authentic vanilla queue experience”.

They don’t have the tech required for there to not be queues in 2019 haha…

200 IQ logic

honestly are u working on ur masters rn? ur smart asf

And you are just attacking everyone that disagrees with you. Let me know how that works.

They have said they are going to remove layering. If you don’t believe them, that’s your problem, not mine

because what you just said is so stupid

ur acting like this is the early 2000’s mate

they have the tech, they just don’t want to spend money :smiley:

and layering has nothing to do with queues :slight_smile:

ur way smarter than me tho gj

honestly thank god plumbers and mcdonalds burger flippers can contribute something

What is dumb about what I said?

They have said they are going to remove layering. If there is still to many people on the server then the server will have a que to get on. It is what they have always done before phasing / layering was in retail. What else would they do beside that? Keep layering in? It’s going to be removed so that’s a no. What else does that leave us with? A que.

Your whole argument is that layer isn’t going to be removed. So once again, if you don’t believe them, then that’s your problem.

is your dig at the end really “ha-ha, I’m unemployed and you’re not!” ? This…is not something to gloat over.

Hey guys let’s make Herod the super official streamer free PvP server. Everyone play here and keep the streamers out. Okay!

…three… …days… …later…

OMG Too many people on my server! Blizz pls!

I havent subbed yet because I dont care about reserving a name. But come launch me and around 10 friends will be making characters on Herod. I acknowledge the fact that I will have to sit in a queue.

In your post history you made a comment about how you are rolling on Stalagg instead of Herod. Herod isn’t even the server you plan to play on. What is the point of you making this post anyways?

Either that or you are going to play on a server that you openly dislike.

And you call other people dumb…

That queue won’t drop as fast when people actually log in to play their character.

I do think it will drop at launch though, because no one has time invested yet.

I mean it’s been a while but the only really :joy::joy::joy: censored for your safety​:joy::joy::joy::joy:thing about playing with rag players is in arena you lag like crazy (that’s why old school mord memes from ooollld league of legends) so all they need to do is make a south American server ( cause trust me ruin scape gold got :joy::joy::joy: censored for your safety :joy::joy::joy: on wow gold so trust me on this) we make south American server for you know a quarter to an 8th of the player base that’s going to be.
Won’t stop all the 300 ping and it won’t reduce all servers by a good chunk but it will ssssooo totally help

Layering and queues are both tools to promote server stability.
Layering was chosen over queues so that people could play the game instead of watching a queue counter tick down.

Most of us don’t need blizzard to outright say something when it’s obviously implied.

I enjoy watching blizzard allow additional realms to become too populated, having not learned their lesson with Herod. Just spitballing here, but maybe, now bear with me, perhaps not having caps on server populations is not a Good Thing?

Again, I wish I could believe that Blizzard actually has a plan. Not much evidence of one so far.

Do you honestly believe Blizzard said layering is so they don’t need ques?

They have 2 different functions. Que is a soft cap. Layering is for scaling populations.

Queues promote stability.

What is it that you don’t understand?

Question OP, have you transferred off Herod yet?

I think a good solution is for blizzard to transfer off players who create threads about others leaving so they can stay and reap the benefits of those others leaving.

No one is claiming that there is a broad spectrum goal. When you go broad enough anything can be related.

At no point has one been meant to cancel out the other. Both layering and ques have always benn meant to be used.

Oh… well Herod players are now advocating to make it a “megaserver”.

Good luck with that.

Why do you care? Let them sit in queues for hours. All you can do is control what you do. If you and your friends are so concerned, move to another server. There isn’t anything magical about Herod.

So the only reason to make threads like this is to try telling other people how to play the game, “for their own good”, so that your experience can be better.