Gurubashi on the Horde

It’s time. Honestly, with the Zandalari in the Horde, I would’ve thought that more trolls from other tribes would have joined sooner tbh.

8 Likes

Gotto have some content for the Troll heritage questline :smirk:
Would be a good time to give troll some beards too

6 Likes

Rather Blizzard introduced a different kind of troll tribe.

Jungle trolls are already represented with the Darkspear, it would feel far more interesting to have one of the Forest or Ice ones: Revantusk or Drakkari for example.

This would also facilitate the request to have more unique models for troll players to customise their characters, as these two kinds of trolls are often presented with the bulky models

3 Likes

I kind of disagree?

The events of BFA resulted in something of a humbling of the Zandalari Empire, who were not particularly benevolent in their primacy over the other troll tribes. Compound this with Zandalar’s admission into The Horde, who have had a tense history with many tribes, you could probably expect a demystification of Zandalar in the eyes of the other tribes and a general move towards distancing themselves from the Zandalari.

Perhaps towards confederation amongst the remaining lesser tribes. Which would be interesting to see, at least in the short term.

3 Likes

Not going to happen.

Much like the Amani, the Gurubashi do not like the Horde, although their dislike is for a different reason. While the Amani despise the Horde for admitting the Blood Elves into their ranks, the Gurubashi hate the Darkspear Trolls.

They also fought the Horde during the First War, so they’re not exactly fond of the Orcs in general.

And on a final note, the Gurubashi, like the Amani, are scattered and leaderless. The last confirmed leader of the Gurubashi was High Priestess Mar’li, who was killed by Horde and Alliance champions in the Throne of Thunder raid alongside the last confirmed leader of the Amani and Drakkari Tribes.

4 Likes

It’s true that BFA was about humbling the Zandalari Empire and underlining how fading its influence over the Troll tribes was. However it’s undeniable that currently, the Horde is the political force that’s the most aligned with the interests of Trolls. It’s really becoming a pan-Troll power, having 3 Troll tribes + the Zandalari Empire as full-time members.

I don’t think every Troll nation should join the Horde though. It’s not that much about the Gurubashi/Amani being historically hostile to the Horde (the Horde has no problem having former sworn ennemies among its ranks : there are many examples of that), but I’d rather avoid the Trollkind become completely centralized and unified.

What I think would be a satisfying solution is have the formerly hostile Troll tribes become neutral to the Horde. Not even necessarily developing diplomatic relations, but just like, respecting an uneasy non-aggression pact.

There are some, though, that I’d like to see join the Horde : the Mossflayer would be a great fit thematically, and the Firetree and Smolderthorn have nowhere else to go. What about turning Jintha’alor (which is currently Horde-controlled) into a Horde Forest Troll hub ?
Also, a group of breakaway Blood Trolls willing to seek refuge within the Horde after the collapse of their G’huun-centered civilization would make up for a neat plotline.

Just throwing some ideas out there in anticipation of the Troll heritage questline lol

11 Likes

This is only the current lore. A tribe’s hostility to the Horde could easily change, for example, by mere diplomacy, or through an idea one of my friends had about making Vol’jin a “loa of tribes.”

Tal’Gurub in Zandalar is still around.

4 Likes

The Gurubashi are broking due to the lost war against Stormwind and then being invaded by the Horde with the help of the Zandalari. I doubt they will ever show up again. They can’t even help themselves.

Look I am all in for troll unity but first we need to help them get back on their feet. And rebuilding a civlization takes time.

1 Like

Yeah you’d know a lot about that.

If you hate me for hating the alliance sure go ahead but my loyalty to the trolls of this game won’t be questioned.

2 Likes

Gurubashi and Amani both have some decisions to make. They can either go back into ZG and ZA respectively and sulk over their losses and eventually completely die off.

Or maybe they can finally set their excessive hate baggage down and connect with some of their neighbors and work things out. I know it’s tough with the “All Land is Troll Land” mentality but that mindset is getting them nowhere anymore.

Someone mentioned something about Troll Heritage questline. It would be a great opportunity if they were to diplomacy these stubborn tribes and get some dialogue going.

I’m questioning it now.

3 Likes

So you just think that the Gurubashi can somehow get over years of animosity and the fact that the Horde were directly responsible for the slaughter of a great deal of their kin and leadership? That’s… extremely optimistic.

Tal’Gurub exists, yes. However the majority of the Gurubashi there were slaughtered by the Jambani and their leader Vol’jamba. There were survivors, but as of current lore, the Gurubashi, much like the Amani, are scattered and leaderless.

2 Likes

If any tribe joins it’ll be the Revantusk, they’re already part of the Horde

1 Like

WoW has a history of doing just that, yes

9 Likes

Not as often as you might think.

The few times it has happened there have been extraordinary circumstances involved.

Fact is, the Gurubashi hate the Horde, and now thanks to the Horde and the Jambani, they’re a scattered, leaderless troll tribe. I can’t see them joining the Horde, not willingly. Same with the other troll tribes that the Horde has worked to decimate, which is almost all of them except for the Revantusk, Shatterspear and the Darkspear.

2 Likes

The same thing happened with the Zandalari tribe itself. It is still canon that Vil’nakdor was sent by Rastakhan to help Zul conquer Pandaria. A great deal of Zandalari were slain by both the Horde and the Alliance. Not to mention, similar situations have happened irl.

Hm, I checked, and that’s unfortunate. Well, I hope there are still remnants in Zul’Gurub to potentially work out a deal with them.

Not to mention, “Gurubashi” can also be used as a term for Jungle trolls in general, according to the old Troll Compendium. I was actually thinking of more Jungle Trolls tribes too.

Considering they almost defeated Stormwind on their own if Medivh hadn’t pulled his magic ex machina BS then I think this time around they can reclaim their lost lands when they have the Horde support to back them up.

No, he was not. Vilnak’dor was not ‘sent by King Rastakhan to help Zul conquer Pandaria’. What King Rhastakhan did was tire of Zul’s constant grandstanding and prophecies of doomsday, so he gave him permission to take a few of his largest ships so he and his followers could ‘seek a new land should his visions come to pass’. At no point did King Rastakhan sign off on the conquering of Pandaria, or the Zandalari’s alliance with the Mogu and the Thunder King.

Vilnak’dor was a close friend to King Rastakhan (described by his aid Khal’ak as what Vol’jin was to Thrall with respect to how close they were), but Rastakhan never ordered him to go with Zul, he did that on his own, and he ultimately betrayed Rastakhan and was killed by him due to his loyalty to Zul and his prophecies.

As for the rest of the Zandalari on Pandaria, all the Zandalari there were Zul’s followers, more loyal to the prophet than their King back on Zandalar.

1 Like